Original GM Radiator Hoses...

reggie44

Hello Turbo Buick Regal Enthusiasts:

Just wanted to throw and question out there and I am hoping TurboFish and Richard C. will see this message and chime in with their great knowledge and information ;)

Can anyone confirm if the original upper and lower radiator hoses that came on 1987 Buick Turbo Regals from the factory were date coded with a date coded ink stamp on the hose along with the GM part OR just the part number stamped on them? :confused: Thank you in advance for any information that anyone can provide.

my top hose has a date and code/part# .....cannot read the bottom one....

Thanks...

Thank you for the info...thought they were date coded. I will have to some digging to and try and examine some really original cars up close and check out what the hoses say. :cool:

I could not find any date codes on the hoses I have here. Just a part number and line code. Here's 2 pics of the upper hose. The top hose is the current GM replacement. The bottom hose I believe is an original hose as it has the grooves from the OEM style wire hose clamp even though at some time somebody did have a worm clamp on it. I can take a pic of the motor end that shows this real clearly if you need some more verifacation. The letters VH is the line code and should match that particular block on the build sheet if you have one to use as a reference. I'll try and dig up a lower hose that has the number and code. I have some here but they don't look good enough for pics anyway.

Attachments

• Erics Pix 1343.jpg
    Erics Pix 1343.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 218
  • Erics Pix 1342.jpg
    Erics Pix 1342.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 217
pics

heres some pics of my top hose....hard to see the numbers,but it has 05 15 87 for the date code, then what i think is the part numbers....

some

pics

Attachments

• 0415090903a.jpg
    0415090903a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 202
  • 0415090904a.jpg
    0415090904a.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 201
heres some pics of my top hose....hard to see the numbers,but it has 05 15 87 for the date code, then what i think is the part numbers....

Interesting. I'll check out some of our other cars to see if they have the date codes. Somewhere I have the original from my 86 GN stashed away. I very rarely threw anything out that I took off of it.

Here is a picture of a NOS lower Radiator hose. Was unable to make out the other stamp as it is smudged.

The last picture is of a 800 mile car untouched engine bay. As you can see there are some codes on the radiator hose.

Attachments

• Picture 113.jpg
    Picture 113.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Picture 114.jpg
    Picture 114.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 115.jpg
    Picture 115.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 190
Thank you everyone!

Thank's Eric, Herb and GaryK1970 for your valuable input and as well taking the time to post the great photographs of the NOS and reproduction hoses. Really interesting difference between the reproduction 'Made in Mexico' (at least it's not Made in China! Thank goodness! lol) and the NOS hose markings. I will be headed off to Dennis Kirban's open house this weekend and Dennis has kindly agreed to let me take some detailed pictures of the 700 original mile Grand National they have. So I will take some detailed pictures and check for date codes and report back my findings. I am very curious what the hoses will look like on this car. Keep you posted...

Thanks again everyone. :cool:

Interesting. I'll check out some of our other cars to see if they have the date codes. Somewhere I have the original from my 86 GN stashed away. I very rarely threw anything out that I took off of it.

Ive learned alot about my car this year,ive decided to show it in BG and I'm amazed at how many OEM parts are on this car.....

Is that my Limited...

I should be there this weekend as well. Is this your Limited? I know Reggie owned this car at one time.

Hi Herb,

It will be good to meet you if you are at the open house. PM me with your cell # and I will call you when you are at the show and I will PM you with my number as well. I am leaving tommorrow about 6:00AM...9 hour drive for me, so want to get out early.

Yes, that is my Limited that was once owned by Reggie Jackson. Funny he actually grew up in his younger years not to far from Dennis Kirban! :cool:

Look forward to possibly meeting you on Saturday!

Regards,
Jason

Just to add to this thread..

The hoses were briefly touched on with Richard Clark this past week at Kirbans and he confirmed that they should be date coded. Actually most of the vacuum lines under the hood are date coded as well!

I looked at the hoses I had here.. all had dates on them .. So now they should be worth the BIG $$$$ :p . These cars are goin just like the old muscle cars . Now where did I leave my "date" stamp for some NOS one's :eek: :cool: