Possible to spool too fast?

Think I found the problem, as mentioned before i have a Axis interface and Extender Extreme chip and you need a Mag glass to see the numbers and such inside the interface, long story short i thought i added 8% WOT fuel when i actually subtracted 8%, haven't drove it yet but right now it appears to be a self inflicted fuck-up....

Think I found the problem, as mentioned before i have a Axis interface and Extender Extreme chip and you need a Mag glass to see the numbers and such inside the interface, long story short i thought i added 8% WOT fuel when i actually subtracted 8%, haven't drove it yet but right now it appears to be a self inflicted fuck-up....
That's the cheapest fix😎
Sometimes

That could definitely be part of the issue. You still could have other things going on.

Interested to hear if BLMs, Duty Cycle decrease and A/F if the target is lower than 11:x that is logging.

I'm asking these questions because I have an issue with too much fuel being required to keep BLMs from maxing out (170) and A/F staying on target at 10.8. A/F was hitting 11.1. With base WOT set to default @ 128, that's exactly what was happening. And during one run, I did have Kr which appeared to be real based on BLMs / A/F at the time of the Kr.

I now have base WOT set to max (157) in the TT chip which puts overall fuel being added at 32-33%. Not right. My inj duty cycle is also 'high' for my setup which is why I asked about yours on those 120s / pump. I have 80s and a 450 pump and dual nozzle Alky (which I've verified is working properly) and at my guesstimated HP, I should be around 67% D.C. I'm at mid-high 70s. This is all at 24lbs of boost. Like you, I've verified it's not a volume issue. I've installed a new FP regulator / FP transducer / FP gauge. 45psi line-off. Logging via PL. FP is rising 1:1.

The car is running well now. No Kr. A/F 10.8. But something's not right with that D.C and required added WOT fuel. Also, I don't want to rely on having to add as much WOT fuel as I have via the chip. One ECM reset, I forget to set it back to 157 and that's a potential BOOM.

This wasn't intended as a hijack...I just think we may have something similar going on. I've also left out a lot of details of other things that have been done / checked / verified.

I'm asking these questions because I have an issue with too much fuel being required to keep BLMs from maxing out (170) and A/F staying on target at 10.8. A/F was hitting 11.1. With base WOT set to default @ 128, that's exactly what was happening. And during one run, I did have Kr which appeared to be real based on BLMs / A/F at the time of the Kr.

I now have base WOT set to max (157) in the TT chip which puts overall fuel being added at 32-33%. Not right. My inj duty cycle is also 'high' for my setup which is why I asked about yours on those 120s / pump. I have 80s and a 450 pump and dual nozzle Alky (which I've verified is working properly) and at my guesstimated HP, I should be around 67% D.C. I'm at mid-high 70s. This is all at 24lbs of boost. Like you, I've verified it's not a volume issue. I've installed a new FP regulator / FP transducer / FP gauge. 45psi line-off. Logging via PL. FP is rising 1:1.

The car is running well now. No Kr. A/F 10.8. But something's not right with that D.C and required added WOT fuel. Also, I don't want to rely on having to add as much WOT fuel as I have via the chip. One ECM reset, I forget to set it back to 157 and that's a potential BOOM.

This wasn't intended as a hijack...I just think we may have something similar going on. I've also left out a lot of details of other things that have been done / checked / verified.
Methanol pressure?
That's too much fuel to be adding to that map,what pressures are you seeing on the alky and fuel pressure at 24psi?
I would also pull the plugs to see what's actually happening in the chamber.

The bottom line is this. If you were completely honest with Eric about your max boost and everything else, you shouldn't be having fuel issues. I've ran way to many of his chips on my own car and customers cars to know otherwise. Eric always errs on the rich side. So, what boost are you running, and what's the max boost you told him.

Not pointing fingers at anyone in any way. Especially Eric. The 80s / chip / 450 pump were installed back in April. When I was placing the order he told me I didn't need the 80lb injectors and that something was wrong with the fuel system. That was when the 60s / 340 pump were hitting 100% duty cycle. That was at 24lbs of boost. I have logs. Many several. Ask Murphster. ;o) Eric was right but I did the upgrades anyway.

That was back in April / May. Things were good until the 200 got hurt in very early June although D.C. was still high. Lost all gears except OD and reverse. That's when I decided to go TH400. Bison specd a PTC for me. The install was done in early October so I started logging again. I did ask Eric if anything needed to be done in the chip due to the swap and he said as long as the ECM is reading accurate MPH, I'd be ok. I verified with via PL, SM compared to GPS readings and it was accurate with +/- 2MPH. So during one run, I stayed in it long enough to reach MPH/RPM/BOOST that would mimick a 1/4 mile pass (or close to it). That was when it was noticed that things weren't right. Screenshots attached.

That was when I maxed WOT to 157 to bring the BLMs down. BLMs are 142 at 22lbs of boost now and A/F is close to 10.8 target. Duty cycle is 71-72%. This is not full WOT / RPM so although I'm pretty sure BLMs / A.F will stay close to where they are, if I mimick the run I made in the attached screenshots, betting Duty cycle will climb back up to high 70s. Even mid 70s is still too high. That's what I'm chasing with Scott and Paul's help. I only posted in this thread because as I said, I think it's close match. I did reach back out to Eric and he again suggested that I have a fuel system issue. And he's right...but now it doesn't appear to be a volume issue....but it's something for sure.

More things to check and that will happen.

Attachments

• Resized_20230111_184247.jpeg
    Resized_20230111_184247.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Resized_20230111_184157.jpeg
    Resized_20230111_184157.jpeg
    790.8 KB · Views: 65
Personally i didn't care for the 6.1 WB chip, didn't seem like it reacted face enough with the correction and duel nozzle alky is notoriously hard to tune, but E85 and 93/Alky are two completely different animals...

Took the car out today and its much better after adding 8% WOT fuel, WB AFR was hanging in the mid tens and only had 1.8 KR thats seems to happen at the 2-3 shift, zero KR when i rolled into it around 45mph, just for grins and giggles i'm going to raise the base FP to 50 and see how it acts... now need to figure out how to post a log.

Personally i didn't care for the 6.1 WB chip, didn't seem like it reacted face enough with the correction and duel nozzle alky is notoriously hard to tune, but E85 and 93/Alky are two completely different animals...

Took the car out today and its much better after adding 8% WOT fuel, WB AFR was hanging in the mid tens and only had 1.8 KR thats seems to happen at the 2-3 shift, zero KR when i rolled into it around 45mph, just for grins and giggles i'm going to raise the base FP to 50 and see how it acts... now need to figure out how to post a log.
The map has to be close for the 6 1 to react it doesnt have a wide correction window.
You should not see kr regardless of a shift.
You have alot of changes and need to pull plugs or test your fuel system
I always like a comp test to see where the motor is as well.
As far as alky twin nozzle being hard to tune i dont feel that way at all personally and I have tuned 4 nozzles with 2 pumps.
The 5.7 is pretty easy with twin nozzle is you look at what the car needs

The axis will read the airflow off the maf
It works fantastic
and you tailor the alky by looking at what the car needs and likes.

If that's a log with 120s and e85 duty cycle at 80% at 24psi with a 64mm turbo you basically are out of fuel cushion

Basically the 64 turbo wont run out 120lb injectors.
80% duty cycle at 24psi on a 64 to me is a fuel issue or in the tune.
Need a good pump and rail and injectors and it needs to be working properly with the computer dialed in properly.

As far as alky twin nozzle being hard to tune i dont feel that way at all personally and I have tuned 4 nozzles with 2 pumps.
My hats off to ya for even trying that shit..
Yes 120's, and when i say everything Mechanical is new i mean EVERYthing, from the pump tank -6 -8 fuel lines Eng Trans turbo IC ect, you name it, its new and that has made dialing this car in challenging, I personally installed every single part on this car, Earl Brown helped me set the initial timing and adjust the valves...
IDC stays around 72-74%. Eng has around 350mil @ Trans bout 175.
Even more difficult to tune when you live in a high density area.. Not to mention if the Po Po catch's you laying drag in this parts you will be minus one vehicle.. forgot, fuel rail is stock.

Methanol pressure?
That's too much fuel to be adding to that map,what pressures are you seeing on the alky and fuel pressure at 24psi?
I would also pull the plugs to see what's actually happening in the chamber.
I didn't answer this previously. I'm not logging Alky pressure. I disconnected both nozzles and observed spray to make sure neither one is clogged and the spray pattern looks good. Straight shot into the up-pipe. Not ideal but best I can do right now. I always hit the test button prior to making a log run and it hits hard...almost stalls the engine. I have the controller set to max for what it's worth. I also always make sure the meth tank is full or at least 80%. Fuel pressure at boost=0 is 42-43 psi give or take. 24lbs of boost log screenshot attached. Throughout the boost curve, the deviation between FP psi / boost readings is +/-2.7psi on the FP readings. So I think that's pretty much in the ballpark.

I apologize again if this is a hijack...I just wanted to acknowledge the question and answer.

Attachments

• Resized_20230111_224601.jpeg
    Resized_20230111_224601.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47