Anyone else have credit card jacked after buying online from GN1 Performance?

Flyin Brian

Ok, I am not accusing anyone here, I am just asking if anyone else has had their credit card number jacked this year that has purchased products online from GN1 performance. I ask this because of the following facts.
Back in April I bought some stuff from GN1 Performance online and in May I got a call from Chase saying that credit card had been jacked. Card was cancelled and I got a new card with a new number. Since then I bought more stuff from GN1 performance and I just got a call from Chase that the new card had been jacked as well. I had only used the new card at a few local stores and GN1 and that was it. GN1 is literally the only common denominator. Again, I am not accusing anyone here, it could be their processing system or any other security compromises in the internet. I am just wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience this year?
Thanks,
Brian

Next time you speak with Chase, ask them when the fraudulent charges were made, were they mail order or was a card swiped?

Once you know how the charges were made, then you can narrow it down.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

It can be "collected" from anywhere. If the hackers are into the system and someone at the company swipes or runs a card, the hackers can get it.

card thief

I would check my own computer make sure you don't have a Trojan or virus someone watching your moves and stealing your information as you use it used your card on line for any other purchases?

GN1 was the only online purchase I made with the new card since I got it in May. The rest of the purchases since May were local swipes at auto store, gas station, etc. Prior to this I have never had a credit card jacked in 20 plus years of using credit cards all over the world, mail order places, and online purchases. I will be installing new virus software on my laptop and checking it out this weekend. Laptop is only 4 months old. Came with Windows 7 and McAfee antivirus. Should be ok but you never know.

When you say you had the card cancelled and got a new account number did you actually get a new account with completely new digits or did you just report it stolen. I used to work for American Express and if you reported it stolen they just changed the last four digits. In order to get full stoppage from fraud and/or auto billers is the completely close the account and reopen a new one with 16 new digits. Now four of the digits will be the same as it's an identifier for the brand of card but the other 12 should change as opposed to the last four.

Alot of people with auto biller problems think that if they report it lost/stolen that will stop them however the routing digits stay the same and therefor the problem continues.

When you say you had the card cancelled and got a new account number did you actually get a new account with completely new digits or did you just report it stolen. I used to work for American Express and if you reported it stolen they just changed the last four digits. In order to get full stoppage from fraud and/or auto billers is the completely close the account and reopen a new one with 16 new digits. Now four of the digits will be the same as it's an identifier for the brand of card but the other 12 should change as opposed to the last four.

Alot of people with auto biller problems think that if they report it lost/stolen that will stop them however the routing digits stay the same and therefor the problem continues.
All but the first 2 numbers on the card changed. I acutally did not report the card stolen. Both times Chase noticied it first and their fraud department called me. The thief will first make a very small charge to test the card. Both times it was like under 10 cents. Then if it works they will make a large charge. First time it was only 46 dollars to some made up sounding place. This time they tried to charge 1500 dollars to American Airlines. In all my life I have never had something like this happen and now it has happened twice in a 3 month period. I am glad the card company caught it both times at least but I wish I knew how it was happening.

They can get your cc numbers a number of ways. AND local gas stations and restaurants are more likely places to get your info stolen. Just because you never had a card compromised doesn't mean it can't happen. I always get a bit nervous when a waiter disappears with your card when you go to pay.

I had card info stolen a few years back with transactions on it in Turkey AND Haiti, thousands of miles apart.

Was your transaction directly with GN1 or thru one of his distributors?

It's too easy to have accounts stolen from any place where they take your card from you, like a restaurant. I had my debit card number stolen from the local 99. Crooks lifted the name & number and created a fake card from a "blank." The only reason it was caught was because the purchases were all within an hour of each other in a city where I've never been in my life. Places like Target, Best Buy, etc. I called the Best Buy where the fraud was committed and learned what was purchased, then searched Ebay for the exact items that were posted for sale within the next day, and bingo, there they were. I alerted Ebay but never found out if they actually caught the bastards... Luckily it was noticed immediately, account cancelled & funds eventually recovered in full. It could have been worse. It's amazing how easy and common this is.

One other thing, when my info was stolen, I was sitting in the bank with some other people who got hit with transactions in the same place. Turns out it had something to do with someone getting account numbers thru the bank.

I had my Chase card jacked also.....but it was not with GN1 Performance....it was from a purchase from Bud's Gun Shop in Kentucky....lucky for me Chase called and let us know this dirty deed was done....since then we've been issued two new cards. Chase seems to keep a good eye on it's customers. We were not even aware of this happening.

I let Bud's Gun Shop know this, as they had already issued a warning to it's customers before hand that credit cards with them have been jacked......

Not safe anymore anywhere....

Bruce '87 GRand National

The only time my card ever got "jacked" was at a local Target store. I check my card(s) activity online several times a week and caught it before major damage was done...

The only time my card ever got "jacked" was at a local Target store. I check my card(s) activity online several times a week and caught it before major damage was done...

I had mine jacked at Home Depot by a guy with a cell phone camera.

They can get your cc numbers a number of ways. AND local gas stations and restaurants are more likely places to get your info stolen. Just because you never had a card compromised doesn't mean it can't happen. I always get a bit nervous when a waiter disappears with your card when you go to pay.

I had card info stolen a few years back with transactions on it in Turkey AND Haiti, thousands of miles apart.

Was your transaction directly with GN1 or thru one of his distributors?

Transaction was direct with GN1 on their website.
I have my replacement card from Chase now. I am only going to use it in a few places and see if it happens again.
I don't have anything to buy from GN1 in the near future as my car budget for the summer is running quite low.

My sister had her number stolen by using it at drive thru windows, like McDonalds. Kids take pictures of the card with cell phones before swiping and the rest is history.

my wifes card was used at an bank atm, at the bank drive thru. the next day someone was making purchases at walmart and gas stations in new jersey. and we live in florida. luckley our bank called asking questions.
we were told they put the skimmer thing on the card slot then make a new card and wahla charge away.

i love bretts idea "punch in the mouth" lol f them i hate thieves

good luck

how do u know that? if I seen some dude taking a pic of my card hed get a punch in the mouth

It's speculation on my part

If was a card that I use infrequently and 2 days after I used it it was reported lost. Someone had enough info that they could add themselves to the account, change the address and have new cards sent to that address. Meaning they have to have had the PIN off the back. That's not encoded on the strip so they had physical access to the card. After I thought about I remembered the guy standing behind me fiddling with his cell phone.