82 Regal Limited with 774 original miles

Beautiful job. She looks to be riding a little tall in the front but it's fantastic to see her back together.:)

Thanks for the complements !

Beautiful job. She looks to be riding a little tall in the front but it's fantastic to see her back together.:)

Yea, I forgot the trunk was full-o-car parts when I took off to take these pics....:redface:

Very nice. I had an 84 with a 3.8 that I drove 100 miles a day on the expressway, and it got 24 MPG. It was the smoothest, quietest car I have ever owned. I racked up 265,00 miles, and it ran great when i sold it. You have a gem there.

Thanks for the complements !

Yea, I forgot the trunk was full-o-car parts when I took off to take these pics....:redface:

LOL You still may want to replace the rear springs though. Since it's not a hot rod get some cargo coils which should give you a little rake to it as well as help when you have stuff in the trunk.:)

An interesting note...I actually painted the car with the original laquer paint my dad bought back in 82 and
had kept stored in his basement. Cracked open the can and stirred it up.
They sure dont make paint like that anymore.

An interesting note...I actually painted the car with the original laquer paint my dad bought back in 82 and
had kept stored in his basement. Cracked open the can and stirred it up.
They sure dont make paint like that anymore.

i wish i had some old laquer paint. looks great.

You can still get it from Dupont, but the price is outrageous. I bought some PPG laquer at a reasonable price, but it is not as hard as the Dupont. You have to use 1000 wet instead of 600 wet or it will end up with sanding marks after you rub it out. I miss RM laquer and PNT 90 thinner. That's amazing that the paint was still good. I've stored it for 5 or 6 years, but not 29 years. What brand was the paint?

Good Old Martin-Senour from NAPA

nos paint (3).jpg

According to their web site, they no longer make laquer. Hope you have a little left over for touchup spot painting if needed. Laquer is easy to spot paint or do an all over paint job and get a perfect finish at home. Base coat clear coat can also be sanded and rubbed out, but the prep job has to be perfect. Your paint job looks factory. Good work.

Looks beautiful! Very nice job! I'd like to see some front air dams on that baby!

Interestingly enough, since you said that, I went digging around and found the original front air dam. :D

Dusted off the 29 years of cobb webs, bolted it on and....Tada ! Front air dam.

This car is getting cooler by the week :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00049.jpg
    DSC00049.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 121
She's still sitting a little high in the front. I'd probibly pull the front springs and cut about a half a coil off to drop it a little. The back had full weight on it while it was sitting but the front didn't so I bet the front are in a little better shape. A half a coil should drop it just enough to help with handling as well.:)

I'd just put all new springs in and be done with it. You'll be much happier with the handling improvement. Stay with monroe shocks and the ride will still be soft

She's still sitting a little high in the front. I'd probibly pull the front springs and cut about a half a coil off to drop it a little. The back had full weight on it while it was sitting but the front didn't so I bet the front are in a little better shape. A half a coil should drop it just enough to help with handling as well.:)

Funny you saw that. No one ever notices that i lowered my car a little.
the before black section has been dead for a while where is everyone?