6265 dbb on stock long block/converter

G NASTY

How would it react? I'm building a stoker in the near future but want to buy and install this turbo now.

Got it on mine ,Rock and Rolls!I do have a built trans and Converter to match also.
I Think you will need a Converter. :biggrin:

My guess is you will have plenty of turbo lag with a stock converter. You will want a 3000/3200 stall converter. I had a P70 on my car with a 3000/3200 stall and it was not that fun driving with a lot of lag time. Now that I have a TE44 it is a blast to drive. Just my experience.

Sub'd, I was looking to do nearly the same set up as you unless more experienced peoples give it a negative. However I was looking to go 6262 bb in favor of the stock converter. Thoughts?

I have it on mine and it is a BEAST...I have a built trans with 3200 Stall That Turbo Killed my 1st Trans.

I have the 6262 with a 3200 stall, and I fried the fresh built to stock trans in less then five miles. Got one of Lonnie's trans in their now and it runs like a BEAST.

Here it is :D

Attachments

• Oct, 2010 057.jpg
    Oct, 2010 057.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 456
X2

hammer down at a stop light and youll have to wait 5 seconds before the "fun" happens

Ya but....then when it finally spools...dude in the other lane will freak as you blow past. ;)

But I agree...turbo lag would suck with a stock converter.

I'm running a 6265 with a 3200 stall and it's a blast.

True...but there's some good fun in watching someones face go like this...
:D :smile: :redface: :rolleyes: :confused: :( :eek: :mad:
As you give him the lead...and then...blow around him...

You need a new name; you're way beyond mean and damn sure not a chicken. :biggrin:

Ya but....then when it finally spools...dude in the other lane will freak as you blow past. ;)

But I agree...turbo lag would suck with a stock converter.

I'm running a 6265 with a 3200 stall and it's a blast.

With heads, cam, engine between 5200 and 5600and 25psi+ id agree. Without that you wont be able to get much out of the turbo. We did some some tests with a 6262 and it only made mid 380'swhp@27psi with unported heads. With heads/intake, and cam thrown into it it made over 520whp@25psi. This was on the same car. Drastic to say the least.

With heads, cam, engine between 5200 and 5600and 25psi+ id agree. Without that you wont be able to get much out of the turbo. We did some some tests with a 6262 and it only made mid 380'swhp@27psi with unported heads. With heads/intake, and cam thrown into it it made over 520whp@25psi. This was on the same car. Drastic to say the least.

I thought about that after I posted....I meant to go back and add "on my combo" but got distracted...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the catch.

ADD sucks....:redface: