Bob Bailey ignition module

for the harness that leads to the coils.

There are extra pins/wires in the harness for the additional features.

Bob

will we be able to monitor on powerlogger each cylinder firing just incase we have a missfire or sputter? or can there be a way to do it?

will we be able to monitor on powerlogger each cylinder firing just incase we have a missfire or sputter? or can there be a way to do it?

Gonna have to think about that one, its an interesting idea....

Bob

im new to the turbo world,and alot of people on here have helped out greatly in which way to go with what i have,but my question to bob is.....there was talk some replys back that siad something about "hot wire to coils",is this a must on factory modules,and if so,how does a guy do it.....i would def b interested in yur new set up when available....i have plenty of time to wait,car is getting mini tubbed,and i have more parts on the way so i can deal with what the previous guy didnt do correctly!!!!

Gonna have to think about that one, its an interesting idea....

Bob

thanks bob that would be awesome especially if we are going to have six seperate coils!! thanks for all your hard work and thought into making the turbo buick world a better and funner place. hope you sell alot of these.

Waste Spark etc.

Wastespark works with healthy stock components because the supposed reverse circuit or reverse flow of energy (J) from cathode to anode does not exist.I don't think we will see electrons piled on the spark plug cathode jumping the gap to the anode due to the surface area and shape of the cathode.Not only this but the resistance is much greater at the cathode than at the anode.The energy takes the path of least resistance through the anode to the cathode.The wastespark path acts like an open circuit.No current flow and no voltage flow.We don't destroy energy.I think if your spinning healthy RPMs then you may be infringing on the coil saturation time req'd to bring the wastespark coil to max energy level at lets say 6500 rpm.The window size for coil saturation is a constant regardless of engine rpm.Also our engine firing order does not have adjacent coil towers firing in sequence.Clearly the oe coils have time to saturate to max charge because of the above reasons.I suspect that potential power gains may be possible on 7000 rpm engines that steal from the coil charge window.Gains are also possible with lower resistance wires and plugs (Duttweiller is seeing power improvements from Irridium plugs on forced induction engines-lower resistance).Gains may also be possible froma larger gap,but I would like to see data that supports this being used with our iron heads.

Thats something I am planning to develop later on. Its a pretty complex function.

Bob

Some more pictures

Here are a few pictures of the coilpack style module. This coilpack has similar firepower to the LS style packs, in a convenient 6-pack size....

Also is a picture of the rev limit and mode settings inside.

Bob

Attachments

• Coilpack side.jpg
    Coilpack side.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,644
  • Coilpack top.jpg
    Coilpack top.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,629
  • Module settings.jpg
    Module settings.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,650
Sorry had not noticed this thread until now:

Pictures of the ignition system on an engine that John Spina had on a stand

Yes it will clear everything under the hood, that was the first question that I had

Attachments

• P2130861.jpg
    P2130861.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,180
  • P2130862.jpg
    P2130862.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,176