Big Site News, It's Changing! Need Input!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
As many of you know we have been discussing updating the site for a while. Time has come:)

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, have to pretty much TOTALLY redesign the site. I never got the original artwork for the header you see above. So we need to replace it...

So I am asking for all your ideas, bring them on. We will need to pick a new header, color scheme, front page layout, forum layout, like I said we can basically start from scratch.

So lets hear the ideas! We need to do this asap as we finally have a person ready to do the work just need directions;) Don't be shy!!!!

TurboBuick.com is home to a lot of people I understand that so I want to try to accommodate everyone as much as possible!!!

If a member is in a dispute or has been less than honest with buying or selling parts can their username be in a different color like the modererators until its settled to your satisfaction. Sometimes parts are posted for sale and its nice to know quickly that there should be caution taken.

Anyway we could have a few more PM's?

And as most members like myself are aging a little.....maybe a darker font that's a little easier on the eyes. :D

Anyway we could have a few more PM's?

And as most members like myself are aging a little.....maybe a darker font that's a little easier on the eyes. :D

More Pms is a good idea.

Other then that, the site aint broke so why fix it? Everything is layed out well and its easy to navigate.

Can I get my (and only mine) user name in silver :biggrin:

More smilies too ;):cool::mad::rolleyes::tongue::eek::D:eek:

I got you on the PM guys, you just got to remember how many members we have and PM's take up quite a bit of server space... I am hoping the new software frees up some load so we can look into that and possibly decreasing the search time...

That really isn't what I am talking about though. I am talking the "LOOK" of the board...

I would like a real time chat feature, especially for the mods and admins.

As many of you know we have been discussing updating the site for a while. Time has come:)

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, have to pretty much TOTALLY redesign the site. I never got the original artwork for the header you see above. So we need to replace it...

So I am asking for all your ideas, bring them on. We will need to pick a new header, color scheme, front page layout, forum layout, like I said we can basically start from scratch.

So lets hear the ideas! We need to do this asap as we finally have a person ready to do the work just need directions;) Don't be shy!!!!

TurboBuick.com is home to a lot of people I understand that so I want to try to accommodate everyone as much as possible!!!

Is there any newer board lay outs that you have seen that you can use for an example? Don't listen to Daily drifter he can't navigate a zipper yet.

Pretty much like the layout the way it is. Maybe just offer more options for display and call the original layout the Classic Display for those of us that don't like change.:smile:

Like already mentioned, more PM space and quicker searches, waiting that 45seconds is a killer.:smile:

Maybe the ability to post more than 5 pictures at once?

Change the Northeast section to the Middle Atlantic section. Think people confuse it with New England section.

Change the New Product Request section to New Products Introduction & Suggestions.

Maybe have a car of the month feature?

Oh yeah, make sure the email notification feature gets fixed.

If a member is in a dispute or has been less than honest with buying or selling parts can their username be in a different color like the modererators until its settled to your satisfaction. Sometimes parts are posted for sale and its nice to know quickly that there should be caution taken.

Stupid idea I guess, the site is perfect. I like the colors and its pretty simple to navigate.

It would be cool to have the Rep feature vbulletin has.
As far as the design layout, I suck at That so no help, sorry lol.

This is just a rough idea I did quick. I think Sgrim is wanting suggestions on the "look" not functionality...which I think is pretty good as is. We do need more smilies though, these are getting old. I've made a few for turbotransam.com

Buick.jpg

Allow searching after something like 10 seconds instead of 45 sec wait.

Allow searching on small words, like GNX, TPS, EGR etc. Last time I tried that it said there were no matches.

Add a current recipes section.

AR15.com has a pretty nice layout with the advertisers as buttons with their logos up top, and quick links to different parts of the site. I also like the ability to have the OP and all of their comments be a different color than the rest of the posts. It makes it easier to find updates from the OP.

Some great ideas.....

Just keep us poor guys running on slow dsl systems in mind. Anything that would slow it down, I would say leave as is.....;)

This is just a rough idea I did quick. I think Sgrim is wanting suggestions on the "look" not functionality...which I think is pretty good as is. We do need more smilies though, these are getting old. I've made a few for turbotransam.com

Buick.jpg

your kidding wright