Black Air Reviews

I know this for sure...before the movie...I was foolin' with the idea of painting my car two-tone gloss black/ satin black. Now there is no way I will ever change it from gloss. The movie really makes you feel like you have a special piece of automotive history...and I guess I do.

Now there is no way I will ever change it from gloss. The movie really makes you feel like you have a special piece of automotive history...and I guess I do.

They wouldn't be very special if everybody kept them stock and original. 14 Flat was pretty good for what it was and when it was, but it was the ability to mod it that really made it stand out and stand the test of time and technology. So don't be afraid to mod it. After all, we all know the rest of the car is a pile of $hit anyway. If it weren't for the engine design/layout, they'd all be in the crusher pile by now.

Well, I finally got around to watching it. I thought it was very interesting. I see the need for a second movie to document the whole grass roots movement to mod and race these cars, but I think it was best to document the conception and initial reaction to these. I actually get the Ferarri / Lambo references. Back in the 80's American cars were boring. Sure, the Corvette and F bodies got a little attention, but the exotics were the cars that got all the attention with kids like me and were more heavily showcased in the media. To have a V6 Buick come out of the woodwork and actually produce acceleration times in the same leage as the supercars was something phoenominal.

After watching this I think I may have to put seeing Richard Clark's place on my bucket list. I've always wanted to meet him in person. Back when I was young, I was really into the car audio scene. I wasn't really a muscle car guy, but I had a thing for Buicks since my Dad had a '68 GS 400 4 speed. I remember getting the issue of CA&E with Richard's GN. Not only was I mezmorized with the audio system, but it turned me onto GN's. I would LOVE to sit in that car and hear it if it is still functional.