6776 how fast?

viper04

I did a search and found a few, but was wondering what's the fastest a 6776 JB as gone and what was the combo. Side note: I know the 6776 is now old school stuff. :eek: Thanks for any input.

I did a search and found a few, but was wondering what's the fastest a 6776 JB as gone and what was the combo. Side note: I know the 6776 is now old school stuff. :eek: Thanks for any input.

John Plog had run 10.15 with his at around 26-27 psi.:eek:

Brian,

Didn't Grumpy run one? 9.?

How fast do you want to go.........?....:confused:

Was that with a GTQ wheel on Mellissa`s car?
JCGN went in the nines as well, with alky too.

Very interesting did not think the 6776 had gone that fast from doing my search. Any others.

Not as fast as others previously mentioned, but I have gone 10.4s on pump gas and alky with the 6776. 25 psi and 22* timing.

Very interesting did not think the 6776 had gone that fast from doing my search. Any others.

I know the TE45A (the 6676E) has gone 10.4's I believe.

Way faster than I ever could go, but nice to know that your turbo has that potential.

John Crawford trapped 138mph with one and unported GN1 heads and a solid combo including a 206 cam. His car is no joke. Easy 9's

Here's the post.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/201563-fastest-pump-gas-alky-car.html

Looks like 9.82 was John Crawford's best ET and 139 was his best MPH.
Freaking flying for a 6776 turbo IMHO.

The 6776 was/is a very capable turbo with the proper bolt ons, but needs to be pushed to make the power. (Meaning 26-32psi depending on the combo)
However, the new Billet 6765 does not have to be pushed so hard to make similar power. It will also keep making power above 30psi where as the older cast 67 wheel starts to taper off at that level.

I like to think of the 6776 as an easy mid to high 10 second turbo on a purpose full weight car with a built stock motor, where as the new billet 6765 is a mid to low 10 second capable unit on the same combo and having high 9 second capability if pushed. As more people get these newer billet units and start pushing the boost, you will see faster times.

Patrick

Here's the post.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/201563-fastest-pump-gas-alky-car.html

The 6776 was/is a very capable turbo with the proper bolt ons, but needs to be pushed to make the power. (Meaning 26-32psi depending on the combo)
However, the new Billet 6765 does not have to be pushed so hard to make similar power. It will also keep making power above 30psi where as the older cast 67 wheel starts to taper off at that level.

I like to think of the 6776 as an easy mid to high 10 second turbo on a purpose full weight car with a built stock motor, where as the new billet 6765 is a mid to low 10 second capable unit on the same combo and having high 9 second capability if pushed. As more people get these newer billet units and start pushing the boost, you will see faster times.

Patrick
Has anyone gone that fast on a 3 bolt 6765? I see almost all of the gain being the much better designed ex wheel. Especially when you throw a lot of alky at it. Id bet even if the cast wheel was run with the 65 trim exhaust John could have potentially ran 140+mph at around 26-27psi.

Here's the post.

Patrick

So far my experience has been that the billet 6765 equals the cast 6776 with less boost and will surpass it with 30psi plus boost levels.

Our first track outing with the billet 6765 in a full weight car on a "built stock motor" yielded 10.80s @ 125+ at only 21psi. Restrictive 3bolt housing and .63a/r will hold back the full potential on this particular turbo. It makes the real power above 28psi so we plan to run it around 30psi next week and see what that nets. I feel this will be pushing the backpressure limits with the smallish 3bolt housing. I agree with Patrick that the 6765 is an easy mid to low 10sec turbo WITH SUPPORTING MODS and is definitely 9sec capable.

Wonder how much boost Crawford was pushing with that 6776? The cast wheels do tend to run out of steam around 30#.