83 Regal into Turbo

no im just seeing if anything will work. im still in it for the trade. i need your address so i can send you my 301 for your 301 housing and blades. i sent you a pm a while back i dont know if you got it.

[charlief1 Quote:
Originally Posted by mat231v6
sorry for all the dumb questions but will any of these blades work in my 301?
Wow! NEW Performance T3 60 Turbo Compressor Wheel : eBay Motors (item 400055174315 end time Feb-05-10 10:36:36 PST)

Wow! NEW Performance T3 50 Turbo Compressor Wheel : eBay Motors (item 400055174929 end time Feb-05-10 10:39:36 PST)

Sorry but neither one of those are for the 301 turbo Matt. Just wait until Aj send you the swap he's told you he'll do. /QUOTE]

i will

just out of curiosity........

since your real short on parts..... would you prefer to buy a complete 301 conversion turbo? rebuilt with fresh seals and a 86/87 turbine? all that would be needed is to machine the housing like Charlies as I dont need that for my car. I have one all built and finished that i was going to use but I decided not too. I found a new "FOOT" type of compressor housing... MWA HA HA HA.

if your interested........ or if anyone is... theres a 301 conversion ready to go.

A.j.

no im just seeing if anything will work. im still in it for the trade. i need your address so i can send you my 301 for your 301 housing and blades. i sent you a pm a while back i dont know if you got it.

just out of curiosity.......

since your real short on parts..... would you prefer to buy a complete 301 conversion turbo? rebuilt with fresh seals and a 86/87 turbine? all that would be needed is to machine the housing like Charlies as I dont need that for my car. I have one all built and finished that i was going to use but I decided not too. I found a new "FOOT" type of compressor housing... MWA HA HA HA.

if your interested........ or if anyone is... theres a 301 conversion ready to go.

A.j.

Ok, you gotta let me in on this Aj. What other turbo has a "foot" on it? When did you decide not to use the 301 housing?

Ok, you gotta let me in on this Aj. What other turbo has a "foot" on it? When did you decide not to use the 301 housing?

I scored a lot on ebay that was just turbo parts... and lucky for me there was 3 partially complete 301s. So I am packing them up with fresh guts and the good turbines and selling them. I only need 2 for my inital test.

as for the new compressor..... I found me a big ol'rajay that has a 4 bolt 2" foot on the dischage. 90* like the pontiacs... but massive. so imma gonna see if that will work.:eek:

:biggrin:A.j.

I scored a lot on ebay that was just turbo parts... and lucky for me there was 3 partially complete 301s. So I am packing them up with fresh guts and the good turbines and selling them. I only need 2 for my inital test.

as for the new compressor..... I found me a big ol'rajay that has a 4 bolt 2" foot on the dischage. 90* like the pontiacs... but massive. so imma gonna see if that will work.:eek:

:biggrin:A.j.

OOO. I WANNA SEE!:biggrin: Isn't it funny that when you look you never find them and once you got one you seem to fall over them. LOL

Im asking 350.00 for a ready to go unit less cover machining.

A.j.

That seems very reasonable Aj. To think what one of the upgrades for the SFI cars cost new or rebuilt the price is right for sure. Add another $100 to $200 for the mods to the inducer and you're right at the price of a cheap up grade for the SFI cars.

Im asking 350.00 for a ready to go unit less cover machining.

thats out of my price range.:( i will still do the trade my 301 turbo housing for your 301 housing and blades if you still want to do that.

I understand completely Matt. That's why I posted the info about modifying the turbo. It's something most of us can do if you take your time and do some reading. To be perfectly honest if I had everything to do it, I'd do it as a kit with down pipe ect and it would be quite a bit higher. Complete with internal gated down pipe or external and a new up pipe ready to bolt on.

OOO. I WANNA SEE!:biggrin: Isn't it funny that when you look you never find them and once you got one you seem to fall over them. LOL.

I will take the camera home to snap a few secret pics.... I honestly dont think its resonable.... would stick out of the hood like a foot! but yea, I was actually chasing a bunch of Rotomaster turbines and CHRAs but low and behold... 301 units. it seems like everything in the lot was carbon seal related.

That seems very reasonable Aj. To think what one of the upgrades for the SFI cars cost new or rebuilt the price is right for sure. Add another $100 to $200 for the mods to the inducer and you're right at the price of a cheap up grade for the SFI cars.

well I dont figure I will get rich, and well im trying to stay under Shanes radar too... But that covers the parts, balancing, cleaning and assembling.

Most of it is the 100 for an 86/87 hot side and you figure 100 for the 301 cold side. another 100 for parts and balancing.... im not making hardly much.

A.j.

thats out of my price range.:( i will still do the trade my 301 turbo housing for your 301 housing and blades if you still want to do that.

I absolutly understand that Matt, Im just trying to unload some of my inventory.

As for swapping cold sides, I still do Matt, im getting the best of the litter picked out for ya.

I will get you my address stuff asap.

A.j.

I absolutly understand that Matt, Im just trying to unload some of my inventory.

As for swapping cold sides, I still do Matt, im getting the best of the litter picked out for ya.

I will get you my address stuff asap.

A.j.

ok thank you

I will take the camera home to snap a few secret pics.... I honestly dont think its resonable.... would stick out of the hood like a foot! but yea, I was actually chasing a bunch of Rotomaster turbines and CHRAs but low and behold... 301 units. it seems like everything in the lot was carbon seal related.

well I dont figure I will get rich, and well im trying to stay under Shanes radar too... But that covers the parts, balancing, cleaning and assembling.

Most of it is the 100 for an 86/87 hot side and you figure 100 for the 301 cold side. another 100 for parts and balancing.... im not making hardly much.

A.j.

I doubt most of the guys come and visit this forum except for the turbo thread Aj. That and the fact that we're the red headed step children in the family, even though we're older. If you have some one that can duplicate the down pipe I may send it to you to duplicate. One complete unit would be easier to sell after all.

Smokin the Buick

What about exhaust pipe size?? Should I just run a 2 inch with a turbo muffler right out the back of the car ?? There is a pretty small pipe on there now and it is pretty rotted out anyway.. Have MIG so I can pretty much construct my own.. A few other questions to.. What is the differance between a GN block and a standard block ?
Also I can't understand why more people dont jump on the old Buick 215 aluminum V-8 block..You would think that thing would really kick and be super light too.. Does it have something really bad going for it ??

What about exhaust pipe size?? Should I just run a 2 inch with a turbo muffler right out the back of the car ?? There is a pretty small pipe on there now and it is pretty rotted out anyway.. Have MIG so I can pretty much construct my own.. A few other questions to.. What is the differance between a GN block and a standard block ?
Also I can't understand why more people dont jump on the old Buick 215 aluminum V-8 block..You would think that thing would really kick and be super light too.. Does it have something really bad going for it ??

As far as the exhaust are you talking duals or single?If it's a single I'd go as large as you can afford. From what I've read the 3" single is the best flowing for a turbo car unless you want to go bigger, but you need to have the flow to use it.

As far as the 215, look for a Range Rover and you can get a bigger engine and fuel injection as well.:biggrin: Same engine but you have to know how to work on them.:eek:

Smokin the Buick

There is only one downpipe..so when you are talking duals...your just putting in a Y to split them?? I think I would have a hard time getting a 3 inch to go up over the rear axel.....Are you talking about exiting just before the rear wheel ?? would the down pipe have to be made of the big diameter pipe too to get the full benifit.. ?? dumb question...now from what I heard is the exhaust headers have to stay kind of small to get more speed of the exhaust to spin the turbo ?? :smile:

There is only one downpipe..so when you are talking duals...your just putting in a Y to split them?? I think I would have a hard time getting a 3 inch to go up over the rear axel.....Are you talking about exiting just before the rear wheel ?? would the down pipe have to be made of the big diameter pipe too to get the full benifit.. ?? dumb question...now from what I heard is the exhaust headers have to stay kind of small to get more speed of the exhaust to spin the turbo ?? :smile:

There is only one down pipe on a turbo but under the car you can split them. I've got everything to do a 3" down pipe and cat so I'm planning on doing a 3" system all the way back. It has enough room at the axle and behind so it shouldn't be an issue. Do a search for the Pypes system in the general section ahd you'll find a cat back that will help. I'm planning on using a system simular to the RJC 3" cat back but it will be custom designed for the car.

Smokin the Buick

I was talking about making that downpipe a 3 inch too..Would that even fit there.. Seems like to me restricting the gas as soon as it comes out of the turbo would loose hp..
Also I'm not sure what rear gear ration I have in my 83 Regal But I am guessing something like 2.73...Now being the frugal guy that I am...is there a car in the junk yard that would come standard rear of something like a 3.50 that I could swap into my rear.. A long time back I picked up a rear out of a chevy 6 cly stick station wagon and that ratio was up there something like a 3.90 or more..:smile: A posi would be really nice but I think they are as scarce as hens teeth.

I was talking about making that downpipe a 3 inch too..Would that even fit there.. Seems like to me restricting the gas as soon as it comes out of the turbo would loose hp..
Also I'm not sure what rear gear ration I have in my 83 Regal But I am guessing something like 2.73...Now being the frugal guy that I am...is there a car in the junk yard that would come standard rear of something like a 3.50 that I could swap into my rear.. A long time back I picked up a rear out of a chevy 6 cly stick station wagon and that ratio was up there something like a 3.90 or more..:smile: A posi would be really nice but I think they are as scarce as hens teeth.

since it was an NA car, theres probably a good chance it has a 7.5 under it.

if thats the case, an S10 ring and pinion would swap giving you up to a 4.10 rear. Same with the posi, just pull from S10, blazer or camaro.

As for down pipe, the outlet of the wastegate is your limiting factor. if you can fit a 3Inch under your hood then do it! but it wont be easy!

did you get the Invoice Vince?

A.j.

Smokin the Buick

Just saw the invoice and transfered funds to your account. Thanks for the manifold.!! Great info on the S10 Pickup...who would of known...I can pick up them dirt cheap at the local junkyard.:smile:

Well if you want a 3.42 I've got one sitting on my porch right now out of a Camaro. no posi though.