Another Junk Chevy Duramax on video...

UNDER-PRESSURE

..... Member .....
Generic Motors dudy max that can't keep up with an OLD Dodge Cummins. I LOVE my Cummins powered trucks even more after this. :D

The Cummins engine has been around since the Stone Age and there are a lot of parts for it.

The duramax is been around since 01 and the parts are just really coming out for it.

For 07
Duramax 365HP 660tq
Powerjoke twin turbo 350HP 650tq
Cummins 6.7 liters 350HP 650tq

The sad part wasn't the fact that the dudy max could not keep up with a Cummins pulling a larger load, it was that it blew up just trying to maintain highway speeds. Way to go Isuzu, i mean Chevy. 6 cylinders with a turbo is all i need.

You don't think there are any Cummins engines that have blown up.LOL

The Cummins engine is a good engine,but it is not the end all be all.

September 06 Issue Diesel Power

10 trucks
3 Duramax
4 Dodge
3 Ford
Dyno Test 1st place Duramax
1/4 Test 1st place Duramax 2nd Duramax 3rd Duramax
Truck and Trailer 1st place dodge 2nd Duramax
Sled pull 1st place dodge 2nd place dodge 3rd Ford
Fuel economy 1st place Duramax 2nd place Duramax 3rd place Duramax

Overall Winner 02' Chevy Duramax

January 07' Issue Diesel Power

All I will say is on the front cover it says Duramax beats them all.
Overall winner Duramax

Duramax Beats them ALL. Look it up. I know you don't want to hear it or see it with that piece of scrape iron you drive.

They beat them all to the warranty claims department. Those 8 cylinder diesels do put down some #'s but they do not stay together long. FACT. Watch the video, that super truck can't even keep up with a 10 year old dodge. Pretty sad day for GM.

The sad part wasn't the fact that the dudy max could not keep up with a Cummins pulling a larger load, it was that it blew up just trying to maintain highway speeds. Way to go Isuzu, i mean Chevy. 6 cylinders with a turbo is all i need.

cummins, they are decent engines, but the trucks are Junk! not too long ago i pulled my buddies 03 cummins to the dodge dealer too get the second injector pump replaced (81,030 miles) and now after the third transfer pump went! he wants to get a DURAMAX like mine!
my friend with the 6.0 ford is thinkin the same! he is getting the second set of head gaskets replaced (83,250 miles) and the duramax... 124,000 running strong!!! :rolleyes:

Thats one motor the LLY. Beat the LBZ and LB7...look at edmunds test. I'm *pretty* sure the LBZ smoked the others.

Jason

the D max has the smallest conecting rods and weakest internals. The cummins is an actual medium duty aplication. Any engine can have problems. 6.0 powerstrokes are junk most have problems. Ford lost milloins and they have more sevvice bullitens in the history of ford. It is a proven fact that the Cummins has a 500,000 mile overhaul skedual. Cummins first Dmax second and Powerjoke third.

How many Dudy max's over 1 million miles?? Many Cummins have done it. Why do they have a Shakerado web site?? How many extra frame crossmembers are needed to keep glass in your Dudy max? Why is a video required to teach chevy owners how to live with the poor performing Allison automatic? Why couldn't the guy in the video maintain highway speed trying to follow an old man in an old dodge?

cummins is like the small block chevy its been refined over decades. The D maz will be improved if its design and durability there are looking for.

I'll stick with my 7.3. 400K and still strong. If I wanna show someone who's faster i'll break out the Buick.

This guy is bashing on the Duramax so bad he must have gotten his doors blown off by one.

I have an early 2006 Duramax and I think they're great. Owned it for a year and a half now. I have no idea what you mean by shakerado. The truck is quiet and smooth. Exact opposite of the Dodge trucks. Again, I have no idea what this tape for operating your Allison transmission is? It's no more difficult than any other trans. In fact, it has some features that others don't that are just plain awesome. If that is what you consider difficult to operate, BRING ME MORE of those difficult features.

I have a question on the tape. The pictures of the truck, heavy duty trailer, and the U-haul truck on the trailer. This Duramax truck was pulling this while trying to catch the Dodge with a travel trailer and the little Jeep on the back? Or, was the Duramax not towing a thing and trying to keep up? If the Duramax was loaded as presented at the beginning of the tape, I would think he was loaded double what the Dodge was. And the Jerk was crying like a baby because the passenger car passed him up? What a certified capital A hole.

And what was in the U-haul truck?

I think the D max is good but its not a Cummins. The cummins has a long track record and many years as a farm equepment engine before going into a truck. Im not talking about a guy or two who made the 500,000 mile mark, Im talking about thousands and thousands of guys who have the inline 6 and are in the 500 club. Some even have a lot of mods aswell. Chevy and Ford need more time to catch up. Have you ever seen a v8 semi truck? All real trucks that are responsable for moving freight have inline engins.