82 Regal Limited with 774 original miles

So blocking it off won`t have any side affects?

yes it will.

if you block the bypass off you need to add atleast 2 1/8" holes to your T-stat.

if you dont, when the T-stat is closed you will cavitate the pump.

and charlie, you know better.... it speeds up warm up and aids in under power cooling. been hitting the bottle again?

A.j.

yes it will.

if you block the bypass off you need to add atleast 2 1/8" holes to your T-stat.

if you dont, when the T-stat is closed you will cavitate the pump.

and charlie, you know better.... it speeds up warm up and aids in under power cooling. been hitting the bottle again?

A.j.

Never had an issue at all with it Aj. But my heater did work and I don't think you're using one are you?

The smaller the better on the holes Jase. To big a hole will not allow the engine to warm up. 1/16" is fine.

The smaller the better on the holes Jase. To big a hole will not allow the engine to warm up. 1/16" is fine.

i think thats too small.

i say min 2 1/8"

your call. id rather have more than not enough. especially if you have no bypass and your T-stat freezes.

A.j.

i think thats too small.

i say min 2 1/8"

your call. id rather have more than not enough. especially if you have no bypass and your T-stat freezes.

A.j.

Tried it on my Yota Aj. Never got warm enough to let the heater work.:mad: I had to go back with a smaller hole so I could stay warm in the truck.:biggrin:

I'd say yeah sometimes! I've never been to Texas but Charlie has sent me a couple pics of an area 15 mins apart and you would't even think it was the same location.

Texas varies greatly. The north east is logging and oil country. The North West is mostly plains but has mountains. The the Rio Grande valley is completely different while the Southeast is full of marshes. The neatest area is near Austin. Called the hill country and it vey pretty. It gets down to freezing at some point in most locations but the coast.

shi t it averages 110* here in the summer...

and I still use heat.

but not in any max performance vehicle...

if its max performance, there usually isnt a whole lot of any amenities inside.

lighter is better...

A.j.

In the home stretch now! Got good oil pressure on the stand.
A few hoses, a little this, some of that....

Will probably drop in the engine and trans next weekend..:biggrin:

Can't wait to take it out for its first drive since 82 !

Attachments

• engine front end on (2).jpg
    engine front end on (2).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 188
  • oil pressure.jpg
    oil pressure.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 193
In the home stretch now! Got good oil pressure on the stand.
A few hoses, a little this, some of that....

Will probably drop in the engine and trans next weekend..:biggrin:

Can't wait to take it out for its first drive since 82 !

looks good

Very nice... maybe Ill see you somewhere in Sarasota?:biggrin:

Today would have been a good day, HUGE car show at westfield/sarasota square mall, over 1000 cars :eek:

Saw this Turbo Regal, very nice !

Attachments

• 2011-01-30_10-26-58_648.jpg
    2011-01-30_10-26-58_648.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 161
So that`s what was going on... I live off US41 and I keep seeing classic cars driving by:biggrin: I wish I had known... I just washed/waxed the Regal yesterday:(

Damn that`s a lot of blue under that hood and not the wheels I would have chosen, but nice:biggrin:

Poison! good song too. Hell I bet if we all had parts with under 1000 miles all our motors would look like that;) Nice job. Now get searching for a buick 455 and a brf trans to throw in that thing:cool: