Before and after dyno

Jorgy

Newly boosted
T minus an hour and a half before I go In for the e85 conversion. We are going to run a before dyno with my 100 octane setup, switch it all out to an e85 setup, and then re-dyno to see the after. I will keep you posted on the results.

What are you looking to see? With the same boost and timing I'm going to a say your making the same power.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Subscribed
X2 on the EGT's!
If you are still using the narrow band O2 sensor
I Would be interested in those readings also.

Log back pressure before and after if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you looking to see? With the same boost and timing I'm going to a say your making the same power.

I would think he would want to actually tune to the potential of E85 .. otherwise whats the point of the conversion .. I doubt he is just trying to save money on fuel costs

That's why I asked. I would switch to run the same boost and timing I was on 110 for fuel costs. I would also switch to run more boost and timing then 110 and also save on fuel costs. Just wonder what he's going to provide us. What data logging equipment etc he has

Sorry to keep you all waiting. It's been a long morning. The short answer is:

100 octane: 449.4 hp
e85: 471.6 hp

We changed from 60 lb injectors to 80s, went to a wideband 02 and of course a new chip. I have the powerlogger but I don't have the files yet, so I can't answer too many of those questions.

Oh yeah, that's with the exhaust dump open. I have stock exhaust and it sucks 60 hp off the e85 setup!!!

Price of fuel before: $8/gal
Price of fuel now: $2.65/gal

Can't beat that.

Here's my basic setup before the conversion that was on my member intro post:

Precision Turbo 6265
LS-1 MAF
Big Mouth cold air intake
ATR liquid to air intercooler
Walbro 340 fuel pump
60 lb. injectors
3000 rpm stall converter

Also, we did not change the boost at all between setups.

To many unknows, what chip was in the car before, what timing and boost was that chip set at? Was it a wb, sd, or regular chip, what was the air fuels.

We're both runs with the dump open, what was the temp difference between the runs,

Guess the new chip had wb tracking making the tune closer to optimum.

Etc etc etc. .

Yes, I know. I will try to answer all follow up questions immediately after my nap. :-P

Here's my basic setup before the conversion that was on my member intro post:

Precision Turbo 6265
LS-1 MAF
Big Mouth cold air intake
ATR liquid to air intercooler
Walbro 340 fuel pump
60 lb. injectors
3000 rpm stall converter

Also, we did not change the boost at all between setups.

Sounds in line with what I would have figured 10% at the motor is the norm just from the fuel change alone

optimized double that ... all while less than 91 octane pump fuel ... WIN WIN

Just trying to learn here turbo89, your saying just by switching from 110 octane fuel to e85 your going to pick up 10% more power at the motor with no other changes. Humm...

Sorry to keep you all waiting. It's been a long morning. The short answer is:

100 octane: 449.4 hp
e85: 471.6 hp

We changed from 60 lb injectors to 80s, went to a wideband 02 and of course a new chip. I have the powerlogger but I don't have the files yet, so I can't answer too many of those questions.

Oh yeah, that's with the exhaust dump open. I have stock exhaust and it sucks 60 hp off the e85 setup!!!

Price of fuel before: $8/gal
Price of fuel now: $2.65/gal

Can't beat that.

Funny you should mention the open dump .. I compared a ATR setup to a open dump .. it cost me 13 mph in 1/4 .. lesson learned

Just trying to learn here turbo89, your saying just by switching from 110 octane fuel to e85 your going to pick up 10% more power at the motor with no other changes. Humm...

that's what I am saying correct... I am basing this on about 50 different conversions with dyno pulls... it usually yields 10% at the motor just from the fuel change .. it can be more

68 rwhp is the most ive seen .. JUST from the conversion alone ... same boost.. same timing.. same EXACT setup.. just fuel change.