Another Junk Chevy Duramax on video...

That old dodge only has a $173.00 fueling plate in it so far?? WOW that's crazy stuff!! I had no idea chevy detuned the dudymax for van use. Is it because that's all the transmission can handle or all the engine can handle in real world fleet use? I would think if it was that weak towing 3500 lbs rich might be better off with a dodge caravan?
So are you saying this fueling plate really doesnt do much??

While we are talking Dodge durabilty,
Hows them automatics doing?

That right he needed to spend over 5grand for an automatic tranny in his last truck!!!!

I guess that says something about power,But even a stock powered dodge eats trannys

Knock on wood, both my dodges have 100% stock transmissions in them & no they are not stock. 0 problems & they get used as trucks. The 48re is worlds better than the old 47re & can take some hp. My 4x4 is also pushing 35" tall tires, only has 3.73 gears & has pulled over 17,000 lbs with ease. How mutch lift does a chevy need to install real tires? No lift needed for a dodge. Granted my dodges don't have the fancy 1962 Plymouth Valiant torsion bar front suspension like the GM's either.

So are you saying this fueling plate really doesnt do much??

While we are talking Dodge durabilty,
Hows them automatics doing?

That right he needed to spend over 5grand for an automatic tranny in his last truck!!!!

I guess that says something about power,But even a stock powered dodge eats trannys

Trust me... Put some power to the stock Ally and it won't hold up either. Done right with billet internals both the 47RE and the Ally run $3,500 and up!!

I have just under 100k on my truck/tranny and so far OK. I don't expect much from it with the Redline turned up though.

Dusty you just said it yourself that a Dmax is not as good as a Cummins you wrote>
"Cummins is a good motor but the Dmax is just as good. If I wanted something to pull a tractor sled with I'd have a 12 valve cummins with a big pump and compound chargers so I wouldn't have to worry about modding a Dmax." IF the Duramax is just as good then why would you WORRY about modifing it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

and I'm not bashing the Dmax just trying to state some facts

and I forgot to mention I was originally going to buy a 1 ton van but after a 1 hour drive to Davidson Chevrolet in Canton Ct They couldn't get the BRAND NEW van to start.....

You guys like putting words in my mouth. Neither of you must have ever been to a truck pull like we have down here. There is an outlaw class, nothing stock about it, mostly all Cummins. Two turbo's, 120# of boost. If I were running that class it would be a cummins...Why.....The OLD style with a manual pump meaning no computerized stuff to work around. I'm sure sooner or later a manual pump will be designed for the Dmax and you'll see them showing up but it's too soon. Now the stock class...not unusal to see 3 of the top 5 with Dmax's with #1 swapping back and forth between Dodge and GM. Plain and simple.... stock and up to 250hp over the factory rating both GM and Dodge are neck and neck. A local has a GMC with 2 boxes stacked and a shift kit and runs 8.90's at 78mph......Faster than any similiar modded Dodge around.

IF I want an all out sled pulling diesel...it's a Cummins due to parts availability. They been around a lot longer so the parts are there.

If I want to hook to my 10,000# trailer and go across country it's Chevy all the way. NO COMPETITION.

You don't want me to dig up some of these pulling videos so you can see how well the Dmax's do. To be honest I don't feel like taking the time since I have work to do. As long as you can make up stories and look ignorant I'll let you go. Ignorance really is bliss

I didn't see anything ignorant about rich's post? He bought a Duramax & it didn't seem to be able to get the job done to his standards. He then purchased a well used 97 Cummins diesel & put a $173.00 part on it & is now 110% satisfied. The sad thing is he had to buy 2 trucks to do the job of 1. If i were Chevy when a customer checks off the trailer tow package on the order form there purchase would include a used Cummins truck.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch this one.... :biggrin: Don't pay any attention to the truck listed in my sig. either... ;)

Looks just like mine :biggrin: , cept mine is a HO 6 speed and 4x4 , and a extra set of rear tires ;)

BW

Attachments

• P0002973[1].jpg
    P0002973[1].jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 221
in my trans shop, i get lots of dodge diesels in with dead automatics, five speeds with input shaft siezed in flywheel & a few with fith gear nut coming loose. no six speed trouble yet. i will state i towed in a one ton dually not too long ago that a front wheel bearing locked up at road speed on the guy! it had 80,000 and had to have the cracked & warped rotors replaced also! ( the brakes on the dodge are crap! :rolleyes: ) i pull with the duramax and having previously owned a cummins, i would never go back! i like the fact i can go through a drive up without shutting it off & starting here in the cold the duramax walks circles around the cummins! it also is nice hooking up a trailer without being overcome by exhaust fumes with the engine running.

that under-pressure guy is in denial, and i would guess his truck in his mind is better than anyone elses, no matter what they drive...

Window Lickers

OTTO I didn't have to spend over 5k on the trans I elected too, all that was broken was the second gear band(how much does that cost?) and the reason that broke was because I was leaning on it while towing a boat. (by the way how many hitches have you bent while towing with your blowtie?)

I elected to add the billet parts to the trans while it was apart so I could turn the wick up on the motor. An allison would have been scrap behind what I was making also, as stated by the trans shop which had a few allisons apart at the time i was there, including one which needed an aftermarket case because it split in two:eek:

As far as Ignorance,,,,,,well you know who you are, maybe you can comment when you have owned one of each.:eek:

Ive never owned a duramax-

If its 0° outside, trucks not plugged in to a electrical outlet, how long does it take for the chevy duramax truck to start putting out heat in the cab with the truck at idle? Or do they have a auto high idle after a certain amount of time?

This morning, i started my dodge at 5:30am, and 15 minutes later, the truck just started to put out some heat.
The side windows were still kinda frosty.

That is one of the things i dont like about my dodge, it takes forever to warm it up when its friggin cold out.

My 99 powerstroke had that high idle in cold weather and would warm up alot faster, but 6 out of 10 times, it wouldnt start when it was cold out anyway!

BW

my Duramax has a high idle as did the 2003 E350 powerstroke I had for about a year.

same here I dont know how anyone could say a dodge is hard to start,,,,I dont think my Cummins even makes a full revolution before its running. as far as the smell someone else posted about my 06 duramax smokes more than my 1997 12v dodge,,,,,probably my injectors many people have had problems with.

that under-pressure guy is in denial, and i would guess his truck in his mind is better than anyone elses, no matter what they drive...[/QUOTE]

I really don't think i'm in denial over anything & there are many trucks better equipped than mine. Show me a better truck stock that i can rely on & i will buy it! I was a die hard chevy truck & gm car guy for many years & it was real hard to make that first dodge purchase. Since that day i have been 100% satisfied & i don't forsee any reason to jump ship. Granted the dodges don't ride like a honda accord but i was buying a truck that can work like a truck.

OTTO I didn't have to spend over 5k on the trans I elected too, all that was broken was the second gear band(how much does that cost?) and the reason that broke was because I was leaning on it while towing a boat. (by the way how many hitches have you bent while towing with your blowtie?)

I elected to add the billet parts to the trans while it was apart so I could turn the wick up on the motor. An allison would have been scrap behind what I was making also, as stated by the trans shop which had a few allisons apart at the time i was there, including one which needed an aftermarket case because it split in two:eek:

As far as Ignorance,,,,,,well you know who you are, maybe you can comment when you have owned one of each.:eek:

My duramax has not had a days problem in 18000 miles and no bent or broken tow hitches:confused:

Carefully match the equipment to the job at hand and you won't end up with bent tow hitches or broken tow balls.

hmm 3000lb bass boat, 2" ball 10,000lb hitch 7000lb reese drop dodge with too much torque and too fun to drive= bent reese drop(hitch ball bent backwards from beating on truck and forgetting trailer is there)

I'm not kidding, I have done that to 2 of these:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ive never owned a duramax-

If its 0° outside, trucks not plugged in to a electrical outlet, how long does it take for the chevy duramax truck to start putting out heat in the cab with the truck at idle? Or do they have a auto high idle after a certain amount of time?

This morning, i started my dodge at 5:30am, and 15 minutes later, the truck just started to put out some heat.
The side windows were still kinda frosty.

That is one of the things i dont like about my dodge, it takes forever to warm it up when its friggin cold out.

My 99 powerstroke had that high idle in cold weather and would warm up alot faster, but 6 out of 10 times, it wouldnt start when it was cold out anyway!

BW

The coldest is has gotten here was 11 degrees last year and I work next to a river so wind chill was in the -'s. It took a couple more seconds for the glow plugs....maybe 12 seconds tops and the Chevy started right up. Sounded like a Cummins for about 5 seconds:wink:

I let it idle about 2-3 minutes before pulling off and had warm air coming from the heater 5 miles down the road. The truck heats up much quicker when not on de-frost. It does not have high idle.

Rich3.8 Sorry the D max van isn't working out like a truck built to pull. I still can't believe your trying to compare a van to a truck. That van is designed for service type work with a diesel for fuel economy and longevity. It won't hold a candle to a truck like a 2500 or 3500 when it comes to towing. I have also bent those junky reese drop hitches...with a 454 Dually.....go buy a good hitch next time:biggrin: