Bison's TAI legal STREET car.... 686 rwhp 794 lbs. of torque

Those are some pretty sick numbers Brian. :eek:
Shred any exhaust hose making the pulls , or did you guys just wear gas masks ? :biggrin:

Wrong:biggrin:. Weight and adding in 10 gallons of 93 prior to racing. I added in 11.5 gallons of Sunoco 93 at the Sunoco in Wallingford by exit 65 off the WC parkway before i DROVE to Otto's. With a change to a 3" in 2" out compressor cover its THS legal too:tongue:

I would love to see you make the cover change and come THS racing.

Take care, Kip

Id love to test one out. I doubt there would be much gain at the boost levels i was at with the 66 but im sure one of those would spin enough to make more than 24psi. At the current gain per psi of boost it would hit over 800whp@30psi. Im sure backpressure would still be a big problem. Id have to rethink the cam profile and cam timing for that much though. Cylinder pressure is really high right now. Wonder if it would stay together?

I doubt there would be any gain. I think you would need a 71 to compete with your current numbers. The t-netics 66 is definitely getting the job done. Block should hold up. Caps or girdled?

bison's numbers

:

Wonder what it would have made if you went with one of the new billet wheel turbos..:rolleyes: Impressive numbers..:)

Of course it would have made at least another 300 horsepower. :rolleyes:

Next year there will be new turbos made of inobtanium and they will be even better :rolleyes:

Nice numbers out of a little 233 for sure. What size nozzles are you running? M15's? Going to run 3? That is awesome.

Of course it would have made at least another 300 horsepower. :rolleyes:

Next year there will be new turbos made of inobtanium and they will be even better :rolleyes:

Nice numbers out of a little 233 for sure. What size nozzles are you running? M15's? Going to run 3? That is awesome.
10 and a 15. About to be 3 10's.

I doubt there would be any gain. I think you would need a 71 to compete with your current numbers. The t-netics 66 is definitely getting the job done. Block should hold up. Caps or girdled?

Block should hold up but the cam profile and timing is creating big cylinder pressure. Id have to raise the operating range about 300-400 to get it done. Id be having another cam ground before i went to 30psi and still ran the timing i am now. I could go 27-28psi safely with the current combo if the timing was at about 22*. Block is girdled. One of the first RJC girdles ever sold. Got it back in 97. Been on 3 different blocks so far. The block should be good to 800whp with the correct combo. I have a stage 2 debuting soon that will get it done and then some:biggrin:

Bison, who has the baddest 200 car in the country? Can you give me some details on it?

Thanks, Kip
He has a CK full billet trans. I cant recall his name but he now has more than a few sub 9sec passes on it and reportedly 48 sub 9.30 passes on the same trans. He is from GA. Unfortunately he does not post on here.

I would love to see you make the cover change and come THS racing.

Take care, Kip

I might just change turbos if im going to do that :biggrin:It will be a 6768 billet if i do:biggrin:. A couple more psi and i should be gtg.

Those are some pretty sick numbers Brian. :eek:
Shred any exhaust hose making the pulls , or did you guys just wear gas masks ? :biggrin:

Actually all but the last pass was through an old shot Hooker 2.5. I picked up 6or 8hp opening the cap. Engine was hotter on the last pull than all the previous. Going to slap on the RJC 4" most likely.

OK Bison,
We have had a fair share of talks about my 66mm Te45a. Is it even remotely capable of numbers near this 66 you are running? Even if I went with the .85 over my .63? Just wondering. I read this entire thread and holy crap, that baby ought to put it down the track. What were your back pressure readings? What housing are you running?

Thanks
Coach

OK Bison,
We have had a fair share of talks about my 66mm Te45a. Is it even remotely capable of numbers near this 66 you are running? Even if I went with the .85 over my .63? Just wondering. I read this entire thread and holy crap, that baby ought to put it down the track. What were your back pressure readings? What housing are you running?

Thanks
Coach
I didnt get any back pressure readings since i dont have a sensor that will read high enough. But i can assure you that they are really high. Likely over 60psi. If you have the GTQ version with a .85 housing it would make the same power on this engine. They would be nearly identical on the compressor and ex wheel. If its a p trim it will likely hit back pressure way before you get to 600whp. Mine has a .85 housing. Keep in mind this engine was built around squeezing as much as i could out of it with what i had. The CR and cam timing selection is helping a lot here but its creating serious cylinder pressures. The CR increase helps a lot on the exhaust stroke pushing out the high pressure inert gases left in the cylinder after combustion. Advancing the cam closes the ex valve sooner limiting the amount of time for the back pressure to revert back into the intake during overlap as the piston comes up to tdc. A few degrees make a lot of difference here with this ridiculous back pressure.

I am in the middle of making a back pressure gauge set-up. I talked it over with Patrick @ PTE and then came up with a design. First I installed a custom made bung in the throat of the header under the turbo. It is 1/8-27 pipe thread. Next I made a compression fitting out of 304 stainless tubing and attached 12 feet of copper line to it. I am looking for a canister that I can coil the line in and then attach a lid. I will fill the canister with ice during testing to cool the line before it hits the check valve and Auto Meter 100 psi gauge I am getting. You should be able to make a pull on the dyno with the canister laying in the engine compartment and after the run, see the recorded pressure. Squeeze the check valve and start over with more ice. When it is done, you are welcome to try it. I need to find a few more pieces and then time to assemble it.

Coach

IMPRESSIVE :eek: :biggrin:
congrats, 800 rwtq is a beautiful thing, your car must be a blast.

i need me a 66 or 67, a bigger cam and an otto tuning session :cool:

what size injectors are you running, and it's single pump and dual nozzle alky, correct?

IMPRESSIVE :eek: :biggrin:
congrats, 800 rwtq is a beautiful thing, your car must be a blast.

i need me a 66 or 67, a bigger cam and an otto tuning session :cool:

what size injectors are you running, and it's single pump and dual nozzle alky, correct?

(6) 83-85 lb/hr injectors. 2 nozzles. 10gph and 15 gph with a 3.5 bar map. It was a single xp on during the dyno testing. I have 2 xp's in the tank but didnt have the other one hooked up. I wasnt planning on beating the balls off it that day.

I am in the middle of making a back pressure gauge set-up. I talked it over with Patrick @ PTE and then came up with a design. First I installed a custom made bung in the throat of the header under the turbo. It is 1/8-27 pipe thread. Next I made a compression fitting out of 304 stainless tubing and attached 12 feet of copper line to it. I am looking for a canister that I can coil the line in and then attach a lid. I will fill the canister with ice during testing to cool the line before it hits the check valve and Auto Meter 100 psi gauge I am getting. You should be able to make a pull on the dyno with the canister laying in the engine compartment and after the run, see the recorded pressure. Squeeze the check valve and start over with more ice. When it is done, you are welcome to try it. I need to find a few more pieces and then time to assemble it.

Coach
Thanks for the offer. Ill be using a 5 or 6 bar map s oi can get the reading on the dyno readout. Im using 1/8 pipe thread to a copper line also. I dont see the need for an ice canister. It will lose a lot of heat a long traveling up a 12ft tube. By the time it reaches the sensors i doubt it will be hot enough to hurt it.