82 Regal Limited with 774 original miles

Since the tires on the car were 27 years old :eek: , I decided to put some fresh shoes on the Regal.

A buddy's donated these wheels(Thanks Ron !) to the project, I polished them up and put on some Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's
215/65-15 on the front 7" wheel and 235/60-15 on the rear 8" wheel.

...Jeff

thats a nice buddy to give you those rims. they look great on the car.

Very nice... cant wait to see that thing around town. Do you go to or plan to go to any tracks? I used to go to Bradenton speedway back in the day with the Regal... looked like a ghetto granny whip back then:biggrin: I see your doing body work... what color are you going with?

thats a nice buddy to give you those rims. they look great on the car.
Thanks...Yea, you don't get a better buddy that that :D

Very nice... cant wait to see that thing around town. Do you go to or plan to go to any tracks? I used to go to Bradenton speedway back in the day with the Regal... looked like a ghetto granny whip back then:biggrin: I see your doing body work... what color are you going with?
Probably won't see any track time in this car...for a while anyways.
I do occasionally go to the Bradenton track, usually to watch a friend or during the muscle car shoot outs.
Gonna paint it back to original charcoal metallic, always liked the color :cool:

Thanks...Yea, you don't get a better buddy that that :D

Probably won't see any track time in this car...for a while anyways.
I do occasionally go to the Bradenton track, usually to watch a friend or during the muscle car shoot outs.
Gonna paint it back to original charcoal metallic, always liked the color :cool:

i take it your a bodyman/painter?

Very nice donated wheels!..... And what kind of wheel is that?
Thanks ! I really dig these wheels, kinda old school.
According to stamping, there an out of production American Eagle design that I cannot find a single pic of on the web...must be really OLD school :p

Engine update

Finally getting around to engine assembly :biggrin:

Should have it on the road in a few weeks or so, I'll finally be able roll the odometer over to 775..:p

Got a question..in second pic is my battery area, is there supposed to be a metal tray in there for the battery to rest on ? Dosen't seem right for the battery to be sitting on the plastic...

Thanks...Jeff

Attachments

• 2011-01-07_17-02-38_444.jpg
    2011-01-07_17-02-38_444.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 2011-01-07_16-50-15_140.jpg
    2011-01-07_16-50-15_140.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 222
Finally getting around to engine assembly :biggrin:

Should have it on the road in a few weeks or so, I'll finally be able roll the odometer over to 775..:p

Got a question..in second pic is my battery area, is there supposed to be a metal tray in there for the battery to rest on ? Dosen't seem right for the battery to be sitting on the plastic...

Thanks...Jeff

it just sits right on the plastic.

Mine had a metal tray, but I took it out... it was rusted out. I was going to make one out of aluminum, but haven't had time.

It was changed to plastic because it is lighter than the metal ones. It also wont rot away like the metal ones do. It's stock.

Well, the votes are in....

looks like platic is good !

Thanks for the info !

Also, spent the weekend wrenching on the motor,
starting to look like an engine now :cool:

Attachments

• 2011-01-09_18-13-02_49.jpg
    2011-01-09_18-13-02_49.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 201
Why does everyones engines always look better than mine:confused: It must be that there's color on the motor and mines black:rolleyes: