2010 Buick Race Day/Norwalk TSM roll call

KevinB

Since BG was washed out, hope to see a decent field here.

1. Toni C
2. Tim L
3. Phil M
4. Kevin B
5. Scott S?
6. Scott C?
7. Anyone from the south?

Let me ask it this way, is it worth a 25 hour drive or are we going to get there and it be at best running around at the last minute, or at worst no organization at all. I am in no way bashing, flaming, criticing, or whatever. Just want to know what we are getting into before we make a decision.

Is there going to be TSM payouts, if so how much, and who is sponsoring???

Let me ask it this way, is it worth a 25 hour drive or are we going to get there and it be at best running around at the last minute, or at worst no organization at all. I am in no way bashing, flaming, criticing, or whatever. Just want to know what we are getting into before we make a decision.

Is there going to be TSM payouts, if so how much, and who is sponsoring???

You aren't going so what you worried about?? :biggrin:

I'm there

I have everything back together and for the first time I'll be there saturday to do some testing. I had the bumper fillers painted and the scratch in the door fixed. Dosen't look too bad for a 5year old paint job.

Attachments

• DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 678
You aren't going so what you worried about?? :biggrin:

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me :p:biggrin:

Hell, I might go if I knew there was a reason to go, but if all it's about is ice cream and a cool roller coaster I can leave the trailer, car, and additional expense behind and just be a spectator.

Let's go ahead and air it out right here, forget the money, the ball was dropped last year and it looks like it's going to be dropped again this year. To compete at the higher levels of TSM takes an investment not only in money, but more importantly in time. Time working on the car, time away from the family, and time that could be doing things that are more organized. Is it really too much to ask for questions to be answered, information to be posted, and our leaders to be giving at least as much as we are as racers? I don't want to see this class go down, but if something is not done I fear it is headed the way of the dodo bird.

And before anyone says put your money where your mouth is I would remind them that I have personally put up $2000 in the last two years for sponsor money at different events for different races. That does not include the additional money spent putting on cookouts. And oh BTW, Randy and I just committed another $500 for TSM payouts at Reynolds this year!

I personally believe all of these problems could be solved with better communication! It's time for someone to pick the ball up and run with it!!!

I have everything back together and for the first time I'll be there saturday to do some testing. I had the bumper fillers painted and the scratch in the door fixed. Dosen't look too bad for a 5year old paint job.

When will it actually be able to do a backflip? I know it's been close ;):D

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me :p:biggrin:

Hell, I might go if I knew there was a reason to go, but if all it's about is ice cream and a cool roller coaster I can leave the trailer, car, and additional expense behind and just be a spectator.

Let's go ahead and air it out right here, forget the money, the ball was dropped last year and it looks like it's going to be dropped again this year. To compete at the higher levels of TSM takes an investment not only in money, but more importantly in time. Time working on the car, time away from the family, and time that could be doing things that are more organized. Is it really too much to ask for questions to be answered, information to be posted, and our leaders to be giving at least as much as we are as racers? I don't want to see this class go down, but if something is not done I fear it is headed the way of the dodo bird.

And before anyone says put your money where your mouth is I would remind them that I have personally put up $2000 in the last two years for sponsor money at different events for different races. That does not include the additional money spent putting on cookouts. And oh BTW, Randy and I just committed another $500 for TSM payouts at Reynolds this year!

I personally believe all of these problems could be solved with better communication! It's time for someone to pick the ball up and run with it!!!

You greedy fuker.:eek::D Just come up here so we can spank you and get it over. I'll put 500 against you in a grudge race but you have to drive.:eek:

You greedy fuker.:eek::D Just come up here so we can spank you and get it over. I'll put 500 against you in a grudge race but you have to drive.:eek:

LMFAO! That's pretty good, I'll take the bet, but it will be at REYNOLDS this year! Look at it this way with the good air, you may be able to break into the .40s ;)

LMFAO! That's pretty good, I'll take the bet, but it will be at REYNOLDS this year! Look at it this way with the good air, you may be able to break into the .40s ;)

We will go 40s here this year here. I can do the math:D. We have a new toy to play with this year that is going to make a difference. I hope. Fly into Indy and you can ride with us up there if you want.

We will go 40s here this year here. I can do the math:D. We have a new toy to play with this year that is going to make a difference. I hope. Fly into Indy and you can ride with us up there if you want.

New toy, I thought nitrous was still illegal :eek::biggrin:

Give me a shout later....

When will it actually be able to do a backflip? I know it's been close ;):D

I hope not!!!! Thats what saturday nightwill be used for.

On the other issue I was wondering the same thing. Most of the races are relatively close to me so thats not a problem. I'll get with Scott later to see if we are collecting fees to inter the point series.

Anyways,

1. Toni C
2. Tim L
3. Phil M
4. Kevin B
5. Scott S
6. Scott C?
7. Ryan G?
8. Bob S
9. Anyone from the south want some?

Let's go ahead and air it out right here, forget the money, the ball was dropped last year and it looks like it's going to be dropped again this year.

The TSM point series will hold its first event at Norwalk this year. We can discuss whether to collect registration fees at the track (bring your $50-75 just in case). No ball was dropped anywhere last year. The economy dried up lots of funds for lots of people. That, coupled with all the bitching I had to deal with the years before when I did get sponsors (who mostly never pay on time - causing payout delays to the racers) led to last year's situation. BTW, a vote at BG last year concluded that a majority did not want to pay their registration fees.

So are you and Randy going to help sponsor the TSM Point Series this year? We need you! (I've received two No's from other sponsors this year).

At every TSM Point Series event this year, the TSM race will be directed by me and/or my fellow directors Steve Sullivan and Phil McGloin.

I hope not!!!! Thats what saturday nightwill be used for.

On the other issue I was wondering the same thing. Most of the races are relatively close to me so thats not a problem. I'll get with Scott later to see if we are collecting fees to inter the point series.

Thanks for addressing the issue Phil. I am NOT trying to get any animosity started here, but I do think it's only fair given the amount of time and effort it takes to make these races that the racers are informed well before the actual scheduled dates as to what is happening.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Scot posted while I was typing........................

Thanks Scot, I appreciate the communication. Randy and I were planning on just helping with Reynolds, however now that it's on the table I believe we can put something together for the points series. Also, myself and Randy will be glad to help in any other way possible. I understand you are a busy guy, and if we can help making phone calls or whatever just let us know.

I personally think the fee should be raised to $100, and every racer be responsible for at least one sponsor. Just a thought.....

oh yeah, talk to Ronnie he said he will give $20 mustache rides with all proceeds going to the racers, and some penicillin of course :eek:

oh yeah, talk to Ronnie he said he will give $20 mustache rides with all proceeds going to the racers, and some penicillin of course :eek:ladies only of course. I'll have a glory hole in the mens bathroom. all proceeds going to the class

Your crazy!!!