1987 Turbo T, Maroon with Limited interior

murphster

I'm selling my Red T. It has Limited interior, bench seat with column shift! I've been working longer hours recently after I changed jobs and don't have as much time to play with it. Plus I want to concentrate more on the white car.

Last time out I went 11.7 at 120+ mph leaving easy on Nittos. And it went 11.0 on a previously on a smaller 61 turbo and a stock location V-4 IC. Last year on the smaller turbo and IC, I went 11.96 on the Nittos and pump gas with the alky off, and 11.75 on BFG Radial T/A street tires with the alky on. Its an easy 10sec car.

The only thing I know of that is wrong with the car is that it has a bad AC compressor. I have one ready to go in that was a brand new delco unit on my white car.

So here's the car:

1987 turbo T, maroon with red interior

Wheels/Suspension/Body:
  • Centerline Convo Pro wheels: 15x8.5 rear 275/60 Nitto drag radials, 15x7 front 235/60 BFG Radial T/As
  • spare set of Convo pros with 28x9 MT ET drag slicks mounted
  • stock front swaybar removed
  • HRpartsNstuff rear swaybar
  • 30 spline Moser axles
  • Eaton posi
  • It has a Moser rear end cover installed. Its the same as the TA cover but says Moser
  • SPC lowering springs from Savitske Classic & Custom
  • boxed stock lower control arms with energy suspension bushings
  • upper bushings and axle bushings replaced wiith energy suspension
  • Bilstein shocks
  • a hooper looper driveshaft loop
  • dual air bags
  • rolled rear fender lips
  • stay down license plate

Interior/Gauges:
  • Limited interior
  • scanmaster mounted above radio
  • boost and knock gauges on pillar
  • water temp and oil pressure gauges below radio
  • MSBC (Exile) electronic boost controller mounted in dash
  • Bob Bailey 2 step
  • Powerlogger with EGT logging
  • LC-1 wideband O2
  • TT 6.1 wideband chip (currently installed)
  • TT 5.7 chip

Engine/Trans/Performance:
  • rebuit .030 over stock engine.
  • 206/206 Comp roller cam and roller lifters
  • Turbonetics CPT66 BB turbo
  • Champion heads and intake
  • TA race headers, mild steel with ceramic coating
  • Cottons FMIC
  • Accufab plenum and 70mm KB throttle body combo
  • RJC power plate
  • 3" DP
  • ATR dual 3” stainless exhaust with Pitbull mufflers
  • external wastegate (Racegate)
  • Alkycontrol dual nozzle alky setup
  • MSBC (Exile) electronic boost controller
  • 60# injectors
  • Walbro 340 "hotwired" fuel pump
  • Big Mouth cold air kit
  • chrome MAF pipe
  • MAF translator with 3” MAF
  • EGT sensor
  • Fbody radiator
  • windshield mount fuel pressure gauge
  • angled metco breather
  • chrome up pipe
  • dual fans
  • vacuum brakes
  • it has a very, very high flow cat converter installed

The car does have a salvage title, but its not because it was stolen, flooded, or anything. Some history and links of the car can be found here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/309141-1987-t-dark-red-metallic.html

The car had a turbo 400 in it but it was pulled recently and replaced with a 200 built for high 10s/low 11s. It has a Pats 3200 converter in it, and its a lockup. Cruising at 65mph I was barely at 2000rpm. Much better than the 3100 rpm I was seeing with the 400 when I wasnt even at 65mph.

The car drives and looks great. I've got a trophy or two with it at the local car shows. This is a clean running car that has just about every upgrade you'd ever need. The front rims and tires are brand spanking new... about 60 miles on them. It has a current NJ inspection good until May 2012.

I'm asking $13k as it is with everything included. There is over $15k in upgraded parts and its still a great looking and riding car.

I'll post up interior and engine pics in another post.

redt_1.jpgredt_2.jpgredt_3.jpgredt_Atco1.jpgredt_Atco2.jpg

This was the interior with the old shifter. I haven't removed the tach yet, but plan on it as its not needed with the 200. The MSBC electronic boost controller is mounted in the dash.

redt_engine.jpgredt_interior.jpg

Based on past experiences.... the car is not considered sold until payment is made. I will hold it for a period of two weeks with a $500 deposit, non-refundable. I live on the Jersey Shore for people wanting to come take a look. Thanks.

I forgot a couple things:

• Line lock
  • HRpartsNstuff poly motor mounts, both sides
  • Caspers Electronics fuel injector harness

Bump for a nice looking car. GLWS

I remember this car, she is beautiful. Here she is last year running a much smaller turbo...

[video=youtube;dtrBLYXG1C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtrBLYXG1C0[/video]

A couple changes made..

- The tach has been removed. I had it in there for the manual shift TH400 and it wasn't needed with the 2004R. The dash looks a lot cleaner now.

- The Bob Bailey 2 step has been removed. It wasn't hooked up and there was no trigger for it hooked up (the transbrake had been used previously as a trigger with the th400 trans).

- The big mouth cold air kit has been replaced with a standard 3" solid MAF pipe that matches the IC pipes and downpipe better. I have run both setups on this car and on my white car and never noticed a difference.

- And, most importantly, the CPT66 turbo has been replaced with a practically brand new Turbonetics 44. This is a large journal 3" in 2" out turbo. The car was laggy with the CPT66 before and even more so with the 200 setup. The car feels a lot better on the street now. I have the boost set to about 20lbs.

New price $12,500.

- The car has longer wheel studs for all four corners. This is safer (and NHRA legal) when using thick wheels like Welds.

- The turbo is a Turbonetics CPTE44BB. Lists for almost $1100 at Cottons. The car could do high 10s on this turbo with the boost turned up. Another reason that I had the CPT66 on previously was that I was also running pump gas with the alky turned off and was going to try to run mid 11s without the alky on regular 93 gas. The turbo itself was a mid/low 10sec turbo.

I'll try to get some more pics up this weekend.

Some pictures from today. It was a little overcast. First up, a couple exterior pictures and one of the engine bay. I have the Nittos on it and I have air in the airbags so they won't rub. With 255/60 BFG TAs that I would run before, I could take all the air out of the airbags and the car would be a lot lower in the rear. The current stance looks very nice though.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 768
  • exterior1.jpg
    exterior1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 765
  • exterior2.jpg
    exterior2.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 763
Some pictures of the ATR exhaust, and under the car from the front and rear.

Attachments

• underneath2.jpg
    underneath2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 761
  • underneath1.jpg
    underneath1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 752
  • underneath3.jpg
    underneath3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 761
  • underneath4.jpg
    underneath4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 758
Pics of the interior.

Attachments

• interior3.jpg
    interior3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 747
  • interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 746
  • interior1.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 752
And lastly, pics of the door jams that people usually want to see.

Attachments

• left_jam2.jpg
    left_jam2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 739
  • right_jam1.jpg
    right_jam1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 745
  • right_jam2.jpg
    right_jam2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 743
  • left_jam1.jpg
    left_jam1.jpg