Bates Nut Farm car show 7 June 2015

Thanks Reggie, i had seen that and was thinking the same thing. Hopefully i can get my dash back together before the trip.

One week to go and honestly, I'm getting kinda scared. :eek:
The vendors that support this show, have gone way above and beyond the call of duty this year. As it looks right now, we've got about double the value of raffle prizes we had last year. All good stuff too. It looks like this is going to be the first ever 10K dollar Bates raffle ever. :D
Eric, Nick and I will do our best to blow out this raffle in about an hour's time. I believe that this will be the ultimate, Turbo Buick raffle ever.
At least, on this planet.:D

Mike B.

Hopefully somewhere in those prizes is a paint job, two quarter windows, a rear spoiler, and maybe a front bumper rubber trim strip thingy. :LOL:

Oh, and a partridge in a pear tree would be nice too. :wacky:

Just booked my hotel. So I'M IN !

I have seen the list of raffle prizes. Yes! there is a brand new, GN rear spoiler in the lot. ;)

I'll always remember during the second WCN I believe they had a raffle for a fully built 200r4. That was a kick ass prize.

Hopefully somewhere in those prizes is a paint job, two quarter windows, a rear spoiler, and maybe a front bumper rubber trim strip thingy. :LOL:

Oh, and a partridge in a pear tree would be nice too. :wacky:

Just booked my hotel. So I'M IN !
Couldn't get any of the above, but, we were able to get The Partridge Family as our musical guests. :)

Heading down the 101 from Pismo Beach early Saturday morning. 101-210-15- Escondido if anyone will be on the road at that time......

We have some cool activities for the kids this year as well. A TR coloring contest and an inflatable obstacle course!

La Quinta Inn, in Vista,
630 Sycmore Ave
Vista, Ca.92083
760-727-8180
map quest says 20 mi from bates.

Anyone else pumped? Is there anything going on after the show? Cruise?

4-5PM on a Sunday will be hard for many to be a part of. I think the "cruise" should somehow happen before the event.

Short notice, but can we put something together for Saturday night?

A meet at a local food place or watering hole?

I've already put it out there that Lou Czarnota and I will be meeting for dinner in Lake Forest on Saturday night at the Lone Star Steak House. Anyone want to join? I've been known to pitch in a good portion of the bill in the past.............

I hope to see both Nick and Mike there, though I know that set up for the event will come early on Sunday.....

I'm thinking Lou and I could be persuaded to go somewhere else, if volumes of Turbo Buicks will be there......Lake Forest has big ol' wide open streets with very little traffic and a few big, bad Moostangs running around after dark.

Jus' sayin'.

Last edited:
Another item that will be at show-only price is the 3" stainless steel RJC downpipe at $375! These are in limited supply, so it would be wise to place your request ahead of time to assure it will be available for you! :)
I'm interested in a downpipe. How many will you have at the show? Is this the one like the Terry Houston but with a bigger puck?

Ralph,
Can I stop by the house on Saturday and pick up those 6 tables again?:)
I'll have them back on Monday as always.;)

Mike B.

Can we all keep in contact here thru the site/this thread for updates on dinner plans ?

BTW, i'm getting pumped..... each day my SpoolFool fun meter creeps a bit closer to MAX :joyful: