Bruce Plecan's turbo surge remedy works.

Don't go by me! :D :D All I know is I tried it and it worked. Car seems to be as fast as ever, nice getting into some part throttle boost without the bucking.;)

And, having a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge, I noticed when I WAS having an episode of surge that the gauge was bouncing all over the place, nice and steady now. Going to do some more testing tomorrow as I am going to a car show that is about an hour away so I can hammer on it more than a few times.

Mark where is the car show? Closer to you or me? I might be interested in going since im off 2morrow. Thanx.

Brett, Berlin Fairgrounds 10AM-4PM, lots of nice cars and NO cutoff date so our cars are actually welcome. Waiting to see what the weather is doing. Looks like it will clear in time.

another believer...

Well, I just went to Pep Boys and bought the $50 Tornado ki75 (3") put it in right before the turbo in the metal tube, (I don't have the flex hose anymore) I did have to squish it just slightly for it to fit. It definetly works, it looks like it gets the air started in the right rotation before it hits the turbo compressor blades.
I work here American Hydro Corporation : Home as a Journeymen Machinist and we build water wheels or hydroturbines and all the supporting hardware. All of the turbines have what is called, a "stay ring" right before the turbine and all that these do is get the water flowing in the right direction before the turbine blades hit them. So based on the same principal with air it makes sense to me...

Edit: Well I could have saved some money if I would have got it here at flea bay eBay Motors: NEW - TORNADO - FUEL SAVER - MORE MPG - MODEL KI-75 (item 260232540641 end time May-20-08 21:16:25 PDT)

Chuck

LOL, this is finally catching on after Bruce posted it in April of 06!!

I guess Kenne Bell was onto something too, I wonder what the dead spiders help with though??:p

It just arrived in the mail today................

...............I can't believe I'm putting such a thing in my intake:rolleyes: AND, can't believe such a thing cost me 40 bucks:eek:

Should be able to install it tomorrow to see how it works.

...............I can't believe I'm putting such a thing in my intake:rolleyes: AND, can't believe such a thing cost me 40 bucks:eek:

I thought the same thing when I did it. I felt even more foolish when it didn't work! But I put mine way out at the end of the inlet tube. When I put the engine back in the car :)rolleyes: ) I'll see if I can get that Tornado in the right place.

Jim

Should be able to install it tomorrow to see how it works.

The tornado stopped the part throttle surge in my GN, I installed it right in front of my inlet bell and secured it with the clamp.

OK guys I just bought one and S/B able to test it this weekend.
I have been chasing issues that I thought was MAF noise but maybe this is the ticket!

WTH, for $35 worth a try!

Didn't JCW catolog sell that with the full tip spark plugs, Rap around fuel line magnets in the days gone by, You had to watch out if you used all of them your gas tank would run over while you drove your mileage went up so high

Update

I thought that I would report back after having it on for about a week, I drive the car almost everyday. I wish I would have put this on a long time ago, the car is much nicer to drive. I now have all my throttle at my disposal and not just up to 5 psi or floored only.

Chuck

Didn't JCW catolog sell that with the full tip spark plugs, Rap around fuel line magnets in the days gone by, You had to watch out if you used all of them your gas tank would run over while you drove your mileage went up so high

Have you tried it?

Jim

Why do the instruction say to install right at the throttle body but you guys are installing them at the turbo inlet?
Mike
86 GN

The pc of metal has air deflectors in it, and unless they go right beside the turbo, no change will be noticed. It is to big a pc to be sucked into the turbo, in fact I have a 3" pipe where the stock dryer flex hose was and I had to squish the deflector a slight amount to get it to fit, tapping it in with a rubber mallet.

Chuck

Amazing, the thing does, in fact work:eek: I have it near the turbo at the very end of the MAF pipe, which leaves about 3 inches of rubber hose that is between the tornado and the turbo inlet, but I can still have any throttle/boost I want!! Used to never be able to be on the freeway and have it anywhere between 5 & 15# of boost, ALL FIXED NOW:D

Why do the instruction say to install right at the throttle body but you guys are installing them at the turbo inlet?
Mike
86 GN

Because it is being used to direct, accelerate and stabilize the air going into the Compressor of the Turbo and not "save gas" as it was originally designed.

Roc87

Eric glad you finally broke down and tried Bruce Plecan's turbo surge remedy out. Don't worry I'll never tell anyone one you have a Tornado ... I know I was relieved to get rid of that darn SURGE. You ought to be able to get some good solid runs in now that you don't have to worry about the dreaded surge. .....Obviously you must have got your ride back from the body shop how the doors come out? She ought to look real purdy with that new paint job. We need to hook up it's been awhile.

The parts the guy worked on look fantastic, no more cracked bondo on the shaved handles! The shaved bumpers came out great, the monte SS mirrors are now in the right spot (moved forward about 6" from stock location).

But.... The rest of the car is NASTY DIRTY, there are thousands of water spots, and all kinds of overspray, but I've tried a few sections with the buffer and they come out. Still have to colorsand/buff the hood & doors, but at least I have it back, only took 4 months!!

It was quite fun on the way into & back from work, not having that surge!!! I still have the emissions chip in it, and will be stuck with that until I get it tested, but not having that surge is real nice!;)

I guess we all know cures the surge if installed before the turbo or TB however has anyone tested to see if your car slowed down? Was it a restriction?