Blown 2011 v6 Mustang

427 at almost 6800rpms. 345 ft lbs for a pressurized engine that size seems light to me.

The potential of modern v6's ,even naturally aspirated, is unbelievable! This mustang was even using the stock exhaust system, so there's a lot more where that came from;)

This is very cool, please let us know when you run the car at he track.
The V6 car is going to have a cult following, especially since
It will run with a fox 5.0, but is a better car in every way.
I am still hoping for a factory ecoboost mustang...
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more...

This is very cool, please let us know when you run the car at he track.
The V6 car is going to have a cult following, especially since
It will run with a fox 5.0, but is a better car in every way.
I am still hoping for a factory ecoboost mustang...
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more...
Ecoboost Mustang would be sweet!!Are they talking about making them?

Ecoboost Mustang would be sweet!!Are they talking about making them?

An executive from Ford mentioned the ecoboost technology
would find it's way into the mustang. That could be their turbo 4 too.
I don't have any real good evendence of which way they are leaning.
The 4 would be ok, the 6 would be sick!

Don't sweat it, John. I actually stumbled across that video while on youtube and figured you guys would be interested. I sure wish that was my car though!:D Anyway, I'd also love to see the 3.5 Ecoboost in a Mustang soon. The Taurus SHO is capable of mid 12's and it's almost 1,000 pounds heavier than the Mustang and has AWD, which takes a lot of power to run too.
YouTube - sho-12.563-113.50.MPG

427 at almost 6800rpms. 345 ft lbs for a pressurized engine that size seems light to me.

Light :eek:
Imagine putting all your stock exhaust back on your car,including down pipe etc.+ any other mods,then turning down the boost to 8lbs.what would it make at the wheels,150 hp maybe.Stock the tr made 245 net,so it prob made 200 at the wheels,(i'm guessing)at 15 lbs or so.
This is a bone stock car,with """8 lbs of boost"""",making 427 hp at the wheels,which means its aproaching 500 at the crank,with a super charger kit that prob takes a day to install, + your turning your nose up at it,Man your tough ,give credit where it's due.+ this is just the very 1st unit wait a few months there is more to come i'm sure.
Sure that sounds like super high rpm,+ for a tr it would be, but for a dohc motor it's,par for the course,it's what they do.Rev.
Keep in mind also that, these motors have Forged Cranks,Forged rods, big time reinforced blocks,6 bolt mains,(4 straight + 2 splayed),(This is basically a full blown race engine.)Also All aluminum so very light too,all in a car that looks awesome,handles incredible,stops on a dime + gets 31 mpg highway.All for a little over $20 k AMAZING.
Wait till people start,swapping out the pistons for low compression blower pistons,+ throwing some real boost at them,+ also changing cams,to maximize the 4 valve heads,+ then exhaust to make it all flow.These motors will be making 700+ horses in no time.
I can't wait for sts to come out with one of there twin turbo systems.
There is a beatiful bright red, almost orange one that was on craigs list a while back with about 2500 miles on it for $19900 + i was going to go check it out,now after seeing this video i wish i did.Thats the other thing you can walk into any dealership + get one of these,(not yet supercharged of course) for about 20k after discount + not much options.
In prob 2-3 yrs these cars will be everywhere for $12-14k + the gt's for $20ish.
We are now hitting a muscle car era that is dwarfing the 65-71 era.
Check out the stock C6 zo6's running high tens on street tires,+ the 2008 + newer base vettes hitting 11.7 on stock run flat tires,on you tube.
Streetable Modded N/A 2011 stang gt's running tens, it's pretty incredible if you ask me,so is a stock unmodified,6 cylinder mustang running 8 lbs of boost,making 427 hp at the rear wheels,on 91 octane gas. Imagine just a yr or 2 ago trying to do that.I'm in Heaven,Just hope + pray that the green job,green economy,no oil drilling,global warming, liberals don't ruin it all.:biggrin:

Wonder how much it costed to up the power to that much on a V6?

Looks like just the cost of the pro-charger setup,i would guess in the $5k range.

Just googled it + they are $5150 + free shipping + i'll bet if you shop around they can be had under $5k
They claim 475 crank hp on a stock v6 car.:biggrin:

i bet its slow still :cool: having all that centrifical blower power up top is useless if it has nothing down low LOL

i bet its slow still :cool: having all that centrifical blower power up top is useless if it has nothing down low LOL

Havn't driven one yet,but they claim that,because of the twin independant variable camshaft timing,they have excellent low end torque,something the tr's never had,if you remember they were dogs off the line stock, but if you added a looser converter,it put them into their powerbands quicker + made a big diff.
I seriously doubt that that car is slow,if you have a 6 spd your not all that worried about the very low rpms,because a little clutch feathering puts you right in the powerband, + if it were doggie down low in the auto, you get a looser converter +if needed, lower gears.
A smaller high revving motor would prob respond well to the lower gears.
I also remember reading that there is a performance package for the v6 car,that gives you, 323 gears instead of the standard 273's,+ a few other upgrades too.

Embrace all this newfound power,being produced,by the different manufacturers,don't knock it,It's like a gift from the Performance gods.
These are the cars we'll be driving in a few yrs,when they are a few yrs old + they have come down in price.
Some will already have some mods + the market will be oozing with aftermarket perf parts for them.

Impressive, but that is a BIG blower ---

Blowers are not like turbo's.
Turbo's are exhaust driven,which creates lag, "Turbo Lag".
Superchargers are belt driven,so a bigger one may cause an extra hp or so of parasitic loss,but it's not like going up in size on turbo's where all of a sudden you have a dog because of the size of the turbo.
On turbo's when you go up in size ,you have to make up for that extra lag by using a looser converter, but when you buy a supercharger it never says you must use a certain rpm converter, thats because it doesn't cause lag,Ever hear of supercharger lag?you do have to get the revs up more on a centrifugal supercharger to get it into its powerband ,but it's not causing lag beforehand like a turbo.
I'll bet that supercharger also has alot left in it,which means 2 things,
1. At that boost level(8 lbs) it's not working hard at all,which means low heat, which means very efficient + good easy power.
2.If you throw some low compression blower pistons in that motor this blower doesn't have to be upgraded to crank up the boost just change a pulley + make BIG power.
Pro Charger has been doing this for decades now,+ these are high quality ,highly researched systems,They are not just throwing some huge mismatched thing at it + saying ahh ,that s good enough,those little bastards will never know the difference. I used them on fox stangs yrs ago,+ they make power.well this system is making about 170 hp with 8 lbs of boost,+ i'll bet that blower is barely working,blowers have come along way in the last 25 yrs or so,now they come with intercoolers,compressor bypass,fuel system uprages,all in one kit.I'm Stoked.
I'm sure that soon there will be all kinds of systems for these cars,including the twin screw,roots type, etc. If these motors hold together well,+ i think they will,the aftermarket will explode.It'll be like the fox body 5.0 all over again.
Now they just need to put the cars themselves on a diet.They are not extremely heavy ,but Alot heavier then fox's were.

Light :eek:
Imagine putting all your stock exhaust back on your car,including down pipe etc.+ any other mods,then turning down the boost to 8lbs.what would it make at the wheels,150 hp maybe.Stock the tr made 245 net,so it prob made 200 at the wheels,(i'm guessing)at 15 lbs or so.
This is a bone stock car,with """8 lbs of boost"""",making 427 hp at the wheels,which means its aproaching 500 at the crank,with a super charger kit that prob takes a day to install, + your turning your nose up at it,Man your tough ,give credit where it's due.+ this is just the very 1st unit wait a few months there is more to come i'm sure.
Sure that sounds like super high rpm,+ for a tr it would be, but for a dohc motor it's,par for the course,it's what they do.Rev.
Keep in mind also that, these motors have Forged Cranks,Forged rods, big time reinforced blocks,6 bolt mains,(4 straight + 2 splayed),(This is basically a full blown race engine.)Also All aluminum so very light too,all in a car that looks awesome,handles incredible,stops on a dime + gets 31 mpg highway.All for a little over $20 k AMAZING.
Wait till people start,swapping out the pistons for low compression blower pistons,+ throwing some real boost at them,+ also changing cams,to maximize the 4 valve heads,+ then exhaust to make it all flow.These motors will be making 700+ horses in no time.
I can't wait for sts to come out with one of there twin turbo systems.
There is a beatiful bright red, almost orange one that was on craigs list a while back with about 2500 miles on it for $19900 + i was going to go check it out,now after seeing this video i wish i did.Thats the other thing you can walk into any dealership + get one of these,(not yet supercharged of course) for about 20k after discount + not much options.
In prob 2-3 yrs these cars will be everywhere for $12-14k + the gt's for $20ish.
We are now hitting a muscle car era that is dwarfing the 65-71 era.
Check out the stock C6 zo6's running high tens on street tires,+ the 2008 + newer base vettes hitting 11.7 on stock run flat tires,on you tube.
Streetable Modded N/A 2011 stang gt's running tens, it's pretty incredible if you ask me,so is a stock unmodified,6 cylinder mustang running 8 lbs of boost,making 427 hp at the rear wheels,on 91 octane gas. Imagine just a yr or 2 ago trying to do that.I'm in Heaven,Just hope + pray that the green job,green economy,no oil drilling,global warming, liberals don't ruin it all.:biggrin:

NOT the horsepower! 427hp was very impressive. I am surprised by the 345 ft-lbs of torque. I would expect at least 400.

With a better flowing exhaust system,headers, and more tuning, I think this Mustang could make close to 400 lb.-ft. of torque. Remember this Mustang is almost stock. I'm sure the aftermarket will have more support for the v6's soon due to their obvious performance potential, even on motor.

NOT the horsepower! 427hp was very impressive. I am surprised by the 345 ft-lbs of torque. I would expect at least 400.

It does seem a bit strange that it only added 65 ft lb of torque,while it added about 170 hp, I'm guessing that because with the centrifugal making its peak power up high,it wasn't making alot of boost at the motors peak torque rpm,adding only 65 ft lbs, which is a decent amount but seems less impressive because the hp kept climbing into the upper rpm's + created a much more impressive number.I think that because of the high compression they are not spinning this thing too fast,(extra large pulley) so its prob making even less low end boost then usual,but because it revs so high it is still making,great hp.
With a centrifugal because its belt driven, as you spin it faster with a smaller pulley,to make more boost,it not only gives you more boost ,it brings the boost on earlier because now its spinning faster at a lower rpm too,so if this were a low compression motor,the blower could be pullied to start make BIG boost up high,which would also have the added effect of spinning much faster earlier + creating more boost earlier in the rpm ,where peak torque is made.+ the torque numbers i'm sure would be alot higher.
problem is this is a 10.5 compression motor, thats why i think once someone puts blower pistons in these things, + cranks up the boost,its going to be a monster + make more power all thru the rpm range.
But even as that tested car sits,I'll bet tinkering with ehaust, + with bolt ons,+ with tuning, could make those torque #'s ALOT better.Blower cars always respond well to exhaust mods.
Horse power #'s seem to grab people's attention better then tq #'s so they prob focused on that for marketing purposes,+ so they could give numbers on a bone stock car.
Once Ken Belle + all the other positive displacement blowers come out too,they are designed for torque right off idle,It'll be interesting to see how all this ends up in the future,i'm sure we will be seeing them on you tube before long, should be interesting.