Another Member Ripped off!

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
Guys I am sorry for posting this here and feel free to move it if need be. I just wanted everyone to know that this guy is bad news. Many of you know me and I am a stand up member. If you have bought things from me, I made them good even if it meant sending your money back. I have always paid for items that I wanted to buy, I have never bad mouthed anyone on this site.

I agreed to purchase a turbo from 390steve. I sent him $300 as a down payment and the balance of $750 3 days later. Here is the post:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/266852-pt6776-bb-turbo-like-new.html#post2022701

BUYERS BEWARE!! I just robbed for $1050!!! Stephen Petersen would never send me a tracking number or a shipping date. When I put in a dispute with paypal, he still would not provide the information and said he was closing his account. Here is his paypal dispute response:

11/7/2008 06:40 PST - Seller: i am not going to let this foreinger screw with me anymore that is why i am now closing my account after all these years
11/7/2008 06:29 PST - Seller: Enter message buyer is now living in another country and had me ship item to location in US.
11/6/2008 22:15 PST - Buyer: Purchased a turbo from seller. Seller will not answer emails or provide any shipping details such as when it was shipped or a tracking number. Paid 12 days in full.

Here are some of our emails:

Steve,
I do not know why you will not provide the information I requested. I need a tracking number. It is beginning to look like I am not going to get my turbo. Just to let you know I am opening a Dispute with paypal and my bank Friday, if you do not provide a tracking number for my $1050 turbo.

----- Original Message -----
Date: Monday, November 3, 2008 20:14
Subject: Re: PIC
To: "Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A" <robert.c.griffin@us.army.mil>

> hello shiped ups ground
>
> --- On Mon, 11/3/08, Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A < wrote:
>
> From: Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A <
> Subject: Re: PIC
> To: ul_luz98@yahoo.com
> Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 12:28 PM
>
> Steve,
> Please let me know what is going on with my turbo. I just dropped $1000 and I
> would like to know what is going on. Thanks!
>
> Chris
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: STEVE PETERSEN <
> Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 21:17
> Subject: Re: PIC
> To: "Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A"
> <
>
>
> > hello
> > I will ship thursday. I am going to us ups. I did not relize you
> > are in the millitary. THANKS
> >
> > I will toss in the heavy duty accuator for free. because of that.
> >
> > Thanks for the purchase
> > and thanks for your service
> >
> > Steve Petersen
> >
> > --- On Wed, 10/29/08, Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A <>
> > From: Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A <> Subject: Re: PIC
> > To: "STEVE PETERSEN" <> Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 2:51 PM
> >
> > Steve,
> >
> > can I please get a status on the turbo?
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: STEVE PETERSEN <> Date: Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:48
> > Subject: PIC
> > To: robert.c.griffin@us.army.mil
> >
> >
> > > turbo pic
"Thanks for the purchase and thanks for your service ", no thanks for steeling my money!:mad:

seller

Sorry to hear that. I was looking at his trading. looks good. what cant someone in that area check in on him, and ask him what the problem getting the turbo to him. i know someone knows him.

I know some old friends that live in the twin cities that can go by and to a "welfare check" just to see if he's ok :) They like to play with pipes and bats I'm sure they will get along fine with him..............

Yea it is sad! I saved for months to by a BB turbo. I even cut back on my beer!:D I am trying to keep a good attitude about it. I know next time to just by from a vendor.

Did you notice he called me a "Foreigner". WOW! 24 years of Army service with 3 deployments and I am a foreigner? Mmmm.....

I wish I knew his address and that is my fault. I guess I'm just too trusting. Thanks for all the kind words and "offers"! If someone knows him, talk to him and try to convince him to do the right thing.

people on the board.

why dont some of the people that has sold or bought from him post his address.Summary Options From Date
Great guy to trade with
Trade blackmonte (1) October 26th, 2008
Great communications. Product as advertised.
Buyer bluehair (1) July 24th, 2008
GREAT SELLER Very Fast Shipping
Buyer bonar972001 (2) July 14th, 2008
Great Turbo Shipped Fast
Buyer buickrob (3) July 11th, 2008
Good to deal with. Very prompt! Thanks!
Buyer YGETV8 (2) July 11th, 2008
Quick payment, good buyer
Seller TwinyTwin (1) July 10th, 2008
Fast payment, great buyer
Seller bison (21) July 9th, 2008
Fast shipping, turbo as stated, nice and informative emails. Great guy. Thanks
Buyer Bama87GN (1) June 4th, 2007

iTrader 2

Did you notice in 390STEVE's title he has "proud american" listed. :rolleyes: How can you feel "proud" treating someone who SERVES "america" this way? :mad::confused:

I made it a sticky in the parts for sale section.

Was it shipped on this date?

hello shiped ups ground
>
> --- On Mon, 11/3/08, Griffin, Robert C CW3 MIL USA USAREUR 7A < wrote:

BW

Still nothing!! No emails telling me to go jump of a bridge, no pms and NO TURBO!

Boy..... that pisses me off!

I hope you get the turbo... and there is some logical explanation.... but the fact that he closed his account... and said you were out of the country.... !!!! pisses me off!:mad: