82 Regal Limited with 774 original miles

You should put a GN cam in it with turbo pistons. they are all the same compression and you will get more money out of that motor when you sell it, or you could easily put a draw thru setup on it.

Interior Panels Painted

Well, the interior panels were fading after a couple decades sitting in the garage so I pulled them all out, gave em a good cleaning, prep and a fresh coat of paint. Here's a before and after paint pic.
Thing's are starting to come together...:D

Attachments

• IMGP5124.jpg
    IMGP5124.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 609
  • 2010-11-20_14-09-16_59.jpg
    2010-11-20_14-09-16_59.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 605
Looks much better. What paint did you use?
Thanks !
I used a PPG SC medium dark gray from their Elastomeric Color System.
Made specifically for plastic and vinyls...Good Suff

Attachments

• Elastomeric_Color_System_SC_Series.PDF
    88.9 KB · Views: 315
Actually...I'm mostly inclined to V8 it down the road, no substitute for cubic inches as they say, but for now just a driver..later, wolf in sheeps clothing.

Got the engine compartment all cleaned up and waiting...:cool:

Why go with a V8 like everyone else and their brother and sister? I've got a 4.1 here that blew the doors off every single car that would race it and it's an NA motor. Dare to be different, you'll get much more enjoyment out of it and have many more conversations about it when you tell people you waste every Mustang, Camaro, Vette, and ricer you race!

If memory serves correct, which it probably doesn't;) There was a guy that did do a mild build on a 3.8 n/a. I can't remember what trans and rear gears he had but his regal ran 15.4 in the quarter on a mild build and 9.5 to 1 compression. If I was gonna build an n/a, I would do a 4.1 if the price was reasonable-in the n/a build, bigger is better. But then, if you are gonna build a bad ass buick 6, why not turbo it? Draw thru setups can be had for 500 or less and are plenty of fun for what money you spend on it.

If you don't have the motor assembled yet and decide NOT to go the v6 n/a route, I HIGHLY suggest putting turbo pistons in it so you can get your money back out of it. It may not have the turbo crank in it but it is plenty strong for a draw through car.

I HIGHLY suggest putting turbo pistons in it so you can get your money back out of it. It may not have the turbo crank in it but it is plenty strong for a draw through car.

What makes a piston a turbo piston ? Is it forged or does it have a special dome for turbo use? Does it produce a certain compression ratio thats turbo oriented?
The motor's not assembled yet and it's never a bad idea to prep a motor for future upgrades.

If memory serves correct, which it probably doesn't;) There was a guy that did do a mild build on a 3.8 n/a. I can't remember what trans and rear gears he had but his regal ran 15.4 in the quarter on a mild build and 9.5 to 1 compression. If I was gonna build an n/a, I would do a 4.1 if the price was reasonable-in the n/a build, bigger is better. But then, if you are gonna build a bad ass buick 6, why not turbo it? Draw thru setups can be had for 500 or less and are plenty of fun for what money you spend on it.

If you don't have the motor assembled yet and decide NOT to go the v6 n/a route, I HIGHLY suggest putting turbo pistons in it so you can get your money back out of it. It may not have the turbo crank in it but it is plenty strong for a draw through car.

x2 put a drawthru turbo setup. there is alot of guys that have never seen it before; makes a great addition to talk about at cars shows.:biggrin:

First you need to figure out what you are going to do with the car. I don't know if you have driven the car yet but it is going to be the biggest slug you've ever driven if you keep it stock. Now, if you want to turbo the v6 or eventually remove it and sell, I would put in the turbo pistons (the turbo pistons are the same compression as the n/a v6 but are dished and are not cast like the n/a so they can take a little detonation). The pistons are the only thing that's different on the engines, besides the crank which isn't absolutely needed.

If it was me, I would locate a draw thru setup or go the whole nine and drop an IC setup in it. It's gonna be a nice car when you are finished, why not take it a little further and make it great to drive as well.

BTW, nobody has yet to build a 4.1 draw thru turbo engine yet. Here's your chance if you aren't scared to a little more cash. BTW, the gears in your car most likely are turd gears. That would be the first thing I change out after you get the engine situation figured out.

Welcome Jeff! Looks like you have a great project with a great history. You'll find lots of answers here....I know I have.

I dont have a turbo 4.1. But I have seen a draw through turbo 4.1 before.

I had thought about it, but it wasnt really me.

I have a Blower 4.1 though.

and no, im not really being to quiet about it these days. theres a thread in hybrids on my truck, got pictures of my engine in there.

go have a look for yourself.:tongue:

:biggrin:A.j.

Interior almost done

Got everything but the front seats back in...

Starting to get that new car smell back....:biggrin:

Attachments

• new interior.jpg
    new interior.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 315
  • new interior (2).jpg
    new interior (2).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 342