2010 Buick Race Day/Norwalk TSM roll call

Thrash Man! Thrash!! I dropped mine of to get lower control arm relocation bracket welded on. Simple right, I supplied parts and INSTRUCTIONS (UMI) Long story short he screwed it up and luckly I was able to get them back in the stock locations, stop the tire rubbing, diff noise and trans yoke leak!:mad: All on the floor in the garage! Kicker is he actually want me to pay his full price! He got nothing. I got a $200 quote from a better guy to fix it next week! Does anyone know if they sell Methanol there???

Are you bringing your car?

Just got news that my car made alot of power on the dyno,but now needs some head gaskets as the vacuum line for the second fuel pump blew off and the car leaned out. Picking up the car after six got two new 1007 head gaskets and now the thrashing begins. Hope we can have it done tonight as tomorrow I have to work and have my sons B-day party after that. Gonna be close but we will make Norwalk.

Good luck man!

Anything can happen. Is this your first time? If it is....you will get hooked;)

Yep, I don't think they will have an alky class so I try this out. I love to watch the TSM cars, but never though about getting in because I figured I wasnt fast enough. I didnt know about the rule change to add more cars. That pretty cool!

Good luck guys getting them togethor and over here Sunday. This track is just awesome!!!

Kevin,
I saw Clay's car today. That is by far one of the cleanest GN's i have ever seen. I was thinking he did pretty good at the track today, then he told me this was his first time at a dragstrip. My jaw dropped. Anyway see you tomorrow night.

Felt so good getting to unwind at the track today and catching up with Friends.

It was great catching up with Cal at the same track our car was at. He got the tune pretty close for me. Now if i can just get him to clean up that one area in the log where the XFI is correcting .5% for a small amount of time:D

Looking forward to Sunday.

Got the car back together last night abot 11:00 11:30 got to send out the special thanks for friends and family who helped out. First thanks to the family for understanding. Now thanks to Bundy,Turbo-Tim Gsxr-Steve and Swoosh. Huge big props and thanks to Kim Mapes and Motorcity Motorsports for getting the car ready and fixing all the problems with the car, along with Mike Moran @ Moran Motorsports for the 1007 head gaskets hard to find on Friday after 6:00. Awesome crew I am grateful to all these great friends and family for looking out and making sure we are going to Norwalk.

See you guys on Sunday

The TSM point series will hold its first event at Norwalk this year. We can discuss whether to collect registration fees at the track (bring your $50-75 just in case). No ball was dropped anywhere last year. The economy dried up lots of funds for lots of people. That, coupled with all the bitching I had to deal with the years before when I did get sponsors (who mostly never pay on time - causing payout delays to the racers) led to last year's situation. BTW, a vote at BG last year concluded that a majority did not want to pay their registration fees.

So are you and Randy going to help sponsor the TSM Point Series this year? We need you! (I've received two No's from other sponsors this year).

At every TSM Point Series event this year, the TSM race will be directed by me and/or my fellow directors Steve Sullivan and Phil McGloin.

So was the points series discussed, and if so what is the outcome? Should we send in the reg fee?

Good Luck to All!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
I HOPE YOU ALL RUN GREAT & MOST OF ALL STAY SAFE!

I wish I was there...I'm already missing the smell of burnt rubber & C-16! :rolleyes:

Because there seems to be a lack of communication, AGAIN, I am asking, AGAIN, was the points series discussed? Is there a points series? If so when/where do we send our HARD EARNED MONEY!

Is this really too much to ask of the organizing forces behind this class?

My understanding is there is still a brewing conflict about the turbos. It is also my understanding that the turbos in question were torn down and measured at Norwalk and said to be legal, however there is now some behind the scenes investigating going on. Is this true?

My understanding is there is still a brewing conflict about the turbos. It is also my understanding that the turbos in question were torn down and measured at Norwalk and said to be legal, however there is now some behind the scenes investigating going on. Is this true?

No conflict. Top four qualifiers pulled the covers and were found to be legal.

Adam - No. The Point Series was not discussed nor was the money. Once the turbo plug started fitting loose everywhere, focus changed. Sorry I didn't reply the instant you asked the question. I didn't know there was a crisis involved.

I'll have more (from the secret behind the scenes - "Don't Tell Adam") on the turbos soon.

Adam - No. The Point Series was not discussed nor was the money. Once the turbo plug started fitting loose everywhere, focus changed. Sorry I didn't reply the instant you asked the question. I didn't know there was a crisis involved.

I'll have more (from the secret behind the scenes - "Don't Tell Adam") on the turbos soon.

Easy turbo, no pun intended, I just wanted to know what was going on with the points series. As far as the turbos, it would be good to know before I go buying a new one if there is a problem with any of them that I should be aware of.

Adam, is your couch fast and that's why your worried about all this?:biggrin:
because you aint racin yet. How big of a turbo you got on that couch?