Blown 2011 v6 Mustang

I don't know how to put the link up here + I prob shouldn't do this, because i'm considering buying this car,but got to NH craigs list + put in 2011 mustang,+ check out the one for sale,its $19999 for basically a brand new,305hp,6 bolt main,all forged bottom end, all aluminum motored, 13 second car.
that gets 31 mpg, + looks amazing.:eek:

Looks like just the cost of the pro-charger setup,i would guess in the $5k range.

Just googled it + they are $5150 + free shipping + i'll bet if you shop around they can be had under $5k
They claim 475 crank hp on a stock v6 car.:biggrin:

Yikes. Cool idea, looks like the V8 option gives you almost the same power for cheaper. Then again I do believe they also make blower kits for the V8 cars now. Either way impressive is all I can say. Wished I had the funds to stop throwing money into an old Buick and step into something newer.

I took a look at that 2011 V6 Mustang for sale in NH and it looks really nice!:cool: Let us know if you end up buying it.

I took a look at that 2011 V6 Mustang for sale in NH and it looks really nice!:cool: Let us know if you end up buying it.

Did you look at it in person or on craigs list?
He said price is firm,so i'm going to have a dealer locate one for me if possible + see what i can get a new one for.I'm thinking a new one will prob only be a couple grand more + will have no miles + the warranty will start from scratch too.+ i would ike a white one.
But i called a couple dealerships + they are all sold out,i have been checking inventories online too + an auto v6 car is almost impossible to find.
gt's are stll plentiful but not the 6's.
I'd like that one if it were orange like it looks in the pics but its not,its red.

I saw the car on Craigslist since I live in NJ, but I liked what I saw. It doesn't surprise me at all that the v6 Mustangs are selling like crazy. With gas prices going up, I figured that people would prefer the v6's due to their potential for big power and stingy fuel mileage . But even the 5.0's should be able to get in the mid 20's to low 30's on the highway if you take it easy. But yeah, I'm seeing these v6 Mustangs everywhere.

I saw the car on Craigslist since I live in NJ, but I liked what I saw. It doesn't surprise me at all that the v6 Mustangs are selling like crazy. With gas prices going up, I figured that people would prefer the v6's due to their potential for big power and stingy fuel mileage . But even the 5.0's should be able to get in the mid 20's to low 30's on the highway if you take it easy. But yeah, I'm seeing these v6 Mustangs everywhere.

Finally got to drive one.
I wasn't overly impressed tho,I actually drove a 2012,middle of march seems a bit early for the next yrs model,but at least now they are becoming available ,because the 2011's are scarce in the v6.
First the car i drove was dull, it had dark blue outside + black interior (+ was the base interior),the red one on craigs list with the tan interior is much sharper.
It was an auto with the 273's ,so it was the least performance oriented version.
The power is good,but not great in that configuration,I have never been in an automatic,that is somewhat of a performance setup that has so much Yaw between shifts,A good shift kit will probably take 3 tenths off an e.t. it is crazy slow shifting,+ almost like a power loss for a split second as it finally did shift,I may have been hitting rev limiter tho,or i think i read somewhere that it has some kind of torque sensing thing when they shift, I think when they do a tune they eliminate it,so i could have been feeling that too,ill have to read more on it.
Also this car only had 4 miles on it + so the motor was very tight,+ i'm sure that it still had the cheap gas they put in at the factory,87 or lower,+ these cars automatically retard or advance timing to accomodate up or down on the octane rating,+ this being a 10.5 to 1 motor ,it was probably pulling the timing way back.
Having said all that,I can see where they have great potential, they do want to rev,+ make good power. I think even without upping the power,+ just putting
a converter,gears, shift kit,good gas,+ a tune,is going to make it a quick little car. I would bet very low 13's before adding power with,all the usual bolt ons.
Even with these gears,i held the brake for a second + it was very easy to start the tires spinning,but once it started to spin i just let off,I didnt want to bring it back smelling like burnt rubber,i'll bet with those 273's + a 7000 rpm redline it'll put down a pretty long first gear smokeshow. Just the perf axle option with the 331's will make a huge diff i'm sure,but a shift kit will be manditory in these cars.
Also found out as well built as everything is in these,bottom end etc.they also have the extremely strong 8.8 rear with limited slip as standard equipment which since 2005 have the 31 spline axles, (So i'm assuming these have the good axles too)thats insane in a 6 cyl,(my ls1 camaro ss has a wimpy little 7.5 inch grenade for a rear)which means if you do supercharge one, the rear is't going to be a problem, you've already got a big strong posi rear to back it up.
I would imagine these new trans are pretty beafy too.
I feel strange talking about a v6 car,like this,but for the price it's pretty incredible what they are building into these things.
about 2 +1/2 Decades ago i payed over 18 k for my gn,now roughly 25 yrs later you can get a 6 spd 305 hp 2011 stang,(manual trans are 1000 less)with
dealer discount + $1500 rebate from ford ,for $21500 or less,I'm not sure how they are doing it but there is a couple with auto trans on the internet,(one in texas with 45 miles for $21000 even with the 1000 auto trans option.)This is in 2011 dollars,which are worth way less then a dollar was worth in 1987,It's probably the equivelent of paying about $10000 for a gn 25 yrs ago_Of course this is for a base model ,but now the base stang is actually very loaded if you compare it to back then,these base stangs have 4 wheel anti lock brakes power everything,posi rear,keyless entry,160 speedo,guages, etc. etc. some 4 valve heads + high rpm capabilities, that should make awesome power with forced induction + overbuilt drivetrains to handle the extra power.
Don't get me wrong i'd much rather a gt without question but the price is alot higher,I just think the price is phenominal on these for what they are giving you.
Look what it costs to build a T/A motor,with an aluminum block,forged crank + rods,free flowing aluminum heads,+ all the labor, (cost more then the whole v6 stang costs)I think the t/a setup is most likely alot beafier, bigger rods ,beafier block etc, but the mustang blocks are pretty beafy 6 bolt main,With forged crank + rods too with heads that i would think must flow close to the 2 valve t/a heads, possibly more.
I would love to see how the 2 stack up against each other.with tests to see how much boost the ford motors are going to be able to handle.
The ford motor is a production block + rods,crank etc. so its prob not fair to compare the 2 but it would be interesting to see just how far off the stang 6 would be.
That 5.0 is extremely impressive too + looks like its going to be able to handle big power,one of the magazines is testing it + it is making big hp under boost,+ they found that the weak spot so far is at 700 rwhp,so probably 800 crank hp, some part of the oil pump is letting go it happened twice i think at 15 lbs,but the rest of the motor is holding up fine so far. They are working on a better pump + are going to keep pushing it,they are comparing it with a gt 500 + it is making more power then the gt 500 with the same amount of boost,its making all this power with the smallest kennebell super charger.These new motors are monsters.
There is a bone stock 5.0 on youtube with just the 2.8 kenne bell (Smallest)blower,+ drag radials, running 10.6 @ 133.6 mph with stock automatic.
at 11 lbs of boost. That mph says its a low 10 car as is,Imagine with slicks,converter,gears,long tubes,x-pipe,cat backs,etc.check it out ,it's the red one on you tube. You can tell by the lauch compared to the car next to it,that a converter + slicks will cut alot of time off the e.t.

No doubt that today's new v6 and v8 engines are tougher than ever. For a stock internal 5.0 to only go through an oil pump at 800 horsepower is nothing short of astonishing! Our 109's, even girdled, are very hard pressed to withstand that kind of power and it's very unlikely that anything is gonna be stock at that point too.

No doubt that today's new v6 and v8 engines are tougher than ever. For a stock internal 5.0 to only go through an oil pump at 800 horsepower is nothing short of astonishing! Our 109's, even girdled, are very hard pressed to withstand that kind of power and it's very unlikely that anything is gonna be stock at that point too.

I went back + reread the article,Its 5.0 Mustang+ Super Fords magazine,on the shelves now,the may issue.
It says that the even the oil pump only let go because to go past 15 pounds of boost,(which made 710 rwhp)you need to change the balancer,(i forget why ,i think to accomodate the diff blower pulley,)+ the new balancer + the oil pump didn't agree for some reason.So if you were to leave it at 15 lbs of boost + started putting bolt ons instead of more boost ,you could make alot more hp,+ not have the oil pump problem.I would imagine at 710 rwhp that exhaust must be a huge restriction+ would really respond to an aftermarket one.
I'm really anxious to see how much boost it's going to handle + what its going to make for power when they get that oil pump thing straightened out.I'm thinking they will have a follow up article in the next issue.
I went + tried out a manual trans,6cyl stang on sat.+ got a 2012 brochure,+ now they have a boss 302 model out that makes 444 hp,+ has a stronger bottom end with better rods,+ a 7500 rpm redline:eek:
I'm figuring from next yr on the gt's will probably have these new rods in it,if they are not too expensive.
I also read that when they engineered the new 5.0,they built it with the intention of using eco boost on it in the future,thats why they built it so strong to begin with,they also built direct injection capability into the motor already ,for use in the future ,either with or without the eco boost.
Which for those who don't quite know what that means,It means they designed this from the ground up with the intention of eventually evolving into a twin turbo motor:biggrin:,which i would guess is what will replace the blown 5.4 in the gt 500,It just makes sense,The 5.0 running the same blower with the same boost in the article i am talking about ,is making alot more hp then the old 5.4 which has now been around for a while + is now phased out or being phased out of therest of the line up along with the 4.6,+ is due for a change,It makes great sense to change to a proven motor,that makes better power + is lighter + will get better gas mileage + is already being manufactured for their cars + trucks.
I hope they sell a million of these gt's so they will be plentiful + cheap in a few yrs,for modifying + beating purposes,If they do i think 9 second "streetable" street cars will be everywhere in the not too distant future.
I believe it was in that same article too that it says these 5.0 heads,outflow Yates race heads,which are 2 valve heads ,but that is still saying something about the heads on there,imagine after they are worked how they'll flow.
On sat i drove a 6 spd 6cyl,which is much better then the auto 6cyl,feels much stronger,pulls really nice,still had the 273's but you can feel the power much better then the auto.(but i still think a converter + shift kit will make that auto come alive.) The nice thing is the manual trans is 1000 cheaper.
I also drove a gt manual trans + they are impressive,(I had driven one a few months back also)but i had a wimpy salesman with me so i couldn't really wind it up.I am going to go back + try their auto gt which is what i wanted to try out but didn't know they had one until just before i left which was closing time. I want a daily driver,so i'm hoping the auto in the gt is setup to shift a little crisper then the 6 cyl one. This particular dealership actually payed me to try these cars out,they had an on line thing where you get a $10 gas card if you test drive any of the fords,you just print it out on line.:cool:

Forgot to mention the Boss 302 also has ((Forged Pistons)) along with the stronger rods.
And all the new motors (even the v6) have oil squirters to cool the underside of the pistons,a beautiful thing for boosted motors.

Mustang

Cool! Now us a 3.8L...change the procharger to a turbo, lower the costs, make it look more sinister and ...oh wait... :biggrin:

Finally, they made a clip of this Mustang at the track. Headers and a Bassani Exhaust System have also been added. Impressive run!!
YouTube - First 3.7L Mustang in the 12's

my park ave(series 2 3800) runs the same trap speed...50mm turbo, non intercooled, stock motor

the series 2 motors have so much potential but no one bothers since they are all FWD...sad to see it go, puts these new tech dohc motors to shame even after all these years