1/8th mile TSM Point Series Race

Should the '10 TSM Point Series include the 1/8th mile Turbobuick.com Nationals race?

• Yes, with full points

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Yes, with scaled-back points (TBD later)

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No, the TSM Point Series should only include 1/4 mile races

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • What is TSM?

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phil so you think maybe a 6.69 or faster 1/8th mile to run TSM?? Just trying to follow you. I would have no issues with that however I feel that even a low 10 sec car is at minimum 6.60-6.50 in the 1/8th mile
I don't know, 11.99 is a little slow for a mid 9 sec. field. You would have to talk to Scott S. to see if the rules can be changed.

I don't know, 11.99 is a little slow for a mid 9 sec. field. You would have to talk to Scott S. to see if the rules can be changed.

For God's sake don't bring up another rule change, I'm still buying parts from the last ones :p
nut.gif

Phil so you think maybe a 6.69 or faster 1/8th mile to run TSM?? Just trying to follow you. I would have no issues with that however I feel that even a low 10 sec car is at minimum 6.60-6.50 in the 1/8th mile

Actually there is no minimum time to race the class. The minimum time is to qualify for points for that event.

He ran the car like it would go faster the harder he pedalled it in qualifying. (Adam that only works with bicycles).

Then he fell for the banana peel under the right front tire in the staging lanes. I saw Ronnie throw it under there real quick like:rolleyes: He is slick you really gotta watch him:eek:

As much as you lift can you run 6.60 in the 1/8?:p :D

You may want to check the updated 9 sec list, it looks like you lost another spot ;)

He ran the car like it would go faster the harder he pedalled it in qualifying. (Adam that only works with bicycles).

Then he fell for the banana peel under the right front tire in the staging lanes. I saw Ronnie throw it under there real quick like:rolleyes: He is slick you really gotta watch him:eek:

You worry about the rev limiter and I'll worry about the throttle :p

It's hard to concentrate with that bright yellow car next to you :eek:

You gotta set records to the 1/8 before you can set them in the 1/4. A car that's ahead at the 1/8 should always win the 1/4 as well. If not, it's down on power. This is especially true in a class where everyone runs the same turbo.

Just from racing 1/8 all my life. The 1/8 puts more emphasis on driver and chassis rather than overall power output.

Take Don Cruz for example. When he went 9.0, his 1/8 was 5.87 or something like that. He's making power and putting it to the ground. This proves he's fastest to the 1/8 and 1/4 with a 1/4 set-up. If anything, the lower powered cars can have a better shot at winning if their chassis and driving skills are better than the high $$$/high hp cars. So, if a car works like it should and the driver is on top of his game, he's got nothing to worry about.

You gotta set records to the 1/8 before you can set them in the 1/4. A car that's ahead at the 1/8 should always win the 1/4 as well. If not, it's down on power. This is especially true in a class where everyone runs the same turbo.

Just from racing 1/8 all my life. The 1/8 puts more emphasis on driver and chassis rather than overall power output.

Take Don Cruz for example. When he went 9.0, his 1/8 was 5.87 or something like that. He's making power and putting it to the ground. This proves he's fastest to the 1/8 and 1/4 with a 1/4 set-up. If anything, the lower powered cars can have a better shot at winning if their chassis and driving skills are better than the high $$$/high hp cars. So, if a car works like it should and the driver is on top of his game, he's got nothing to worry about.
EXACTLY!! Good point Dusty! You don't have to be Geared different for the 1/8 than the 1/4 for it to work and be competitive.

Hope this all works out for everyone..

SW.

EXACTLY!! Good point Dusty! You don't have to be Geared different for the 1/8 than the 1/4 for it to work and be competitive.

Hope this all works out for everyone..

SW.

Now, if someone wants to test a lower gear to see if their 1/8 et picks up, more power to them. I'd say everyone will not change a thing. It would be a lot of work to try lower gears and then get the converter right, just for 1 race.

This is not about how Don is making power and someone else is down on power (I don't know who you were refering to). There is no doubt he is making power. It's hard to beat over 800hp at the wheels.
If you run a tight convertor you can sit at the light till you reach what ever boost/ rpm you want let go of the button and set records. But can you do that under race conditions and cut a light? In the 1/8 you don't have the back half to make to make up for not getting up on boost or a bad light. With a looser convertor you can get it up on boost sooner but you give up a mph on the back half in the 1/4 not so much of a problem in the 1/8. I think the same could be said about changing 1st gear ratios too. Like you said in your next post I doubt if anyone will change for just one race.

Now I will say this again this race sound like a great event, great payouts good time of the year and you don't have to beat your car to death before Bowling Green. But the TSM point series rules will have to be adressed before it can become part of the POINT SERIES. Last year we changed the rules to voting on changes every other year. The next vote will be at the end of 2010.
If the organizers of this event were concernded about making this race a part of the POINT SERIES they would had conformed to our rules, not try to change the rules to fit their race.

Hey Phil ,if you read Dusty post he used Don has Example only and he is right on the money car like ours need best 1/8 mile to achieve our best 1/4 mile results. The 2nd thing brought up was gear change have tested this on my car car went slower because took the car out of it torque range in first and sec. these our facts on the gear change idea .

This being said nothing needs to change on the cars 2 run 1/8 mile ,because your car should run it best 1/8 to see your best 1/4 mile times simply this goes hand in hand .

Finally Phil this being a point series event was brought by the racers not by the event founders they have stated several post that is a TSM cash event .

Again thanxs Shane And CLint

Hey Phil ,if you read Dusty post he used Don has Example only and he is right on the money car like ours need best 1/8 mile to achieve our best 1/4 mile results. The 2nd thing brought up was gear change have tested this on my car car went slower because took the car out of it torque range in first and sec. these our facts on the gear change idea .

This being said nothing needs to change on the cars 2 run 1/8 mile ,because your car should run it best 1/8 to see your best 1/4 mile times simply this goes hand in hand .

Finally Phil this being a point series event was brought by the racers not by the event founders they have stated several post that is a TSM cash event .

Again thanxs Shane And CLint

Randy and Dusty, we'll have to agree to disagree on the 1/4 vs 1/8mi. I don't care to debate it anymore.

If you remember I used to run a 5.14 rear gear with a 2004r. I've also done the gear thing. I have since moved on to a th400 with a 2.10 first, and a 3.70 rear. With the 2004r I was able to keep my motor in a narrower power range with the extra gear but had to move on because of durability issues.
Finally, sorry Shane and Clint, I thought "everyone" was trying to make this a point series race.

Hey Phil its all good that what makes things goin different ideas keep the class goin foward that the bottom line .:)

Well said. We are doing this you folks like you Phil. We don't get anything out of this but to make the daily rent payment at the track so you folks have a good time with GREAT GAURANTEED payout

Well said. We are doing this you folks like you Phil. We don't get anything out of this but to make the daily rent payment at the track so you folks have a good time with GREAT GAURANTEED payout

I'll be there, we'll let the powers that be decide on the point series stuf.

This is not about how Don is making power and someone else is down on power (I don't know who you were refering to). There is no doubt he is making power. It's hard to beat over 800hp at the wheels.

Phil. Randy pretty much summed up my point.

Don's car is a perfect example of a car that does it all right. He can leave on boost, cut a light, run hard to the 1/8 and hold that lead to the 1320, all with the same gearing and converter.

The 1/8 will showcase drivers over making hp though.

Voted YES!!

Racin is Racin!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that why they call it HEADS UP!!!!!

JD