Bob Bailey ignition module

Question, with the wastespark coil pack attached to the lid, is it ok to run the car with the lid off the module to change modes, etc? Or is the coil pack grounded through the module chassis somehow? Not driving around or anything but at least running the engine to check cam sensor sync, timing, etc. In TurboDave231's vid, it looks easy to do but he doesn't have a coilpack mounted to his lid.

I'm in, paypal sent.... thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been fighting junk igniton modules and coils for to long....

Chuck

yours will ship in a couple days, I'm out of the coils and wires. They are due to arrive in the next couple days.

Thanks.

Bob

Remote mounted TR6.

Attachments

• image-1280329693.jpg
    image-1280329693.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 398
  • image-1286109556.jpg
    image-1286109556.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 405
  • image-442890188.jpg
    image-442890188.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 434
When you install it in the stock coil location are you able to reuse the previous coil wires or do you need custom ones?

The coil towers are a much different (and much better) design. You could change the ends of your current plug wires, but they won't work as-is.

Bob

Ok, I'm in for the wire extensions, I like the look better and better access to the dip switches, call Casper's for both extensions?

Chuck

Caspers has the ccci extension, send me an email about the coil harness.

Ok, I'm in for the wire extensions, I like the look better and better access to the dip switches, call Casper's for both extensions?

Chuck

chuck i called john spina for the ccci extension, if you need his email let me know

and paul fabricated the brackets for the module

A quick note on the TR6 2-step trigger wire.

The triggering can be set up to be activated by a voltage applied to the orange wire, or (by turning on Mode6), a voltage applied will de-activate the 2-step.

So, if you want to use a grounding switch to trigger the 2-step, turn on Mode 6, to reverse the "sense" of the trigger input, and turn on Config 3, which applies a voltage to that input.

Now, connect the orange wire to the switch, and the other side of the switch to ground.

These details are in the manual, but it was broughton to my attention that it was not really clear. I will clarify it when I update the manual.

Thanks guys!!!

Bob

The waste spark setup looks quite high. Can a height from bottom of new module to top of plug boots be supplied ?
Thanks

The waste spark setup looks quite high. Can a height from bottom of new module to top of plug boots be supplied ?
Thanks

ok, just measured. with the tall boots on the plug wires, the total height is 6 inches (pretty much dead on) from the mounting surface of the interface box to the top of the boot.
(the oem style truck wires, the "standard" wires, and the MSD wires all use very similar boots)

The Magnecor wires have a better boot and the whole setup is about .5" shorter (so 5.5" total height with the Mags)

Bob

I installed a new set of AC/Delco plugs gapped at .035 when I installed the TR-6 ignition, idle is smooth as silk, and noticed the O2 sensor gage is more solid, less jumping around. When cruising around town just off idle, car feels stronger, would not be surprised if fuel economy improves. I haven't been to the track yet but car does feel like it's got a little more gitty up, in it. Thanks Bob for all your hard work, in this worthy product for us, Buick Turbo owners.

Chuck

I installed a new set of AC/Delco plugs gapped at .035 when I installed the TR-6 ignition, idle is smooth as silk, and noticed the O2 sensor gage is more solid, less jumping around. When cruising around town just off idle, car feels stronger, would not be surprised if fuel economy improves. I haven't been to the track yet but car does feel like it's got a little more gitty up, in it. Thanks Bob for all your hard work, in this worthy product for us, Buick Turbo owners.

Chuck

Awesome! I'm finally installing mine tomorrow and tracking it June 24th. Pics to follow with good results at the track too I'm hoping.

Great system. Roughly an hour to install with plugs. Idles better, and I heat soaked it today, tip in is way better off idle, and I couldn't be happier. Gap is at .040 and I ran 21psi multiple times today and it pulled hard every time. It was 90 degrees today as well. It pulls away from stop signs even hot like it's nothing at all. My old coil used to stumble once in a while off idle when this hot. Thanks Bob. Taking it to the track next Sunday.