Black Air Reviews

It's worth purchasing. Saw new images and learnings that I have never found previously. The cinematography is excellent. Yes the documentary storyline is erratic but overall enjoyable to watch and reflect on the beginning of the end of the special cars.

A sequel would be great.

It's worth purchasing. Saw new images and learnings that I have never found previously. The cinematography is excellent. Yes the documentary storyline is erratic but overall enjoyable to watch and reflect on the beginning of the end of the special cars.

A sequel would be great.

There has been talk of a second one more about the race history of the car and why they were so feared at least I got mine autographed I thought that was cool of Andrew to do

I got one. It was a great movie. I have been by the old G plant so many time and it has always sucked to see it turn into a nasty building. Plus my car made it in the movie, very cool.

The dealer guy said His first GN came in with aluminum wheels, GN's came with steel wheels.
What where all the Mustang notch backs doing at ASC?
Didn't like all the slow motion filming,was exsesive.
The guy with the last made GN should cut those tree's down around that room.
Other then that was a cool GN movie.

Only thing that would run with 87 GN was a 944 Turbo Porshe,they ran 13.8's back then.
(nothing a chip,exhuast an filter couldn't fix...)

On a positive note the talk and proposition of a sequel that has focus of the racing and time period mods that were created and used would be well received. It would be cool to revisit how the cars rose up against the 5.0's and Cameros of the time.

Wrong again Bozo. All 84/85 GN's came with aluminum wheels.

my bad, should of mentioned the dealer guy was mentioning a 86-87. fresh on the car carrier, Yep, younger GN's did, an the t-types, Just not the 86-87 GN's,all steel wheels on those,(loose a tenth or two switching out for aluminum,less rotating weight)

I just got the movie and poster today. Late Christmas present from Mrs Coach.
I liked it. I'll agree...the Ferrari bit could have taken a backseat. It's like comparing apples to golf balls.

coach said:
... I'll agree...the Ferrari bit could have taken a backseat. It's like comparing apples to golf balls.

I think that's the point. A Buick will never be compared to its contemporary Ferrari again...but it did then...kinda. I grew up around a gentlemen that had two Ferrari Daytonas, one convertible, and he also enjoyed two turbo Buicks and one turbo ta. I was exposed to turbo Buicks the same way I was to 911 turbos. He had a mark 1 gt40, fi vettes, old benzes, hemi superbird. He held them all in the same regard and was quick to point out all the great things about each. But never a collectible modern Buick next to a collectible Ferrari again.

Having read thru this thread I see several coincidences.....the reference of the Ferrari to the Turbo Buick. Heck that is good company. Also what many of you may not realize is the early GTOs where compared to the Ferrari back in the day and Car & Driver September 1991 cover shot shows the GMC Syclone along size the Ferrari 348.

The Syclone my wife and I owned was that very same Syclone on the cover. Another interesting tidbit I see Porsche is mentioned in several posts...the same supplier that makes our billet adjustable fuel regulator for us also makes 4 versions for most of the Porsche models that were made during that time frame 928s etc....all use Bosch regulators! We even sell them to a company in california that builds performance ones. The difference is we sell the Porsche ones for more money and most Porsche buyers are tuners that do the work rather than the actual customer/owner.

My point? It all makes the world go around....more PR and comparisons is all good...I have seen the movie and its important to realize that its focus was on the beginnings as seen by a outsider who saw how this car took the market by storm even with all its short comings. I spent some time with Andrew few years back when we were down with Don garlits at Garlits place for 3 days doing some filming.

No single DVD is going to satisfy everyones wants/wishes.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Richard Clark approached the car with a vengence and as a massive collector.......I on the other hand approached it from the beginning as a business to expand with our GTO business in never realizing it would stay strong for 25 plus years.

It's not the reference, it's the 5 min of footage that has nothing to do with the GN. That time could of been used to interview the people like you who have carried on the GN long after GM had abandoned it. To people watching that do not have a GN nor have ridden in one, he never showed a full 1/4 mile pass and a time. Could have easily had a killer wheel stand from Cal or Fiscus as a final shot, or a few Cruz blasts...
Don't get me wrong...I loved it and will watch it over and over with friends. Someone should send a copy to Speed Channel

A sequel would be great.

couldn't have said it better myself!!

I liked it!!!
good job to everyone involved in making this documentry!!!

if theres going to be a sequel involving the racing and mods, etc... definetly include the big name guys like buddy ingersol, but should definetly get a mention of guys that have made it easier for the common tuner to go faster. caspers, razors, cal hartline, etc....
I'd also definetly get in some kind of interview with Steve Wood over at http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
He's a personal hero for many of us in the tb world that have gone faster for less $$$

my bad, should of mentioned the dealer guy was mentioning a 86-87. fresh on the car carrier, Yep, younger GN's did, an the t-types, Just not the 86-87 GN's,all steel wheels on those,(loose a tenth or two switching out for aluminum,less rotating weight)
Wrong. The dealer: Paul Castle says the first one he saw at the dealership his family owned was a new 84 GN which did have aluminum wheels.

I just watched Black Air yesterday thought it was good .It brought back memories of when i got mine .I have all those magazines and more ! One thing to remember, if you own one ,watch the movie on a nice day because you will want to go out and put some rubber down , after watching this piece of history. Thanks to all the buick venders,owners, and tech people we have for keeping our dreams and need for speed alive!!!

Wrong. The dealer: Paul Castle says the first one he saw at the dealership his family owned was a new 84 GN which did have aluminum wheels.
The movies based on 86-87's Gn's,Gn's came out earlier then 84 i thought. Anyway, was a good movie to watch once..more if you didn't live the life yourself

I liked it. And liked the bonus footage from Ohio. I will have to pick Dave's brain next time I see him.;)

And I want to thank Andrew for doing this and investing his time and money to make this a reality. Hopefully their will be more segments and people for him to meet up with and maybe chances for pictures or videos for him to use in the next one. Like Dennis said it very well, some will like it some won't. But to me any exposure on Buicks is great to me. :) And hopefully there will be some constructive posting to follow. Hopefully it could be a 2-dvd next time. One interviewing some of the best engine builders, to the tuners, and innovators that came up with great products.

And the second to spot light clubs, race events and car shows. And this would take some time and money to pry make it happen. BTW I hope there are more to follow.

...BTW I hope there are more to follow.

Times a google...I was hoping for at least one good 1/4 mile pass with good audio track to blast and get me through the Winter months. I'll have to settle for crappy audio youtube vids. Please make another with some good and fast passes. Still a great film though.