Black Air Reviews

TexasT said:
I'd love to see your footage, especially the street stuff, but like you already know, on the interwebs it gets linked back in a hurry.

Find him in youtube that guy has some crazy atreet racing shit..

Here's my take on it.

I haven't attempted creating a movie about GN's or their history myself, therefore, I cannot be a critic of how this was put together.

I've been following these cars since I saw my very first GN on a turnstile at the Chicago Auto Show back in 1987 and attended the GS Nationals for 13 years straight. I enjoyed watching it, even with the Ferrari bits, and think we should all be thankful that someone actually took the time to put something like this together.

If any of you have ever tried to put together a movie for You Tube can attest to how much time it takes (depending on your desired quality level of course). I have put together a few vids that were no more than 5 minutes in length and they each took a several hours to put together. I can't imagine how long it took to get this thing put together and get produced.

Again, we should all be thankful. All this does is make our GN's that much more known and desireable/collectible.

I say good job Andrew! You have made us all very proud to be GN owners with this effort!

I watched it today and liked it. Very cool stuff covered in it. Would be cool to see a second one one made covering the racing aspect, respect it gets and cult following.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Turbo Buick

Got mine video and watched it today.

I personally wouldn't have had it any other way. What touched me were the jobs lost in Michigan on the last day of production. I think this video would be great for the mainstream. I love watching good documentaries and this was done very well.

Thanks for those who participated.

Hearing the guy talk in the bonus footage that all the plants are torn down is very sad. What happened to motor city as a whole is depressing

I just watched it and in joyed it a lot . I have owned mine for five years now and I' m still a noob with the Knowledge and history of these cars. I learned a lot from the vid. I think we should ALL be thankful for the Video and not be so quick to say should of,could of or I would of because YOU didn't ...... Instead Praise Andrew for doing something none of us or anyone else has. I would of loved to see racing just like the rest of y'all but I think the movie is great with out it.

Just my .02

Shaun

"Reaper" said:
I just watched it and in joyed it a lot . I have owned mine for five years now and I' m still a noob with the Knowledge and history of these cars. I learned a lot from the vid. I think we should ALL be thankful for the Video and not be so quick to say should of,could of or I would of because YOU didn't ...... Instead Praise Andrew for doing something none of us or anyone else has. I would of loved to see racing just like the rest of y'all but I think the movie is great with out it.

Just my .02

Shaun

I haven't seen it yet, but I agree some recognition is better then none.

Hats off to Andrew for making this Film, I ordered mine but I have not watched it. It's easy for all of us criticize the movie and I understand that part of it, it’s human nature. Never the less, he actually took his time and efforts to make something about these Awesome cars where any of us hardcore guys couldn't. I hope there is a part two and part three and so on. I am sure he has enough material with him to make the part two already lol! Well, instead of saying well I wish he had more about this or that, I will suggest maybe in the next one I would like to see more on so and so.

I know how hard is to do something like this, it takes money, time, patience and great effort. Once again I thank you Andrew from the bottom of my heart.

Maybe in the future films I would like to see the people whom have dedicated their lives around these awesome cars to get it to the level that it is now. All the back yard Pioneers that came up with things as well as invested their time away from their families and money into figuring out what worked and what did not. We all take things for granted. When we look back at one of first and few most important things we did was the spring cleaning. We were able to use Scan tools and Chip mods and other great tools. We need to appreciate the vendors and pioneers behind it.

People like Mike Licht from Full Throttle, John Spina from Casper’s Electronics, Bob Bailey, Eric Marshall, Ken Mosher, Jay Carter, Kenny D, Mike Booher and so on. I can go on and on with my list and I know you guys have your own list as well. These people have been there and done that, they have made our lives so much easier. I have learned so much from reading up on their posts and calling and asking more questions. I then pass it on to others. When you look at the roots, these are the Pioneers in my book. I know I didn't mention many names but you know who you are and should be proud of what you have done for this community. If the Turbo Buicks ran upper 13's to low 14's out of the box and remained somewhat at the same level today, I don't think we will have this film.
Thanks
Just my $.02
Prasad

WIKEDV6 said:
Hats off to Andrew for making this Film, I ordered mine but I have not watched it. It's easy for all of us criticize the movie and I understand that part of it, it’s human nature. Never the less, he actually took his time and efforts to make something about these Awesome cars where any of us hardcore guys couldn't. I hope there is a part two and part three and so on. I am sure he has enough material with him to make the part two already lol! Well, instead of saying well I wish he had more about this or that, I will suggest maybe in the next one I would like to see more on so and so.

I know how hard is to do something like this, it takes money, time, patience and great effort. Once again I thank you Andrew from the bottom of my heart.

Maybe in the future films I would like to see the people whom have dedicated their lives around these awesome cars to get it to the level that it is now. All the back yard Pioneers that came up with things as well as invested their time away from their families and money into figuring out what worked and what did not. We all take things for granted. When we look back at one of first and few most important things we did was the spring cleaning. We were able to use Scan tools and Chip mods and other great tools. We need to appreciate the vendors and pioneers behind it.

People like Mike Licht from Full Throttle, John Spina from Casper’s Electronics, Bob Bailey, Eric Marshall, Ken Mosher, Jay Carter, Kenny D, Mike Booher and so on. I can go on and on with my list and I know you guys have your own list as well. These people have been there and done that, they have made our lives so much easier. I have learned so much from reading up on their posts and calling and asking more questions. I then pass it on to others. When you look at the roots, these are the Pioneers in my book. I know I didn't mention many names but you know who you are and should be proud of what you have done for this community. If the Turbo Buicks ran upper 13's to low 14's out of the box and remained somewhat at the same level today, I don't think we will have this film.
Thanks
Just my $.02
Prasad

U just say all that cuz it made u famous.. I saw u in the video. Walking arround all bad n shit.. Lol..

WIKEDV6 said:
LMAO ....Man I can even hold a candle up to these guys I mentioned above....I am just a Grand National Junkieee!

Prasad

Yea well just like u look up to those guy, i look up to you, from the 86 gn u help me put togheter to the 87 T u helping me now as well.is coo that we have people like u and the guys u mentioned..

I really liked the style and pace of the movie. It's definitely intended for someone who is already an enthusiast imo. If I wasn't a GN fan I'd have probably been bored. I got a little bored with the guy who keeps his '85 in a bubble but I got a kick out of hearing how they whipped out the plasma cutter for the GNX body mods.

Received my DVD a few days ago but I'm still waiting on the poster...

I got my copy. Didnt like all the ferrari reference, but I loved the history. the guy with the bubble thou, come on now why you take so much time to build her if you let her just sit there. I love to drive mines whenever possible, such a rush when the turbo kicks in. Good movie needs better music selection and why there so feared on the streets still to this day.

Lturbo6 said:
I got my copy. Didnt like all the ferrari reference, but I loved the history. the guy with the bubble thou, come on now why you take so much time to build her if you let her just sit there. I love to drive mines whenever possible, such a rush when the turbo kicks in. Good movie needs better music selection and why there so feared on the streets still to this day.

Is funny how the bubble guy NEVER drives the car,is it really that valueble? Been only a 85 with t-tops? yet the guy who owns the LAST GN built took it out for a spin...

Is funny how the bubble guy NEVER drives the car,is it really that valueble? Been only a 85 with t-tops? yet the guy who owns the LAST GN built took it out for a spin...

Yeah.....I was like......cool, the guy is driving the *LAST GN* and he even gets on it a bit. I thought I heard audible knock, but maybe it was just my ears. :)

And that car in a bubble.......well........I'm all cool with loving your car and stuff (and even building it's own bedroom like the dude with the last GN made), but in a bubble???? Really???!!! That's just way too much for me. I'll bet that guy can't sleep at night because he's so worried about his car.

Just watched it myself. I almost teared up a bit. Not gonna lie, I started looking for another TR as soon as it was over too. haha
Awesome job, Andrew! More T's in part 2!

I liked the movie and appreciate the effort in producing it but I agree with the above comments. A trailer queen GN is the exact opposite of how 99.999% of Turbo Buick owners use their cars. You'd expect something like that in a Corvette documentary :) That and the Ferrrari jabbering is only a small part of the movie and all in all, I'm glad I bought the movie and recommend it to any Turbo Buick fan.

I just finished watching it the whole way through. I thought it was a good effort and the people interviewed helped move the story along. The Ferarri comparisons should have been left out as most stated earlier. I will defend Tony Colucci to an extent. I know him personally and he is very passionate about his '85 GN, but yeah, the bubble is a little extreme.

I applaud Mr. Colvin for taking the "Last GN" out of its bedroom and romping on it. It reminded me of my then new '86 GN breaking the tires loose at the top of 1st gear and then chirping 2nd. Seeing the footage of the Kirban GN show at the airbase brought back a lot of good memories. My car was the black one.:cool:

I had two issues during the bonus footage. Not being able to hear the questions during the Q&A session and washed-out projector screen from the well lit room.