Possible to spool too fast?

Turbos have passed me by, but you have it burned for a 6762...and it appears you're running a 6766 now...which I assume is larger than the 6762...so you'll require more fuel in the chip with the presumably larger turbo that flows more air...and requires more fuel.
That's an observation that embarrasses me despite whether or not it could be a factor and or actual root cause. It is a 6766 and was when I placed the order. I believe the previous owner worked with Bison on spec / purchase. I just searched to verify and found that you and others responded to some questions he had after installing. Chris996 - screenname. Where I got 6762 from.....I have no fn idea.

Thanks....

For anyone that jumps to a larger turbo with Erics chip...you have to send it back to him to get it burned for the larger turbo...as it flows more air...and requires more fuel. Same if you move to better flowing heads...they require more fuel. I've seen far to many guys jump to a larger turbo...and then wonder why they're running lean.

For anyone that jumps to a larger turbo with Erics chip...you have to send it back to him to get it burned for the larger turbo...as it flows more air...and requires more fuel. Same if you move to better flowing heads...they require more fuel. I've seen far to many guys jump to a larger turbo...and then wonder why they're running lean.
I sent a note to Eric asking if the previous owner sent in for a reburn. I have the chip#. I also told him that you pointed out my mistake when I placed the order and asked if he would have added more fuel had I specified 6766 instead of 6762.

I sent a note to Eric asking if the previous owner sent in for a reburn. I have the chip#. I also told him that you pointed out my mistake when I placed the order and asked if he would have added more fuel had I specified 6766 instead of 6762.
My next question is this. At what temp/humidity level is that file you posted at?

My next question is this. At what temp/humidity level is that file you posted at?
The first one I posted...when MPH was 130...that was back in October. IATs were 73 degrees. That time of year in NJ humidity isn't typically very high. The second one I posted showing FP readings was last week. COLD / almost no humidity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am leaning hard toward a spur gear fuel pump..
That's the only pump I run now😎
Have multiple brushless spur pumps on my cars.
Been well over 100psi they flow and never miss a beat,dont over heat the fuel and do not require any volt boosters and you can tailor the flow curve if you want.
They are great for street or strip and are truly compatible with alcohol based fuels.

Turbos have passed me by, but you have it burned for a 6762...and it appears you're running a 6766 now...which I assume is larger than the 6762...so you'll require more fuel in the chip with the presumably larger turbo that flows more air...and requires more fuel.
Hope that 6762 is a typo.
A 62 turbine wheel mated to a larger 67mm compressor wheel is beyond a mismatch of wheels.
The 62 will hit backpressure way before a 67 compressor wheel sees its shiny moment😉
In the meantime the spool will be slower.
6766 will drop backpressure and allow for more flow then it will need more fuel if the motor is up to task😉

If there's a way to edit a post please let me know. I know you used to be able to. Only because now I have to create another one just to clarify something I said in my last one....

"From what I've read, that should be within the bounds of being acceptable, I believe." -

By this, I mean the FP PSI reading in PL ONLY. Not actually being 2psi shy of 1:1.

Aaaaaand nevermind about editing a post. I see now. Wow...having a great day!
You can calibrate the PL fuel pressure reading to match a fuel pressure gauge.

The first one I posted...when MPH was 130...that was back in October. IATs were 73 degrees. That time of year in NJ humidity isn't typically very high. The second one I posted showing FP readings was last week. COLD / almost no humidity.
I've raced in temps from 50-95...and humidity from 35 to the 90's. With Erics chips on fueling default, I had to start adding high gear fuel under 60 degrees from default...and a shitload more when the humidity dropped into the mid 50's and lower. When it comes to temp/humidity you have to be on your toes when the temp/humidity starts dropping. One other thing. Humidity trumps temperature. I used Erics 5.7 chip as it has a wide window for fueling. I used a digital thermometer/barometer for racing. I'd watch it from round to round to adjust the high gear fuel to keep the car on it's dial.

Yes, drier air is denser so more fuel is needed. A clear cool fall evening will absolutely need more fuel.

I'll try this in one post vs 3-4.

1) Yes, it is a 6766. The real typo was in my TT order. I put 6762 when ordering the 80s / chip. I have a note out to Eric about it. I also asked if the old chip was reburned for the 6766 vs the 44 that it replaced. I asked because the 60s were at 100% DC when they were replaced with the 80s. Shouldn't have been.

2) I read about the PL adjust settings but didn't touch Analog4. 0.000000. Wanted to see how far off it would be / or not. Haven't done any logging since.

3 / 4) E-town being closed and Atco being a bit of a haul, all of my logs are taken on a highway on a short stretch of road - when no one else is around - I don't think any of the runs cover a 1/4 mile while I'm in it. Typically I don't do 2nd / 3rd gear pulls. I like to be in 3rd gear and roll into it slowly and get full readings up to or close to the top of 3rd to check for Kr (and all of the others things being discussed). The logs taken back in May and the one I posted the screenshot of from October, the temps and humidity during those times of year here can be pretty similar. Some minor fuel adjustments were made in the chip early on but when the BLMs were at max, that's when WOT was increased to 157 to stay close to 10.8. Since noticing that, I haven't made a full pull to the top of 3rd. As naive as this is, I see now looking at logs from May after the 80s / 450 / new chip, that BLMs were maxed out then too but A/F was 10.9 to 11.0 and no Kr so I guess that's why I didn't think to look at BLMs. Even though it was higher than the 10.8 target So maybe that says something about temps/humidity in May vs Oct. I know I threw a lot out here too.

Thanks again...

Correct WB picked in drop box?
NB and WB in good working order?
Good voltage at WOT?

I'm out of ideas.

I'm surprised he recommended only 80s. You've got 9 second potential. E85 uses LOTS of fuel. Personally I would have gone with 120s minimum. I would rather have extra headroom.

I'm surprised he recommended only 80s. You've got 9 second potential. E85 uses LOTS of fuel. Personally I would have gone with 120s minimum. I would rather have extra headroom.
Go back to reply #57. The order sheet says 93-94 octane and in his last sentence he says he's not running E85.

This is what happens when 2 different car problems are on the same thread . TTA308 is the OP and has 120lb injectors on E85 , DanSS2471 is the second car with 80lb injectors and he is on pump gas & alky . I got a little confused myself when posting . A new thread should have been started .

Definitely a typo, no such turbo as a 6762, nor would any builder put those wheels together. Eric would have questioned that.

This is what happens when 2 different car problems are on the same thread . TTA308 is the OP and has 120lb injectors on E85 , DanSS2471 is the second car with 80lb injectors and he is on pump gas & alky . I got a little confused myself when posting . A new thread should have been started .
Yup, this thread needs to be separated or closed.

Sorry, I was a bit confused on that post. I just got home from getting a colonoscopy and a little hazy from the drugs.:)