Bible. Who’s read it?

Chris, find us ONE person who has never heard of Jesus. I am of the firm belief that everyone on this earth will have the opportunity at some time in their life.

all the people who never even get a CHANCE to HEAR the name of Jesus...much less accept Him....
?

It says He will not come back until everyone has had the chance to accept Him!

I accept that there is a higher power. Whatever his or her name is it doesnt really matter cause many people from many walks of life refer to him or her differently.

I just think its absurd for people to truly believe that if one person has a different belief then yours about heaven and earth they will go to hell. Or if they do not go to church or read the bible they cant get into heaven.

So I DO believe in him or her. How you lead ur life and how you treat others will dictate who goes on. Thats what many believe and thankfully they think that way.
The bible is clear on this. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." We have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent(including Christians!). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." This is the ONLY WAY

Most "Christians" set horrible examples and leave nothing to be desire for those who do not believe. I was raised in church and struggled with this. But do not be swayed by them. I challenge you to read the Bible with an open mind. You have absolutely nothing to lose! Forget about all the fanatics and child molesting priests...block them out of your mind and focus on a relationship between you and Him.

So taken literally...without any BS inperpretations.....

all the people who never even get a CHANCE to HEAR the name of Jesus...much less accept Him....

are all going to hell to be burned forever.

Do you believe that?

OK...none of yall even answered the question.

Chris, find us ONE person who has never heard of Jesus. I am of the firm belief that everyone on this earth will have the opportunity at some time in their life.

Sure, there are still tribes that haven't ever heard of Jesus in South America. Its REAL hard to say that EVERYONE on earth WILL hear his name. What if they dont?

It says He will not come back until everyone has had the chance to accept Him!

Do you think that since Jesus died...that everyone else who has died....heard the name of Jesus? So what happens to the ones who didn't? They burning in hell? I am serious...it doesn't make sense to me.

Can you accept Jesus? or do you just realize Jesus accepted you?

I can accept him if I choose. So since Jesus died, the people who have passed away without hearing the name of Jesus....do you think they go to hell?

This is why I have a hard time with religion. Just one of the many things that just dont make sense. It becomes even more absurd when people start blindly supporting a 2000 year old watered down version of the truth...that was butchered beyond recognition by the catholic church for its financial and political gain.

I find better answers on my knees. I read and have read the Bible. That doesn't mean I have to agree with all of it. Men lie. Men wrote the Bible.

I don't mean to butt into this too deeply for fear of turning poeple off as another has with my own thoughts. I've avoided comment previously for the sake of you. But it would seem to me that a little more compassion, looking for the positives, and accepting that All men are inherently flawed upon birth might be a common 'thread' for all to Try considering when engaging in a theological discussion.

I'd like to take a minute to praise some good words from a criticized member that I myself often find dischord with. From that dischord, I often also find myself randomly considering this person and offering a prayer for his discernment as well as safety in his service. I'd like to quote the last of the many wise things I've seen from this poster on the topic. Though there are some other comments I don't care to engage with on this topic, I feel that we should do our best to recognize that which we feel is good as opposed to dwelling on what divides us when speaking together of such a powerful issue.

Sermon over, with apology that My God is one of Love and Forgiveness, and I do my best to try and remember that, though I am but a man, deeply flawed in my own right.

I accept that there is a higher power. Whatever his or her name is it doesnt really matter cause many people from many walks of life refer to him or her differently.

So I DO believe in him or her. How you lead ur life and how you treat others will dictate who goes on. Thats what many believe and thankfully they think that way.

Spiritually, these comments echo my own feelings on the topic at hand.

And I'll leave you to your further discussion at that...... .

Do you think that since Jesus died...that everyone else who has died....heard the name of Jesus? So what happens to the ones who didn't? They burning in hell? I am serious...it doesn't make sense to me.

I am not going to lie and say I know the answer to that question... I have often pondered that question myself.

The way I look at it is, we can't began to know all the answers. God loves us all, so just knowing that eases my mind. I am sure He has it all under control:biggrin: I don't think our human minds could understand a thimble full of Gods knowledge and abilites...

I am not going to lie and say I know the answer to that question... I have often pondered that question myself.

The way I look at it is, we can't began to know all the answers. God loves us all, so just knowing that eases my mind. I am sure He has it all under control:biggrin: I don't think our human minds could understand a thimble full of Gods knowledge and abilites...

x2 Agreed! 1000%

The second death is the lake of fire! Read below on who will be there for an eternity!

Revelation 19:20
Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10
The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:14
Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15
And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

When I was growing up, our family always had devotions after dinner where we read at least one chapter per night, usually more. I don't recall how long it took to finish in its entirety but we did it a few times. Now I just hop around the book. Every time I read it new truths are discovered.

Whether you believe it was conjured by mere mortals or divinely inspired, it's hard to ignore the pertinent teaching within. Everything about daily life, relationships, money, priotities, health, it's all in there. You do well living according to the Good Book.

I don't want to add more to a debate, mostly because I'd end up writing a novel and boring everyone to death. :rolleyes: And as Bison said it doesn't belong here (look how well we listened, lol).

To the people in this thread that are devoted Christians, You can feel it in your gut that Jesus is the only way and Christianity is right. You can sense it and experience it in your everyday daily lives - right?

Those will defend their faith even if there is a pistol to the head or kids head.

So I say to you the People of North Sudan and the billions that live in the foothills of the Himalayas that were raised Islam and Buddhist respectively feel the exact same way you do. They feel it in their guts man, they know they are right and know what is "true".

I just hope there is a place we all can go and have the things we believe in. I hope my Buick is there, and the motor never needs rebuilt.

I, for one, must say that a relationship with Christ is much like eating an orange. If neither of us has ever eaten an orange, and we're discussing how one would taste neither of us would know what we're really talking about. Having eaten an orange, I can tell you how SWEET it is! If you don't have a relationship with Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can't really know that much about it and how wonderful it can be. My 2 cents.

To the people in this thread that are devoted Christians, You can feel it in your gut that Jesus is the only way and Christianity is right. You can sense it and experience it in your everyday daily lives - right?

Those will defend their faith even if there is a pistol to the head or kids head.

So I say to you the People of North Sudan and the billions that live in the foothills of the Himalayas that were raised Islam and Buddhist respectively feel the exact same way you do. They feel it in their guts man, they know they are right and know what is "true".

I just hope there is a place we all can go and have the things we believe in. I hope my Buick is there, and the motor never needs rebuilt.

The "it all leads to the same place theory" "many spokes of the same wheel"
Bible prophecy is the only thing that flies in the face of that.
Our own book say "He will make war with the saints and defeat them."
Rev 13 & Dan 7:25
Not a very promising prospect for us huh? You can see it unfolding the world taking a more and more intolerance of Christianity as the days go by, the heat is going up little by little.
That is just one of the many Prophecies to come and some have been fufilled in our time the reemergence of the nation of Israel in 1967 is another.
just something to think about and incline your ear to.

I grew up Baptist/Christian as a child until well in my teens. I'm agnostic now, but I remember reading maybe halfway through the Bible when I was younger (I'm still young, lol).

Out of curiousity's sake, I've thought about reading it all the way through just to enlighten myself.

There are many good questions here that are really tough to answer. I too have asked some of the questions referring to the lost and those who have never heard of Jesus. One thought I’ve had is of Noah. Eight people walked off the ark and they all worship God for saving their lives. From there until now the world has expanded and people have not brought their children up to know God or Jesus. My question is how patient does God have to be with us? No one knows who will be saved or not and we really should not dwell on it. We should do as Paul says in Acts and boldly speak and spread the word of Jesus Christ so that all will know of him.