Another alkycontrol victory

Russ Merritt

First time out with this car, White turbo T, t-tops, steel everything including drums, fresh stock motor with unported heads, 206/206 cam, GT3255E, Alkycontrol single nozzle, ATR dp, RJC pullies, power plate and boost controller, Turbotweak chip, Pats 2800 stall 12" lock-up, on pump gas and alky went 11.49 @ 117.22 on a 1.66 60' on the 2nd pass at a respectable 25# boost. Got excused from racing any longer @ NED without a bar but has an 11.20 in it I'm sure. Superior products from great vendors!! Razor, man what can I say...... Love that kit dude.....

Car is on page 5 of the link below.

WOW, congrats!!! Can't wait to try mine out, after I get the tranny back from full rebuild... :frown:

Damn, Russ. Makes me want to pick up my motor and get the car going... :cool: Very nice times. Converter locked?

Been done since March......Decoratin my livin room... :)

Yes, locked up right off the bat. Car loved it.

Dude! You're something else! Nice looking car with #s to match the looks. I was talking with Tom Fisher last Saturday and he mentioned you were wrapping up a nice project and needed a part quick so you could get to NED.

Yea, they hooked me up with the 3" long GM wheels studs. Gyrhead stocks those now for those interested. Tom and Paul delivered them to me in Woburn where I work on these cars. Super nice guys!!! We'll make sure their GN rips......Toms been workin on it doing the basics, I'm going to build him a trans and when we're done he'll get booted out of NED too......

Indeed, Tom's a real nice guy to do business with. He's really trying to help the Buick community with his product line and service. Woburn's quite a commute for you! I hope the situation there is works out. Getting booted out of NED is a worthy goal :wink:

Looks like I get my chance.......Car will be in BG. :)

Bringin some extra parts and a 60 turbo, maybe sqweak a 10 if we're lucky. :cool:

Update,

Best pass was 11.29 @ 119.69. The car did get over 120mph with a 11.32 @ 120.02.

Ended up only adding the aluminum drums and opening up the exhaust in BG. Ran to well to add the bigger turbo so I left the 3255E on there. Weight was 3530. Thanks again Razor for the best alky kit available and had a blast hangin out with you guys!!

Russ Merritt said:
Update,

Best pass was 11.29 @ 119.69. The car did get over 120mph with a 11.32 @ 120.02.

Ended up only adding the aluminum drums and opening up the exhaust in BG. Ran to well to add the bigger turbo so I left the 3255E on there. Weight was 3530. Thanks again Razor for the best alky kit available and had a blast hangin out with you guys!!

Was the 3530 car only or car and driver?

Both the car and me. The scales were wierd all weekend. All cars were weighing light. I bet this car is a little heavier than 3530 but who knows.

That seems a little light. I would guess most Ts weigh between 3400 and 3450. My TTA weighed right at 3500 with a few gallons of gas in it. The car was 3740 with me in it. My TTA went 114@21lbs with 110 octane with a GT3255. and 18 degrees timing. I am going run 23lbs with 26 degrees with 116 next. Then I will install the Razor kit that is collecting dust right now. :biggrin:

Sweet6 said:
That seems a little light. I would guess most Ts weigh between 3400 and 3450. My TTA weighed right at 3500 with a few gallons of gas in it. The car was 3740 with me in it. My TTA went 114@21lbs with 110 octane with a GT3255. and 18 degrees timing. I am going run 23lbs with 26 degrees with 116 next. Then I will install the Razor kit that is collecting dust right now. :biggrin:

stop posting on here and put the damm alky kit ON !!! :mad: I can't drive a car without it now :eek: :biggrin:

I completely agree. I dont know how I did it before. I didn't even raise the boost yet and the car feels 10 times better then it did. Might be mind over matter but still feels good :)

Grumpy said:
stop posting on here and put the damm alky kit ON !!! :mad: I can't drive a car without it now :eek: :biggrin:

Soon. :) After one track visit with 116 then I will toss it on. I want to see what the car can do on 116. Because once I get the Alky on it is not coming off. :cool:

Sweet6 said:
Soon. :) After one track visit with 116 then I will toss it on. I want to see what the car can do on 116. Because once I get the Alky on it is not coming off. :cool:

hmmmm wonder if 116 will slow it down :confused: :frown:

We will find that out. :) I just wanted to get a base line on 116. I am hoping the cooling effect of the Alky is going to help a lot with the stock IC.

gs nats 2006 great alky service

I went to the nats with the intention of picking up a few upgrades for my 87 turbo t. One of the upgrades I was interested in was an alky kit. I spoke with the guys at alkycontrol and had no hesitations about picking up a kit from them. In fact paid cash for the kit on the spot. What I liked is they took the time to explain the kit, the install, and what to expect from the kit. They even showed me a few cars which had the kit installed on them along with some tricks to clean up some of the lines and stuff. I'm looking forward to getting my kit and starting the install, just waiting for it to arrive. Just want to say thanks to the guys for taking the time to help me out and I'm sure we'll be talking again soon.