Another Junk Chevy Duramax on video...

A V8 Diesel makes for a shorter and smoother package. And Isuzu is not a newcomer to diesels.

I'm hearing Cummins is going V8 real soon in the Dodge's.

I have a 02 Dmax and love it. 81,000 trouble free miles, the ride quality blows the dodge's away. You won't see many 500k Chevy's because they only been around for 6 years now. Not many people rack up over 80k mile a year on their pick ups and if they do they obviuosly don't have time to post about it. All diesels have heavy internal parts.

If a 6 cylinder is designed to make the same power as a V8 it's common sense that the rods and pistons need to make more power each so they should be designed to reflect that.:wink:

The inline design is one of the best designs but the V8 is proven to be just as reliable.

I think the D max is good but its not a Cummins. The cummins has a long track record and many years as a farm equepment engine before going into a truck. Im not talking about a guy or two who made the 500,000 mile mark, Im talking about thousands and thousands of guys who have the inline 6 and are in the 500 club. Some even have a lot of mods aswell. Chevy and Ford need more time to catch up. Have you ever seen a v8 semi truck? All real trucks that are responsable for moving freight have inline engins.

Both CAT and Detroit made V8's and were put in many semi's. I've even seen a Detroit V8 with a turbo and a supercharger combined. I believe the Detriots were 2 stroke and the cats were 4 stroke. But they both were before my time.

I like my Dmax. 93,000 miles, just a problem with injectors at 18,000miles, stealer fixed it cost me ZERO.

That video is sad, We tow about 75-80 mph with our 235 HP '98 Ram, getting 14 mpg towing 9000 lbs with the AC on, on that same road.

He's in drive, not OD and still can't keep up.

Not what I would expect.

Dodge is going to Merceded Diesel. The 08' year model trucks are getting a bump in c.i.d.

When they finally do go to Mercedes, watch out. Those is going to be some mean powerfull trucks.

I enjoyed getting the true thoughts of a Dudy max owner in action. Priceless!! I would JUNK both my Cummins trucks if they ever towed like that dudy max. I've towed over 17,000 lbs through mountains & NEVER had my speedo drop like a rock going up hills or has my dodge's given me the feeling i was in an Airliner going down! That is a great quote from a Chevy owner, it should replace the like a rock advertising. Like a crashing airliner!! Todays Chevrolet. Chevy should be ashamed to put something like that on the market.

You are talking about one truck, like I said before you don't think a Dodge has blown up before.

I know a man that has a 98' Dodge and and @16k several of the valve springs and rocker arms broke. The head had to be replaced. It did not cost him anything but they all will give trouble.

I have 112k trouble free miles on my Duramax.

One test and you say you went to court against chevy? Not a little one sided are you:rolleyes: .

Not my test & i didn't go to court againt chevy. NO chance of ever getting me into one of those trucks.

Are there any Duramax owners out there that are unhappy with their Duramax? So far, I have not found anyone at the shop. Everyone that has one gives them thumbs up. And the ones that don't are green with envy and can't wait to get their own.

So what was the result?

Not my test & i didn't go to court againt chevy. NO chance of ever getting me into one of those trucks.

I could only watch about 4 and a half minutes of that video. Maybe U can tell us what the decision in the "lawsuit" was, because anyone can file a lawsuit but winning is another thing. That video from what I saw proves nothing. Are we expected to assume that the Dodge in the video was completely stock? Are we also expected to believe that the Duramax was well maintained and in good operating condition. My buddys 01 duramax had all kinds of bolt on stuff and that truck made crazy power. If u believe the test was impartial then U are not that smart. The driver has an agenda, so the results of his test are obvious.

I could only watch about 4 and a half minutes of that video. Maybe U can tell us what the decision in the "lawsuit" was, because anyone can file a lawsuit but winning is another thing. That video from what I saw proves nothing. Are we expected to assume that the Dodge in the video was completely stock? Are we also expected to believe that the Duramax was well maintained and in good operating condition. My buddys 01 duramax had all kinds of bolt on stuff and that truck made crazy power. If u believe the test was impartial then U are not that smart. The driver has an agenda, so the results of his test are obvious.
Well said. You certainly bring up some very important questions.

I had trouble on my last road trip pulling my 28' enclosed trailer, 3500# car, golf cart and all the other fuel and tools that go in a trailer. I couldn't maintain the 75 mph I usually tow at on the interstate hills, speed would drop off to 55mph or so and struggle. I changed the fuel filter and all was well again. I got some bad diesel at an old truckstop. Had someone taped me towing it would look sad compared to the norm when the truck maintains 70-75 with no down shifting.

I had trouble on my last road trip pulling my 28' enclosed trailer, 3500# car, golf cart and all the other fuel and tools that go in a trailer. I couldn't maintain the 75 mph I usually tow at on the interstate hills, speed would drop off to 55mph or so and struggle. I changed the fuel filter and all was well again. I got some bad diesel at an old truckstop. Had someone taped me towing it would look sad compared to the norm when the truck maintains 70-75 with no down shifting.
Dusty, do you remember the mileage when that occurred?

I noticed on the fellas tape, the odometer is not showing. Does he state what the mileage on the truck is? I wonder how well the maintenance schedule was adhered to on the truck that he's testing?

Judging by some of the things brought up so far, a defense lawyer would have a field day with this guy.

Just a few weeks ago...around 80,000 miles. I had around 9k miles on that fuel filter.

I just happened to have a fuel filter in the truck and was going to change before the trip but decided to go ahead and have the new filter as a spare. I usually carry a spare with me because you never know when you might get bad diesel. This station appeared to be a truck stop at one time but must not see much traffic...once we hit the interstate the new truckstop was just up the road:( When I pulled the filter off it was completely full of rust in the bottom. Makes you wonder what is laying in the bottom of our fuel tanks...diesel is a dirty fuel.

WOW, looks like a lot of mods needed to keep up with a 10+ year old, LOW HP rated Dodge. Am i missing something here?? Just what is Chevy offering? Thank god they have Onstar when your dead on the side of the road.

Not the new ones. Only the LLY's had the overheating problems. Yes, that year, they sucked. But otherwise they are nice. I'm tired of arguing so I'm out.

Jason

There really is no need to argue. Everyone knows the DURAMAX is the benchmark diesel.

To Dusty,If you want to keep your fuel system clean,think about running Biodiesel if you have access to it. I have run B20 in my truck since August of 06' and I love it. You probably will have to have to change your fuel filter a couple of times at first,but after that you will be fine. It has fantatstic lubricity as well.