Building 1000 hp gn need some help

turbo gn

Im trying to build my gn to have high hp and would like to know whats the best stuff to go with. Plans are to be a nasty street car that can take it to the track. Are champians ported iron heads and intake good or is there someone else that carrys something better? Other questions are th 400,rear end,and many more. Any help would be appreciated.thanks

Who's building it, these questions would be better answered by that person personally. For example, if it were Dan at DLS or Nick at Arizona GN, I'd stick with their recommendations as that's a level of power double of what most of us are making.

After reading the Champion heads and intake, it sounds like you're doing it. I'd call the people above and consider it an insurance policy on your investment.

That's a very open ended question. Who is going to build it? Stage 2 or ?? Etc.

1000 HP and you are asking about ported irons??? You need to call someone that knows and open that wallet WIDE.

Who's building it, these questions would be better answered by that person personally. For example, if it were Dan at DLS or Nick at Arizona GN, I'd stick with their recommendations as that's a level of power double of what most of us are making.

After reading the Champion heads and intake, it sounds like you're doing it. I'd call the people above and consider it an insurance policy on your investment.

x2, Call Dan at DLS if your serious, his info is in my sig.

Im trying to build my gn to have high hp and would like to know whats the best stuff to go with. Plans are to be a nasty street car that can take it to the track. Are champians ported iron heads and intake good or is there someone else that carrys something better? Other questions are th 400,rear end,and many more. Any help would be appreciated.thanks

for 1000 hp you need to go stage 2 or go home if your gonna keep it "buick"....but expect to loose 30xxx getting there lol

or a built/big inch lsx with a nice sized snail would do it

Yep..

nothin to it, but to do it.....................
Sounds like someone is hittin the bong a bit too often....:D:D

1000hp won't be stock block or single turbo,with iron's an stock block you'll get 600-700hp relieably Max. Any thing over 800hp stage 2 or aluminum must be used,most are twin turbo,1000hp you'll need bullet proof tran's an rear end as well,1000hp motor $15,000,trans $2500,rear end $2000

Enjoy!

TA block and heads will be a good start

as said, Nick @AZgn or one of the other noted builders can get you going.
good luck

I would ....

opt for the T/A block and Heads also. You can check out the T/A web sote from the home page. If you are not up on the TR's then call one of the builders mentioned and they can give you a good idea of what it will require to build such a GN that would only be a dream:eek: for most of us.:(

There are a few places around the country that can build excellent 1000 HP turbo Buick engines including us.

Engine builders generally do not build race cars, and that is our speciality, at least down to the 8 sec. level which we have done. :)

To start with a stock GN and get it RELIABLY and consistent into the 8's would be a $40-50K project minimum. I just quoted an 8 sec. GN street/strip build which is in excess of $60K. :confused:

Good luck on your build and goals, but realize going that fast with any make or model race car is very expensive.

1000hp won't be stock block or single turbo,with iron's an stock block you'll get 600-700hp relieably Max. Any thing over 800hp stage 2 or aluminum must be used,most are twin turbo,1000hp you'll need bullet proof tran's an rear end as well,1000hp motor $15,000,trans $2500,rear end $2000

Enjoy!

These are do it yourself prices. show me where to buy a trans. that will hold 1000hp for $2500 and engine for $15,000. I will take 2 of each for those prices.;)

These are do it yourself prices. show me where to buy a trans. that will hold 1000hp for $2500 and engine for $15,000. I will take 2 of each for those prices.;)

+1. I'll take a dozen of each. A trans/converter will set you back 4-5k alone. The rear itself 4k. Any other parts added in like coil overs or whatever will add a lot more $$$

+1. I'll take a dozen of each. A trans/converter will set you back 4-5k alone. The rear itself 4k. Any other parts added in like coil overs or whatever will add a lot more $$$

I was starting to feel like i got ripped off. lol I just ordered a tranny from Lonnie for $3100 & converter for $950 from Dusty. Thats not installed either. And just had motor built for 15k and it dynoed at 540 @ 21# so figure another 450 hp will @ minimum be additional 15k. Plus fuel system to supply that. Fuel management system, drive shaft, suspension etc. DEEP POCKETS!! Look at spending around 60k cause your not going to build that motor for 1000hp and not have a nice paint job and interior.

...1000hp you'll need bullet proof tran's an rear end as well,1000hp motor $15,000,trans $2500,rear end $2000. Enjoy!

I do not want to get into a pissin' match, but if you have not "walked the walk, then don't talk the talk" if you have not been there.:mad:

A stage or alum engine will be ~$25K, and the turbo, or turbos, are over $3K, a fuel system over $3K with injectors.

Anyone serious about a 1000 HP engine "usually" is doing this for competition, as it is way too much for just street use. With the need for an engine computer, boost controller, safety, suspension, not to mention trans and rear end are all a whole new ball game, and ALL, plus more, are needed and EXPENSIVE to play this game.

Some of my racing buddies with 8 sec. Hemi's have over $45K in just the long block! :eek:

Pure Base line,that doesn't include All the stuff to mate it an have it function or all the Other part it still needs to operate at all (converters,turbo's,frame mod's,exhuast routing,etc,etc, those prices i stated before Will hit 1000hp on the dyno...But only Once....lol...

I wonder if we're being trolled again? Lot of that going on lately.

Or buy a Honda Vtec and slap a few stickers on 'er and that'll get you close to 1000HP. I have alot of those guys around here. The Fart Can exhaust will push it just north of 1200HP. AND do it ALL DAY LONG, too. MAn you Buick guys just don't understand horsepower production. That's why Grand Nationals are so slow. (except in Reverse with Vin Diesel driving, then they are BAD AZZ!!!!!):rolleyes::biggrin: