Another Junk Chevy Duramax on video...

DonWG

You said you have an early 06? Do you have the LLY or the LBZ?

Some of the very first 06' models were LLY.

My truck was down on power when the injectors were not up to par. A hard almost no start when hot is what gave it away. I would have to spend some time behind a Dodge/Cummins before I made a statement on which is better, but I see no need for that at the current time.

As they say, each to their own.

Mine is a 03 LB7

I dont come here very often but a friend brought this post to my attention.

I have to give my opinion as I own 1 of Each of these vehicles.

1997 dodge/Cummins

2006 chevy/Duramax

as far as quality between the 2 trucks I hate to kill the GM Buzz but my vote is the Dodge is better built and DEFINITELY built more for longevity than the chevy(the chevy is a lightweight tin can next to the dodge)

They both serve thier purpose and there is no need for a pissing contest.

another thing is I have been a dodge owner since 1991 with a total of 6 new vehicles,,,,In that time I have only had to go to the dealer for a reapair ONCE.

in the past 7 months I have had the chevy I've recieved more recall notices than I have for all the dodges put together.

1997 dodge/Cummins

2006 chevy/Duramax

as far as quality between the 2 trucks I hate to kill the GM Buzz but my vote is the Dodge is better built and DEFINITELY built more for longevity than the chevy(the chevy is a lightweight tin can next to the dodge)

another thing is I have been a dodge owner since 1991 with a total of 6 new vehicles,,,,In that time I have only had to go to the dealer for a reapair ONCE.

in the past 7 months I have had the chevy I've recieved more recall notices than I have for all the dodges put together.

fly.jpg

Nice way to welcome me OPUS:rolleyes: why dont you go to the kennedy center, I hear they have a new pinball machine:D

OTTO whats this>:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

you driving my dodge

Nice way to welcome me OPUS:rolleyes: why dont you go to the kennedy center, I hear they have a new pinball machine:D

OTTO whats this>:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

you driving my dodge

I never stooped that low.
How about a hot wing:biggrin:

DonWG

You said you have an early 06? Do you have the LLY or the LBZ?

Some of the very first '06 models were LLY.
It's an early '06, a month before the engine upgrade. I knew of the coming engine upgrade, but the financing deal would not have applied if I waited. I used the truck to tow the race car rig to Vegas in '05 and was not disappointed. After working on enough Ford and Dodge trucks at the shop, they weren't even a consideration in my mind.

In the video, was that U-haul truck loaded backwards with the flat end of the cargo box facing the head wind?

hmmmm maybe!!!

wanna race there? you take the duramax and Ill take the cummins....

what do you want, I'll order so it's ready when you get there:eek:

DonWG

You have a great truck!
I think you have the improved cooling and more a advanced computer a well.
I know a guy with an early 06 LLY and he loves it and he is a former Die Hard Ford man.

oh that would be such a mistake,,,,the last thing you need is junk in your yard and still making payments on it,,,,,,,,,oh wait you did that before

oh that would be such a mistake,,,,the last thing you need is junk in your yard and still making payments on it,,,,,,,,,oh wait you did that before

Dick,What are sitting outside in your hot tub on a wireless laptop eating :eek:

1997 dodge/Cummins

2006 chevy/Duramax

On the recalls. My 02 has had 2 recall notices, both for improvements. One for shift calibration and the other for tailgate straps. GM is continually improving and sending notices to improve thier trucks. I haven't had one GM truck that had a recall for a safety or other problem. My injectors are even covered until 200,000 miles to ensure I don't have problems. I'll take these recalls all the time because I always get back a more improved truck. Maybe Dodge doesn't feel the same way:confused:

I have ridden with several friends in Dodges. They rode like a log wagon but they did have the heavy duty front axle which is no doubt overkill for what 99% of the buyers need. I'll gladly take the GM design which is plenty strong enough and rides much better over the Dodge straight axle. I was hesitant at first about the GM diesel line but I love the truck. Even the local diesel mechanic who was a strict Cummins owner now drives a Duramax.

Dusty dont listen to Rich, Hes just sour cause he needs the Dodges torque(and it must be modified) just to be able to move with him in it:biggrin:

On the recalls. My 02 has had 2 recall notices, both for improvements. One for shift calibration and the other for tailgate straps. GM is continually improving and sending notices to improve thier trucks. I haven't had one GM truck that had a recall for a safety or other problem. My injectors are even covered until 200,000 miles to ensure I don't have problems. I'll take these recalls all the time because I always get back a more improved truck. Maybe Dodge doesn't feel the same way:confused: the smiley you choose is called confused,,,I'm not suprised.

Believe me I was a diehard GM owner infact I'm a former GM tech, I have bought 2 chevys new and a gn. Du too a certain turn of events back in 93 I bought a brand new v8 dakota 4X4 and thats when I saw the light, IT WAS MORE OF A TRUCK THAN MY 1990 CHEVY 2500HD 4X4, and it out towed it, since then I havent looked back and have had no complaints. I have been on both sides of the fence and thats why I posted. oh and just so you know the first recall on the chevy was a safety item:rolleyes:

I have ridden with several friends in Dodges. They rode like a log wagon but they did have the heavy duty front axle which is no doubt overkill for what 99% of the buyers need. I'll gladly take the GM design which is plenty strong enough and rides much better over the Dodge straight axle. I was hesitant at first about the GM diesel line but I love the truck. Even the local diesel mechanic who was a strict Cummins owner now drives a Duramax.

as far as the ride,,,,,IT'S A TRUCK if ya want a car buy one.

OTTO::::::where's my fresh clams:p