Bruce Plecan's turbo surge remedy works.

i dont know if i have the same problem. but if i get off the gas the car falls on its face and then surges then picks up again as i am slowing down from a full throttle blast. i did try a bov and it didnt help any.

Sounds like classic compressor surge to me.

i dont know if i have the same problem. but if i get off the gas the car falls on its face and then surges then picks up again as i am slowing down from a full throttle blast. i did try a bov and it didnt help any.

Sounds more like a sticky/slow IAC problem to me.

I just upgraded to a 61, and the guy tunning it said it was surging. So now im not sure what a Tornado is, please speak as if you talking to a 4year old, and tell me what it does, and where it goes, also any pics would be a great help.

Mybuick, you might have a problem with a fat decel due to a torque converter change. You need to get an updated chip to help with that.

1Chance, go to the link right above you, that Tornado is for the 3" inlet pipes.
Take off your Maf and insert the Tornado in your inlet pipe ( it doesn't matter where it is in the pipe, mine is the 70mm and I have found it in different places in the pipe LOL ).
Install Maf and see ya later with no surging while holding mid level boost.

The Tornado is smoothing out the turbulent inlet air while the compressor is spinning during a boosted run. Bruce probably knew it would work right off the bat which is why he bothered to buy it netting great results.

You will not see any MPG increase because the turbo is in between it negating the vortech like action it might have on the air going into a motor under vacuum and acceleration.

How is the build quality on these pieces? No concern for them braking apart and getting sucked through the turbo at 25+ pounds of boost?

Funny, I have been running one for about eight years, and I know they work
on my car and some other vehicles, in the past all the bad press they were getting on this forum, I was almost
afraid to say anything for getting bashed, so I guess I can come out of the closet, lol.

Ron

How is the build quality on these pieces? No concern for them braking apart and getting sucked through the turbo at 25+ pounds of boost?

My thoughts exactly....... I think Ill put up with a little compressor surge vs buy a new turbo! Just my .02

Tornado's are just pieces of tin with goofy shapes to re-direct the air flow path. Its been a few years since I really looked at one, but I think they are held together with rivets? Dont remember its been a while........

The tornado does work!! I installed the tornado as close as I could to the turbo inlet bell(inside rubber hose clamped) I gotta say it does work, it stopped my part throttle surge completely, I took it for a ride and tested highway speed surge and it's gone too! got the car a little sideways doing it!!

OK now we have to test if its the tornado or just a restriction before the turbo that is curing the problem. My car doesn't surge so I can't exactly test anything. What do you guys think you all should try instead of the tornado for this test?

Iam working on a 87 GN for a Guy and he has an one made into the inlet pipe near the turbo its looks to be a factory build I dont know who made it.

" What do you guys think you all should try instead of the tornado for this test? "

Badminton birdie perhaps?

Newer plastic ones not the old ones with feathers. ;) :biggrin:

I wouldn't want one on a daily driver, but Kenne-Bell had an air director spinner on his 3" MAF pipe at the turbo end around 1990.

The welds were known to corrode and break doing wonders for peoples turbos. :eek:

I think I have one somewhere in my stuff. :p

" What do you guys think you all should try instead of the tornado for this test? "

Maybe one of those giftshop windmills?:biggrin:

I was reading on google that for turbocharged, they run em after the intercooler...hmmmm bad enough wondering it its gonna disintegrate into the turbo let alone in the motor

but what the hell im gonna install it infront of the inlet