Possible to spool too fast?

Looks like your FP not keeping up.. have you tried starting over with no Meth ?

I didn't answer this previously. I'm not logging Alky pressure. I disconnected both nozzles and observed spray to make sure neither one is clogged and the spray pattern looks good. Straight shot into the up-pipe. Not ideal but best I can do right now. I always hit the test button prior to making a log run and it hits hard...almost stalls the engine. I have the controller set to max for what it's worth. I also always make sure the meth tank is full or at least 80%. Fuel pressure at boost=0 is 42-43 psi give or take. 24lbs of boost log screenshot attached. Throughout the boost curve, the deviation between FP psi / boost readings is +/-2.7psi on the FP readings. So I think that's pretty much in the ballpark.

I apologize again if this is a hijack...I just wanted to acknowledge the question and answer.
If your not looking at alky pressure your not in the game my friend 😉

I didn't answer this previously. I'm not logging Alky pressure. I disconnected both nozzles and observed spray to make sure neither one is clogged and the spray pattern looks good. Straight shot into the up-pipe. Not ideal but best I can do right now. I always hit the test button prior to making a log run and it hits hard...almost stalls the engine. I have the controller set to max for what it's worth. I also always make sure the meth tank is full or at least 80%. Fuel pressure at boost=0 is 42-43 psi give or take. 24lbs of boost log screenshot attached. Throughout the boost curve, the deviation between FP psi / boost readings is +/-2.7psi on the FP readings. So I think that's pretty much in the ballpark.

I apologize again if this is a hijack...I just wanted to acknowledge the question and answer.
The mac master carr nozzles are rated at 100psi.
So an m15 is 15gph behind 100psi
The mac master carr nozzles can flow up to 500psi💪
Just need pressure 😉
Basic fuel maps need to account for the increase in fuel from the alky system this is critical.

My hats off to ya for even trying that shit..
Yes 120's, and when i say everything Mechanical is new i mean EVERYthing, from the pump tank -6 -8 fuel lines Eng Trans turbo IC ect, you name it, its new and that has made dialing this car in challenging, I personally installed every single part on this car, Earl Brown helped me set the initial timing and adjust the valves...
IDC stays around 72-74%. Eng has around 350mil @ Trans bout 175.
Even more difficult to tune when you live in a high density area.. Not to mention if the Po Po catch's you laying drag in this parts you will be minus one vehicle.. forgot, fuel rail is stock.

50gph+ 💪 gets a little tricky above 1000hp on a v6😉

Not the right way to check your alky system. Get Julio's test kit. You may find leaks you never will see or your pressure is lower than where is should be. You should also be logging your alky pressure along with fp. It's the fuel system. If it's not perfect you will damage your engine in short order. A $50 pressure transducer is cheap insurance.

You still shouldn't be getting knock running E85 with boost at 25 psi . My car has been run on just E85 to 35 psi with zero knock . It just needs a lot more fuel .

You still shouldn't be getting knock running E85 with boost at 25 psi . My car has been run on just E85 to 35 psi with zero knock . It just needs a lot more fuel .
Sam, what max boost pressure did you tell Eric you were gonna run with your chip.

If your not looking at alky pressure your not in the game my friend 😉
I've been going about this slowly and just last week installed the FP transducer. I was using the means I have with regard to Alky. Which I know isn't ideal and you're not the first person to suggest logging it and I will look to in the near future. For now, I have the boost turned down. It's winter. Not much romping to do either way. Appreciate the input.

Not the right way to check your alky system. Get Julio's test kit. You may find leaks you never will see or your pressure is lower than where is should be. You should also be logging your alky pressure along with fp. It's the fuel system. If it's not perfect you will damage your engine in short order. A $50 pressure transducer is cheap insurance.
On it. Thanks...

Sam, what max boost pressure did you tell Eric you were gonna run with your chip.
I had it burned for 30-31 psi . Mr Spool has taken my car to 36 psi while working on the tune , but the stock ECU & 120lb injectors were difficult to dial in . So I'm changing out to a Holley , 210 injectors , & brushless spur gear fuel pump to complete the fuel system and delivery .
This is on a new motor , not the one in my signature .

With the 6.1 you can dial in the map to a certain point to try to get tthe curve right with a small wideband correction window if memory serves 10%.
In Sam's case his map and injectors were all in and the car needs more cushion on the injector duty cycle and better control over the afr in certain conditions.

I am running into a similar problem running E85.
DW400 pump
Stainless steel filter
-8 feed, -6 return
160 pph injectors
ECU GN
Champion fuel rails. -8 line with a Y block to each rail in the front. -8 loop in the back from pass side to drivers side rail. Fitting at the stock pressure regulator location. -6 line out of that to the external regulator. -6 line back to the tank.
I can run air to the regulator with key on engine off. That regulator will go to 120 psi no problem.

I am told my rails should have a return line from each rail back to the external regulator so I will be doing that. As it stands right now I am leaning out at 15 psi, which makes no damn sense.
Should I be using a voltage booster on the pump?
Ill be checking the filter and flow test the injectors.

What am I missing?

I can run air to the regulator with key on engine off. That regulator will go to 120 psi no problem.
Reg, which reg are you referring to?
If you have the stock reg on the rail and plumbed back to an external regulator, which external port are you into, and which port is going to the tank?

I had it burned for 30-31 psi . Mr Spool has taken my car to 36 psi while working on the tune , but the stock ECU & 120lb injectors were difficult to dial in . So I'm changing out to a Holley , 210 injectors , & brushless spur gear fuel pump to complete the fuel system and delivery .
This is on a new motor , not the one in my signature .
That's what I figured with you. I'm wondering what he told Eric his max boost was gonna be. His chip may not have enuf fuel in it. I've asked, but he hasn't answered.

Looks like your FP not keeping up.. have you tried starting over with no Meth ?
Log shows consistent difference of about 2.5 - 2.7 FP psi up to 24lbs of boost (meaning FP psi is shy by that much on the 1:1). From what I've read, that should be within the bounds of being acceptable, I believe. By this, I mean the FP PSI reading in PL ONLY. Not actually being 2psi shy of 1:1. Especially with the $9.00 transducer I have installed to get these initial logs. I'll be installing a better quality one. Prior to replacing the FP gauge, old gauge was not rising above 52 PSI. Pretty much fell apart in my hand when I went to remove it.

I don't want to keep creating more replies so I want to actually answer @SCOOBY DOO 's question about what I told Eric regarding max boost. That was 25lbs. I found my order. Details attached. Sorry I didn't answer last night.

Since I'm not running E85 and am running a TT chip, I'm going to create a new thread about my situation, having noted what's been suggested here already. Thanks for tolerating my interjections!

Attachments

• Resized_20230112_135238.jpeg
    Resized_20230112_135238.jpeg
    878.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
If there's a way to edit a post please let me know. I know you used to be able to. Only because now I have to create another one just to clarify something I said in my last one....

"From what I've read, that should be within the bounds of being acceptable, I believe." -

By this, I mean the FP PSI reading in PL ONLY. Not actually being 2psi shy of 1:1.

Aaaaaand nevermind about editing a post. I see now. Wow...having a great day!

Reg, which reg are you referring to?
If you have the stock reg on the rail and plumbed back to an external regulator, which external port are you into, and which port is going to the tank?
Chuck it's Deatschwerks 1000 external regulator. No other regulator on there.

Turbos have passed me by, but you have it burned for a 6762...and it appears you're running a 6766 now...which I assume is larger than the 6762...so you'll require more fuel in the chip with the presumably larger turbo that flows more air...and requires more fuel.