Best Converter

Report from a customer this weekend comparing the Art Carr to PTC from me

My slip went from 11% to 2.2% using the tci calc.
My mph went from 131 to 139
;)

;)

Good. Ill be buying 3 converters from you before spring:biggrin: .

On my car and the PTC convertor, using the TCI calculator, I see around 2.3% slippage.. If I could only get it down to 1%.....lol

;)

Dusty, do you know what the et's were and 60ft's? This is making it almost impossible for me not to change out my converter.

Thanks

John Plog

Dusty, do you know what the et's were and 60ft's? This is making it almost impossible for me not to change out my converter.

Thanks

John Plog

I can call him for the info but he didn't supply it. His concern was excessive slip which we fixed as shown by his #'s. There will be no sacrifice in low end. Actually these spool as well or better than converters who have higher slip in 3rd gear.

;)

He got back with me. Art Carr averaged 1.50, PTC dropped average to 1.44 and picked up 3 tenths.

In summary... there were no other changes besides converter?

60 foot went from 1.50 to 1.44
mph went from 131 to 139 (for those that can't add :p ... that's 8 mph)
and he picked up .3 seconds in the 1/4?

If my math is correct... around .1 was picked up due to the better 60'.... and the rest was picked up elsewhere during the run.

These converters seem to be really working for these people. Great job.

I want one.

Yes, no other changes. A/C had been in the car for a while but the car hit a wall where it would go no faster. 11% slip was considered great a few years ago. Now it's clear what can be picked up by dropping that even lower.

Ati

Tim Lynch set a new World Recorld in the Outlaw 10.5 class during practice for the Shakedown @ Englishtown with a pass of 6.572 @ 231.28 mph with a 3,050 lbs car! He then ran a 6.54, 6.54, & 6.534 on consecutive runs to win the event! Equipped with ATI's Superglide 3 Transmission—with 46 passes, 10.5" Extreme Duty Converter, and Super Damper!

******Just to let some know******

Yes, Lynch was flying. He's using ATI's tranny with the huge by large input shaft. He kept breaking the standard size input shafts so they made the change this year or late last year. ATI is the only company who makes a converter to fit their input shaft.

All i can say Dusty spec'd me a converter for use with a th400 and gearvendors and it works exactly the way i want it. I can cruise on the highway@2500 without excessive slippage, but the converter will flash to 4000 on the transbrake as soon as the boost comes up about 2secs. I am currently running a 231 with 8.5 compression and a 71GTS turbo with a 4 bolt .81 housing. Dusty worked specially with PTC to match the unit to my application. I can;t get to the track this year but the car feels great. These units rock!

They say about 1hp per 100 hp you put through it. The ratio is only .78 which nets about a 600 rpm drop at 60 mph. The until weighs 45 lbs and clunks hard when coming out of OD, going in its just firm. Thats the way they are designed. The Ptc converter weighs 31 lbs.