Big Site News, It's Changing! Need Input!

I remember looking at all the Turbo Buick sites back when I joined here. Out of all of them I chose to spend most of my time on this one because of the color layout. As silly as it sounds I liked how this site looked because of the factory turbo 6 colors used. With that said I welcome a new look...even if it is 'busier'. I think we all will be used to it within a few weeks and won't even look back.

Thanks for all the hard work Shane, Nick, Jay and all others that are helping with the transition.

It is appreciated. :cool:

Can someone give an approximation as to when the archives will be back up and running? I need to research some items and of all days the site changes. Just goes to show how important this site has become for some people so to those designated with the task of re-creating and maintaining the site don't take the criticism of the changes to harshly. Its just hard to appreciate a well oiled machine until it starts to sputter. Hopefully all will be well soon but 1 item to think about.

I really liked and felt it easy with the old version that when logged on at the top right there was a box that had all your info and private message notification out in the open so it was the first thing I saw. Now (Haven't had a PM yet, so could be wrong) I will have to click on the notification tab and let it drop down to let me know if I have a new message. If that is the case I'm sure response times to messages will be longer due to not knowing I had one.

he is great with every one else BUT me.

you'll never finish, you and me are on the same slowass boat

its all good fun and and games.but seriously BEWARE and stand clear:biggrin:

some how i feel like i'll be the slow one on that/this race. specially with your secret suspension mods :mad::mad:

NOT smart enough to keep up :redface: HELP.

Well I've tried to keep you in the loop David. It really aint that hard to follow and I've tried to help all of the members understand what I'm doing with her.:biggrin:

Can we please make the font alittle bigger especially on thread titles. Makes no sense how the author is in big bold black letters and the thread title is in small red letters???

Getting alittle better. Still need an opt out for forums that I don't want to see!
Also would like the logged on indicator light to be bigger. It's too small for my old eyes.

I'm echoing those who would like to cut the time between searches down. If the 45 seconds between could be cut down it would make it a lot easier/less annoying to search things on the board.

the SEARCH absolutley sucks. can we please put that back at the top. it was one of the most useful tools. the search with drop down like the old would be great.
it would also be a good idea to have the option of classic look like alot of other sites have. since this is a drastic change maybe just the classic color option would help out the depressed baby boomers..lol.

Stickies are now separated. Please continue to bitch about other things I havent fixed yet.

the SEARCH absolutley sucks. can we please put that back at the top. it was one of the most useful tools. the search with drop down like the old would be great.
it would also be a good idea to have the option of classic look like alot of other sites have. since this is a drastic change maybe just the classic color option would help out the depressed baby boomers..lol.

How about this? How about you quit bitching about the search until we actually fix it? Shane said earlier in this thread that we're doing something different with the search. Thats why the search function isnt real high on my priority list. We're going to be incorporating a standalone search engine that is tremendously more powerful and flexible than the built in search without adding the overhead the stock search engine adds.

There is no "classic look", its not coming back so you might as well forget about it. If you'd like to donate $1000 to have a "classic" skin developed for VB4, Ill be happy to send you my Paypal address and have it done.

Stickies are now separated. Please continue to bitch about other things I havent fixed yet.

You brought it up among yourself. I would've kept the board off-line until all the major stuff was done. Then you start tweeking the minor stuff.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

For the people that have to have search until Jay gets the new one implemented, use Google.

Put this in Google: site:turbobuick.com <whatever you want to search for>

You can search by date range, etc.

For the people that have to have search until Jay gets the new one implemented, use Google.

Put this in Google: site:turbobuick.com <whatever you want to search for>

You can search by date range, etc.

Good post... I've been doing it for years so I don't have to wait 45 seconds between posts:rolleyes:

Good post... I've been doing it for years so I don't have to wait 45 seconds between posts:rolleyes:

Yep. I think the reason for the 45 second delay was server load - I doubt that will be an issue with the new search Jay is cooking up.

Using Google like that is very powerful.

Yep. I think the reason for the 45 second delay was server load - I doubt that will be an issue with the new search Jay is cooking up.

Using Google like that is very powerful.

Yep, got some cool stuff working!

Will the tapatalk plugin be installed???Thanks,Chris

Soon, working on that plus a TurboBuick.com App:biggrin:

Please tell me you're working on an opt out for forums like we had before.

Hate to complain but,,,

The Quick Nav feature isn't working properly.

When I click on it the whole list of forums drops down, which I'd have to scroll through to again find the forum I've just posted in rather than immediately sending me back to that forums list of threads like before.

I like the drop down, but I seem to recall that before it would only show the other forums if you specifically clicked in the right place. Was easy to get to the bottom and just click on the forum box, and shazaam, back to titles.

Otherwise this new look is pretty cool!

I also miss the ability to scroll through the previous replies being under my reply box while replying for reference when in reply mode. I haven't played with the advanced mode yet though, so maybe I just need a few extra steps to do what was simple before...(?)