Anyone done a manual brake swap with this MC (pic inside)

Boston GN

I've seen pics on one car on this board with this set up and I'm curious if anyone else has done this swap. I had already asked in the thread for the detail but the guy never got back to me.
I'm basically looking to see what parts are needed for a complete swap. I'm sick of my leaking PM and have read good things here about a manual swap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

webMC8555_500.jpg

Manual Swap...

I've seen pics on one car on this board with this set up and I'm curious if anyone else has done this swap. I had already asked in the thread for the detail but the guy never got back to me.
I'm basically looking to see what parts are needed for a complete swap. I'm sick of my leaking PM and have read good things here about a manual swap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

webMC8555_500.jpg

I've done the Powermaster to Manual Swap...Not the same MC you posted, but I believe the only difference is the Aluminum housing on the one you posted. I used a machined billet firewall adapter, Wilwood Manual MC, modified the stock pushrod to work with the Wilwood MC. I also upgraded the stock brakes to Wilwood 4 Wheels Disc and added a Hurst Line-Loc...

06-12-08009.jpg

06-12-08010.jpg

Yea. thats exactly what I did.

I used the adapter Jevans used with the master you pictured. I just didn't opt for the polished finish.

The only thing I needed was to cut and thread the Powermaster push rod and Wilwood push rod and put a coupler with lock nuts. I did this to make it adjustable. I also used the stock location of the rod with the master being a 7/8" bore. I also drilled and tapped a hole, in the pedel, and put a bolt in it to give it a 6:1 ratio. However with the 7/8" it was too soft and went to the floor.

The brakes feel soft the pedel has quite a bit of travel. But if you really get on it it stops hard. I did notice that you loose alot of response time of the breaks. So you have to be more aggressive on the pedel if you need to stop quickly.

I have since upgraded to LS breaks front and rear and that helps alot.

However I'm not completely satisfied. I will try more aggressive pads and turn my rotors Hopefully this will increase the performance.

The wilwood and adapter is Nice equipment for sure. It wont dissapoint.

Goodluck HTH.

Joe

I've done the Powermaster to Manual Swap...Not the same MC you posted, but I believe the only difference is the Aluminum housing on the one you posted. I used a machined billet firewall adapter, Wilwood Manual MC, modified the stock pushrod to work with the Wilwood MC. I also upgraded the stock brakes to Wilwood 4 Wheels Disc and added a Hurst Line-Loc...

I plan on that same brake upgrade (4 piston wilwoods for the front). How do you like it?

What exactly did you have to do to the pushrod to get it to work?

Thanks Guys!!!!

I have the exact setup in your picture along with the firewall bracket jevans used. the setup works great for me. I have stock front discs and Wilwood rears.

I have the exact setup in your picture along with the firewall bracket jevans used. the setup works great for me. I have stock front discs and Wilwood rears.

Did you modify the pushrod also? If so, how or what did you do to it.

Thanks

Did you modify the pushrod also? If so, how or what did you do to it.

Thanks

Yes, but it's been a while so I don't remember exactly what I had to do, it wasn't anything difficult. I also change the location where it attaches to the pedal. If I remember right I drilled another hole 1" higher on the pedal. I can look tomorrow when I go to work and let you know for sure if you need to know. I believe the instructions that come with the firewall bracket say to do that.

Yes, but it's been a while so I don't remember exactly what I had to do, it wasn't anything difficult. I also change the location where it attaches to the pedal. If I remember right I drilled another hole 1" higher on the pedal. I can look tomorrow when I go to work and let you know for sure if you need to know. I believe the instructions that come with the firewall bracket say to do that.

No biggie. As long as there's instructions on how/what to modify with the adapter I'll be fine.
Thanks a lot.
This has all been a really big help

Pushrod Modification...

I plan on that same brake upgrade (4 piston wilwoods for the front). How do you like it?

What exactly did you have to do to the pushrod to get it to work?

Thanks Guys!!!!

I used the part of the stock pushrod that bolts to the brake pedal and the part of the pushrod that fits inside the Wilwood MC that's supplied in the kit. I had to thread the stock pushrod to join together with the Wilwood pushrod with a coupler. I also used jamb nuts on each side of the coupler. I maintained the stock brake ratio, it has a firm feel to the brakes. The brakes work fine, definitely a different feel from the Powermaster Unit, but no problems driving on the street...John