Big Site News, It's Changing! Need Input!

sorry. it was much better before. dont like it at all.

seems like this was a solution to a problem that never existed. now it looks like some generic car forum. its just bla!

before the site was very unique and very easy to navigate thru. now it appears that everything is the same color and you get lost in it.

Walking the old path over and over again is always easier, just give it some time before making such conclusions.

We still need the option to remove certain forums from our view. Before our heads explode...:biggrin:

Walking the old path over and over again is always easier, just give it some time before making such conclusions.
give it some time to do what? is it going to change like a butterfly. it was better before and now everything seems like its in micro-script.

You know what I just thought about. I've been on a couple boards in the past that gave you the option to change between a few different themes. Can you do something like that? Give us the option of this layout, or the old layout? Maybe a third layout, with hot naked chicks instead of the turbo6 emblem, taunting us? mmmmmmmmm =-)

We still need the option to remove certain forums from our view. Before our heads explode...:biggrin:

Did you ever sell the 6776 that you were trying to get rid of a while back? I remember there weren't a lot of biters, and it amazed me.

Please give us a setting the general setting window to opt out of forums like the old way. I hate looking at the new posts only to see political threads and Ebay.
Thread titles should be in bold black and slightly larger font than the author.
Grey background is dead looking, blah.

One thing I'm gonna add. I just tried to subscribe to a thread and it wouldn't pull the thread tools up. There may be an issue there.

One thing I'm gonna add. I just tried to subscribe to a thread and it wouldn't pull the thread tools up. There may be an issue there.

I'll also add that the stickys need to be seperated from the main posts and the search function isn't loading right. I can see the menu drop down but it's behind the first post and blank.

Good Job guys, this has to be the worst job ever, no one realizes just how hard it is to get a new design and software running smooth, trust me this is no small or easy deal, I have seen forums that after a few WEEKS were no in as good a shape as this one is today. My only complaint is that while the main screen looks good it is very hard to follow the threads down with it being so monochromatic. Maybe alternate the threads light and dark or just make the back ground lighter to give some contrast. It is tough on my old eyes. Either way we will adapt and know that some os us understand just how hard this project was and applaud your efforts.
Mike

Everyone needs to read this ^^^

There's a lot more to a message board than the interface you see. There's security concerns due to outdated software, buggy installed mods, database / performance increases with newer software versions.etc.
The older the forum software is, the harder it is to keep updating. **This HAD to be done - it wasn't done on a whim to make the board look "pretty". It was done to preserve the integrity of the database, and to make sure, going forward, that all of the amazing data on this board wasn't lost. Not to mention all of the new feature of this version. (Like to cool Autosave function I noticed while making this post) You can't just slap new versions over old, and after awhile - the basic integrity of the database can get compromised.

I can't imagine the complexity of managing a message board of this size, and I think a little patience, in the light of what the admins are going through, would be more productive than slamming it.

Think it's easy? Just TRY to set up a message board effectively, not top mention one with a massive database and huge amount of active members.

** DISCLAIMER - I have no inside knowledge of the reason or thought process behind the upgrade - the above is my opinion.

Gotta agree Kevin. The biggest advantage I see so far is that TA, GNS, Gbody, and the other banners don't slow the page from loading as much. This is a big plus.:cool: Plus we've got smileys in quick reply.:biggrin:
Charlie I don't know about the other peoples banners but my banner is a GIF image and shouldn't have any effect on peoples load times, it's more like an animated picture...

Like the new look and concept, But if it were me I wouldn't have light grey against another grey back ground.. I would have went with black or something so the light grey stands out..

SW.

Charlie I don't know about the other peoples banners but my banner is a GIF image and shouldn't have any effect on peoples load times, it's more like an animated picture...

SW.

I pulled the notification in my email and your banner took almost a minute to load Scott. TA. Alky, and G body are much worse. It may be the design or the way it is made but there's some high trafic times where I can get a cold drink and it still hasn't loaded. There's something about the way it's made that does it I guess.

i'm relatively new to this site. the old format seemed kinda out-of-date compared to other forums i'm on. i like the new look. i haven't bumped around, yet, to see how it works. but, so far so good!

SW.

Your banner is HUGE as far as banner sizes go - just shy of 2MB. It's all the animation. For people on slow connections, it does take awhile to load.
Great banner though. :)