2011 v6 mustang

WeSS

I gotz 2 sub woofers
I know the camaro had 305 first and they have 426 in the v8 model but it's cheap looking and I agree with motor trend. The total feel is off. seriously this coming from a chevy guy. I like this mustang. 31 mpg, nimble, light, damn good looking, great handling, etc. Wish gm would've had a design team do a retro coupe gn v6 supercharged in the 450 hp range in a light good looking package but what do I know?

YouTube - The New 2011 Mustang V6. 0 to 60 Fast. F to E Slow.

I grew up with the mid 90's Mustang GTs making 215 horsepower or whatever it was. I thought I would never see the day they would make an NA V6 Mustang that would put out over 300 horse. Insane what they are doing with technology these days.

300+ hp and 30+ mpg ... pretty impressive.

Too bad it will lack the v8 sound, thats the ONLY downfall I can see ---

Ford has finally got their sh** together, something I can't say about GM. :mad:

Not the same as the NA v6 referred to in this post but.....
The Wife and I took an ecoboost Linconln MKS, and an ecoboost MKT out for test drives last week. All I can say is holly sh**!!!! Granted it's no GN/TR, but it's darn close, and probably everybit as quick as a stock GN!
All that power and INSTANT (no lag) boost. I believe I read somewhere that they're only pushing 12# of boost, but seems to be plenty.
When I get the downpayment scraped together, one of them will be my new ride.

And an ecoboost Ford Taurus has already been in the 12's with some minor tweaks.

The V6 mustang is a hot driver.
An Ecoboost version would be amazing.

GM has the high feature 3.0 twin turbo V6 coming out soon.
That should start making things interesting.
However until they take some weight out of the Camaro, they are in trouble.

Let's see if the Buick Coupe ever happens.
AWD with a TTV6 would be a lot of fun.

new stang

The V6 mustang is a hot driver.
An Ecoboost version would be amazing.

GM has the high feature 3.0 twin turbo V6 coming out soon.
That should start making things interesting.
However until they take some weight out of the Camaro, they are in trouble.

Let's see if the Buick Coupe ever happens.
AWD with a TTV6 would be a lot of fun.

It is just a good looking solid car. The commercial showing the charcoal lightweight, 315 hp with brembo brakes for the next year model. All motor with no troublesome turbos and superchargers and still get 31 mpg. They have a winner right there. The camarslow better go on a diet and get refined to be anything close. It is just appealing to have a nice daily with great gas mileage that can get moving fast and handle too. I want one for sure.

I like the commercial they run for it. Almost made me want to go buy one. Then reality set in that I could not afford one. :mad:

Ford has finally got their sh** together, something I can't say about GM. :mad:

Not the same as the NA v6 referred to in this post but.....
The Wife and I took an ecoboost Linconln MKS, and an ecoboost MKT out for test drives last week. All I can say is holly sh**!!!! Granted it's no GN/TR, but it's darn close, and probably everybit as quick as a stock GN!
All that power and INSTANT (no lag) boost. I believe I read somewhere that they're only pushing 12# of boost, but seems to be plenty.
When I get the downpayment scraped together, one of them will be my new ride.

And an ecoboost Ford Taurus has already been in the 12's with some minor tweaks.
I agree but I just can't get by the grill that looks like teeth:confused:

That grey Mustang in the commercial is bad looking 305hp could be fun with a supercharger! sneaky and quiet too.

I have to say that I haven't been a big fan of the Mustangs, but this new v6 sounds compelling. Good HP and good mileage. Too bad the Camaro is such a fat boy, both in price and weight.

So everybody is bagging on the Camaro because the new Mustang is sooooo much better. :rolleyes:

The only reason there is a new Mustang is because of the Camaro. If it wasn't for the Camaro the Mustang GT would still be sporting all of, what, 315HP? And the base Mustang would still be a complete joke.

So, yea, GM really sucks for building an awesome car that totally raised the bar so high that Ford had no choice but to respond or continue to get its lunch eaten.

So everybody is bagging on the Camaro because the new Mustang is sooooo much better. :rolleyes:

The only reason there is a new Mustang is because of the Camaro. If it wasn't for the Camaro the Mustang GT would still be sporting all of, what, 315HP? And the base Mustang would still be a complete joke.

So, yea, GM really sucks for building an awesome car that totally raised the bar so high that Ford had no choice but to respond or continue to get its lunch eaten.

I'm not defending Ford one bit. However, the mustrag came out first. The mustrag continued in production while the F-body (Camaro) went bye bye. The Mustang right up until recently outsold the Camaro. Personally, I would rather have the Camaro....... I just wish it were 500-600 lbs lighter.

I'm amazed that anyone that has actually had their hands on the "new' Camaro could defend it so strongly.
I personally found it to be an overpriced, ratly, piece of incredibly poorly assembled junk.

Something else amazing.... Ya know how when you close the door on one of our cars (with the window down), how the upper door panel rattles/vibrates?? Same thing on this so called "new" car. :mad:

What car did you drive? :confused:

Mine (1SS) is solid as a rock. No rattles, no quivers, no nothing... it's like driving a bank vault. The only thing that does rattle is the Hurst shifter, but I put that in myself so that's not GM's fault.

My doors close with a satisfying thunk. The windows even go down 1/4" or so when you open the doors so when you close them there is not air trapped in the car inhibiting the door closing properly (then go back up when the door is closed; very cool). That's how tight it is.

Driving one every day, I am extremely impressed by the build quality. And once you get used to the admittedly limited rearward visibility it is a blast to drive... the LS3 is a really nice engine.

So for $32K I get a solid, well built car with 426HP and really nice Brembo brakes... hardly overpriced. If you want to lard one up with a bunch of options, yes you can make it overpriced... but that would be a choice.

And no, I am not a mindless fanboy... I've got cars of all different makes.

I have driven a V6 Camaro 2-3 times.
I am not a huge fan of the dash and the side windows
take a little while to get used to.
However I enjoyed the rest of the car and was shocked
at the attention it received.