Bison's TAI legal STREET car.... 686 rwhp 794 lbs. of torque

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Bison brought his car down to Otto's last night and blasted off 686 rwhp and 794 ft. lbs of torque at relatively low boost with a 66 mm turbo. Under 25 PSI in TAI trim.

Otto made quite a few changes to his tune and put down some serious numbers as a result with more left. A LOT more HP then it came in with. Just shy of 700 rwhp.:eek:

Bison can build a pretty dam good motor. That thing was making solid power repeatedly on the dyno pull after pull! Should see some track time very soon.

Attachments

• Bison dyno 013.jpg
    Bison dyno 013.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,392
Made a few changes to the fueling compared to last year. Had the alky come in sooner so it fattened up the transition. Still need to do a few more pulls to nail the timing and fueling on transition. Couldnt get over 24psi on the dyno through 3rd. Likely will hit 26+ on the street from the added loading. Last year the same engine went 114mph in the eighth at 26psi. Ill be making a couple changes to the final drive and adding in a 3rd alky nozzle. Should be good for 700+ if i can get 25psi out of it. From 20-24psi it picked up 25hp/psi. Not too bad for a hyd cammed 233ci engine.

233ci 9.35:1 CR steel rotating assembly/JE piston with all machine work performed by RPE and all assembly by me.
GN1 Full race port but not raised runners or any other trickery.
Autolite 103 tight .030 gap
GN1 intake
1.65 Jesel style T&D
218/224 hyd cam with lift around .550
TH headers
3.5" internal gate dp
T-netics 6680 BB turbo
Precision fm
Dual nozzle alky control with only single xp pump running in tank.

XFI engine management
83 lb/hr injectors

200 4R by me with billet internals and dynotech driveshaft
PTC 9.5" bad ass converter

8.5 rear with ??? gearing

A couple things to be noted are that these same pistons have been in and out of 4 different engines over the last 13 years:eek:. Also the dual nozzle with a 3.5 bar and single in tank xp pump was good to about 680hp before the DC started to get a little screwy up top. Ill have the other pump on in the future and will likely switch to a 3 bar MAP for the PAC instead of the 3.5 so i get more alky pressure. The only internal engine thing i changed was the valve springs. Went to the 26120 conical spring which are proving to be plenty for this application. I never intended on making any more pulls than a couple at 18psi just to get it cleared up. Made about 520whp@17-18psi with the alky off. From there they egged me on and told me to turn it up so i did. Peak torque was over 800 on the second to last pull. It picked up power on every pull. Lets see if GNBRETT can make a full pass in his car without crapping his panties. If he ever gets to actually drive it:rolleyes: I think hes afraid.

Thanks to Otto J for letting me make repeated runs on his dyno and tuning input.

lookin good :eek: BUT there are no rules in TAI except for a 109 block :p

Wrong:biggrin:. Weight and adding in 10 gallons of 93 prior to racing. I added in 11.5 gallons of Sunoco 93 at the Sunoco in Wallingford by exit 65 off the WC parkway before i DROVE to Otto's. With a change to a 3" in 2" out compressor cover its THS legal too:tongue:

Cool! Nice to see another stock stroker getting it done:cool:

Where were the rpms at? Just curious. You ought to try that car out in ths.

Cool! Nice to see another stock stroker getting it done:cool:

Where were the rpms at? Just curious. You ought to try that car out in ths.

It pulled cleanly to 6500. It was really strong around 5500. Shift rpm will be around 6200. Damn compressor cover is not THS legal. I doubt the smaller cover would hurt it much since the backpressure is whats limiting it but a rule is a rule. Need a 6768 with an E cover

Coil pack. Factory coil pack and module

Same here, but a coil pack from an unkown source lol. Good to see a coil pack going past 6K. Seems like a lot of people have nothing good to say about them.

:

Wonder what it would have made if you went with one of the new billet wheel turbos..:rolleyes: Impressive numbers..:)

Id love to test one out. I doubt there would be much gain at the boost levels i was at with the 66 but im sure one of those would spin enough to make more than 24psi. At the current gain per psi of boost it would hit over 800whp@30psi. Im sure backpressure would still be a big problem. Id have to rethink the cam profile and cam timing for that much though. Cylinder pressure is really high right now. Wonder if it would stay together?

Same here, but a coil pack from an unkown source lol. Good to see a coil pack going past 6K. Seems like a lot of people have nothing good to say about them.
Turbo bitt had his to 7000+ several times:eek:. Were going to get some time with that monster hopefully by this fall.