1987 Grand National, 117k miles, $17,500

Dukesie79

For Sale 1987 Buick Grand National with T-Tops, 117k miles on the body. The car has been restored to like-new. I'm located in Bedford, KY, about 1hr from Louisville, KY and about 1.5hr from Cincinatti, OH.

You can check out pics here...Dukesie79's Grand National Album @ Photobucket.com

There are only a couple of things wrong with it so I'll start by listing them. The A/C compressor is siezed so it doesn't have air. It would need a new compressor, accumulator/drier, orifice tube and a line flush and charge to get working again. I cruise with the T-tops out in summer anyway, so I haven't bothered fixing it. The driver seat has a small worn spot in it but the rest of the interior is great. The hood support shocks are worn out, so they only support the hood when it's hot outside. And the transmission pan gasket leaks a small spot on the ground when sitting. I plan on fixing this in the near future, especially if the car takes some time to sell.

Here is a list of new or upgraded parts on the car:
The engine is a fresh, 1200 mile rebuild of the stock 3.8L V6.
.030-over Speed-Pro moly-coated pistons, stock compression
Comp Cams 206/206 hydraulic roller cam
T&D roller rockers
Comp custom pushrods
Comp beehive high pressure valve springs
Comp double-roller timing chain
Stock iron port-matched heads with oversized valves
4340 forged crank with stock rods
ARP rod and main bolts
ARP head bolts (I also have a set of ARP studs brand new in the box to go with)
TA blueprinted high volume timing cover
BHJ balancer
TE-60 Garrett .63AR turbo freshly rebuilt with 360* thrust bearing upgrade
3.5" LS1 MAF and MAF Translator
50lb/hr Delphi injectors
TurboTweak 5.7 chip for alky
TurboTweak TT340 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
Accufab Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Billet vacuum block
Billet EGR block-off plate
AlkyControl methanol injection kit (less than 2 months old and less than 1/2 gal of alky sprayed through)
3" downpipe
3" ATR Singleshot stainless exhaust
H&R Poly motor mounts
New suspension bushings all around
New ball joints
New body mounts
Eibach 2" lowering springs
Bilstein shocks
Vacuum Brake conversion
Slotted/drilled front rotors
New bumper fillers front and rear
New upper door panels
New carpet
Carbon fiber Autometer boost, oil press, temp gauges
Innovate LC2 wideband O2
EGT
Scanmaster 2.1
JoeP manual boost controller

I'm sure there are more new and upgraded parts but this list is getting pretty long. All in all, this is a super nice, super solid street car. With some traction, I'm sure it could be a low 11 second quarter car if that's your thing. Neither I, nor the previous owner of the car have ever drag raced it. In fact, between us and over the last 6 years, the car has only had about 3000 miles put on it and hasn't seen any rain. Always garage kept and always washed after being driven. You won't find a better, more dependable, more solid car for the money. It has seen some extra miles over the last 25 years, but since it has been restored, it has been babied! I only use Royal Purple oil and Wix filters for changes since after the engine was broken in.

I'm asking $17,500 for the car. Please, serious interests only and no low-ballers. Of course IMs will take priority. Emails to duke9070@bellsouth.net will be answered, but I prefer phone conversations. I will reply to texts as well. My cell is shut off from 7am to 5pm since it doesn't work where I work. Please leave a voicemail and I will check it during work hours periodically. If you are seriously interested and want to talk, I can call you from work during business hours, but I will not give out my work number. My cell is 502-663-2050. Thanks for looking!
--Chris