Bible. Who’s read it?

Wow, congrats. I must be honest and say I haven't:frown: How long did it take you? Can't think of a better book in the world to read:)

Which version... ;)

Seriously though... I've tried numerous times in the past, but haven't gotten very far. It is on my list of things to do, maybe alittle each night or something!!

K.

I been reading the living bible paraphrased a little every night i think ill halve to read it three times to really understand, very good book,good luck.

Thats great. Congratulations on having the fortitude and commitment to follow through the entire Book. I have, a long time ago, just read and reflect but may do the cover to cover again this year. Jon Hanson

It took me over two years to do. At times I could not put it down and other times I could not get the desire to pick it up. I read the NCV new century version. I’m thinking of reading the King James next. While there are many different versions of the bible they are all basically same.

It took me over two years to do. At times I could not put it down and other times I could not get the desire to pick it up. I read the NCV new century version. I’m thinking of reading the King James next. While there are many different versions of the bible they are all basically same.

I have not read it cover to cover, but will soon.

I have read it 3 times[King James version] it was pounded in my head as a kid soon as i turned 18 i haven't touched it since.:eek:

Wow, congrats. I have tried to, but usually only make it to the geneology in Genesis:frown:. The wife & I have a NIV version of the Bible that is broken down so you can read it in a year. We've done good the past 3 days:D

While there are many different versions of the bible they are all basically same.
Does that mean there are many different GODs? That's what I could never understand about the bible. If it's GODs word shouldn't ALL bibles say the exact same thing?

The truth is, the bible is just a humans interpretation of what he thinks GOD would want everybody to think. If im wrong someone please correct me.

Does that mean there are many different GODs? That's what I could never understand about the bible. If it's GODs word shouldn't ALL bibles say the exact same thing?

The truth is, the bible is just a humans interpretation of what he thinks GOD would want everybody to think. If im wrong someone please correct me.

That is true. I told my mom last christmas God is a grownups imaginary friend her face was like this:eek:

I've mostly just skipped around in the book for about 28 years. I've always just prayed that The Lord would guide me to what I needed, and I believe that he always has. Even though sometimes it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I knew in my heart that he was right. Just over a year ago, I started reading one or more chapters every night, from the beginning. On 1/1/10 I started with Genesis 1:1. I'm now about one third of the way threw the book. Tonight I'll be reading 2 Kings 17. I will admit that parts of The Old Testament can test you. However, I can't count the blessings that he has sent my way while reading it. For those of you reading this, that are on the fence or struggle with the thought of God having a living relationship with you, I ask that you pray for understanding, and read his word. If you do this and mean it from the heart. He will bless you more than you could ever imagine.

Time to go read a chapter before bed.:)

Mike Barnard

I read through it every year, but them again, I am a Pastor - HA HA HA
It has taken me almost four years to preach through the book of Matthew in morning services and Genesis in the evening services.

A valid question.

If I lived hundreds of years ago, I might be at home, speaking, reading, and writing from Old English script. Not just the bible, but any book. The same could be said for Greek or many other languages that are no longer commonly spoken. I don't believe that God changed. I think we did.;)

With respect to the OP, I don't feel that this is the place to get into a discusion about who God is or is not. As I don't want to see this get moved to the political thread section.

Great thread, and great discussion.

Mike Barnard