Another Member Ripped off!

He must be around because none of the link work anymore

i hope some of you guys copied the pictures
post them up

Yup, he must be logging in under a different screen name and checking this thread. The photobucket site locked just a couple hours after I posted it. The craigslist ad was closed at the same time. Thats just sad. The guy obviously knows he ripped someone off and instead of making it right he continues to hide.

bump means that you are sending it back up to the top of the list of threads. it's a way to keep a thread in the mix

Dear Robert Griffin,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

For all using Pay-Pal, it should be linked to a Credit-card.
When-ever you are sending money, change the FUNDS OPTION to come out of your credit-card, and not your bank account (TO TRY AND HELP AVOID THIS SH*T)
Of-course Pay-Pal will display a message urging against the change, and will tell you dont worry. (your covered) Joke!!!!!
Pay it from your credit card, and get them involved as well. Much better chances with recovery. PAY-PAL AS E-BAY SUCK WHEN IT COMES TO CRAP LIKE THIS

That sucks!

Where is KILLFORPEACEUSMC:confused: I hope I am wrong but it is starting to look like ALL HAT NO CATTLE........

At this point it might be best to just spend 25 bucks and file with small claims court. He dont have a leg to stand on, its obvious he ripped you off. I would hate to see him get away with this.

why waste another $25 ??? He would win BUT will never live to collect it :rolleyes: can't get blood from a stone . I still can't believe nobody knows him :rolleyes: to pay him a visit .

Still nothing! I am waiting to hear from the Feds but it is looking very grim.:frown: Maybe it will come back on him but unfortunately I am out $1050:mad: ! If someone sees this turd, please send him my "regards". Steve, I really hope you can look your wife and kids in the eyes knowing you are a thief and liar. Be a man and step up and do the right thing! Heck I'll even take payments:biggrin: ! Just remember I will be coming to see you, maybe not tomorrow or even this year but I will be coming! So watch your back everyday and remember, Special Ops training is really cool!:wink:

Ok, I have an update but its not what anyone would want to hear.

The GN with all parts sold to others was traded for a tractor to a guy in Iowa that had no clue what was going on. He wanted to dump the GN fast which puzzled those involved but after inspecting the car they went ahead and did the deal.

I learned this because I know the person that was working on getting the car tuned. He asked me if I knew Steve and I immediately asked if he was from Anoka and was met with "yes, he worked for some auto shop up there". I told him everything from this board but since my friend had no idea who Steve was and did not know the shady deals behind this car I wouldnt put it on him to strip it. The new owner of this car shouldnt have to strip it either. Even though Steve dumped the car, people should know he is still the one responsible for returning the money. I figured I would just let everyone know he does not have the car any more. It could have something to do with the fact that if he himself ever needed help with that car he would be met with nothing.

Thanks for the update. You are absolutely right. Steve is responsible for his actions. All I want is my money back. Talk to another guy who emailed me that Steve was buying a gun from him. He is going to need it.

Steve I will be home sooner than you think!

Dear Robert Griffin,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

For all using Pay-Pal, it should be linked to a Credit-card.
When-ever you are sending money, change the FUNDS OPTION to come out of your credit-card, and not your bank account (TO TRY AND HELP AVOID THIS SH*T)
Of-course Pay-Pal will display a message urging against the change, and will tell you dont worry. (your covered) Joke!!!!!
Pay it from your credit card, and get them involved as well. Much better chances with recovery. PAY-PAL AS E-BAY SUCK WHEN IT COMES TO CRAP LIKE THIS

I recieved the same message from Paypal when "MARVIN'S GN" screwed me on a DP. Difference is I payed through a VISA, called them and sent an email copying the thread for backup and magically the money was pulled from Paypal and back into my account.

Thanks for the update. You are absolutely right. Steve is responsible for his actions. All I want is my money back. Talk to another guy who emailed me that Steve was buying a gun from him. He is going to need it.

Steve I will be home sooner than you think!

If there was anything I could do to help you that wouldnt cause me to go to jail I would do so.