your thoughts on this diamond in the ruff

SHOPVAC!!!!;) I'd bet my shopvac could remove that possum and his friends...

The price is way too high for the amount of work this car will need (personally, I'd gut the car and pull the engine; check all of the wiring since it's likely chewed up, the list goes on...) however, if it's the real deal it will be nice when it's done.

I guess the question here is are you willing to expend the considerable amount of time and effort to "restore" this car not to mention the considerable amount of money to make sure it's 100%? It's cheaper to buy something that's already done but it's also very rewarding to take a basket case and give it a new lease on life. Your call...

If the price were more reasonable, I'd buy it.:cool:

Offer him $4,000. Part the car out, and make a few dollars. You'll make alot of guys happy, that need parts, and you will put the car out of it's misery

The price is way too high for the amount of work this car will need (personally, I'd gut the car and pull the engine; check all of the wiring since it's likely chewed up, the list goes on...) however, if it's the real deal it will be nice when it's done.

If you buy it... you should stop on the way home at the local humane society and have that ugly azz cat put up for adoption!!! Could make some nice little kids day...

Could not stop laughing at that pic!!!!

You ought to submit those pics to cars in barns dot com... it's gotta be a classic in the making.

that's the only time I ever seen a RAT beat an LC2!

I have 2 NOS Opossums if anyone wants one with perfect fur!!! These were available on any G body but mainly came on the Monte SS and were located at the inlet for the breather which seemed to slow them down. Dont waste your time with lowball offers cause I aint giving them away!!!!

Russell:cool:

P.S. I will attach a pic of one I sold last year that was installed on a Mopar.

Attachments

• Bruce Fulper Opossum.jpg
    Bruce Fulper Opossum.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 675
I have 2 NOS Opossums if anyone wants one with perfect fur!!! These were available on any G body but mainly came on the Monte SS and were located at the inlet for the breather which seemed to slow them down. Dont waste your time with lowball offers cause I aint giving them away!!!!

Thats funny.

I judge a car like i judge my women.... gotta be some kind of attraction there, but the only thing catching my attention is that damn possum lmao. I've dealt with several old cars that came with friends, and in my personal experience it's a pain in the ass. I paid 7800 for my 83k mile GN with receipts for my 10k motor and trans and couldn't be happier. Not a perfect car, but it's a nice driver. I wouldn't pay over 5k for it even if it runs.

My personal policy is not to buy anything without a road test, and I think you'd have a fight on your hands, there

I sold one of the NOS Opossums to a guy in South Africa and he even sent me extra money on the cashiers check. Im sure it will clear the bank..lol. I have one NOS Opossum left. Its the rarer Opossum T Limited with the long fur and Chrome nose. Last chance before you can only buy aftermarket Opossums from China!!!

man I just got smoked on the way home today by a toyota... I followed the guy to a parking lot and asked him to pop the hood.... and wouldnt you know it..... couldnt believe it either!

Attachments

• opossumcar01.jpg
    opossumcar01.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 540
Where is that picture from now..What the hell is going on...are opossums staging a war against turbo buicks and we just don't know it yet...oops..I guess that 2nd car isn't a buick

hey me and my dad got our gn a couple years ago and it sat for 9 years outside and it had rats and snake skins all threw the engine compartment and yeah there was a possem living in ours but we took it home and cleaned it up and got it runnung in a weekend and yeah it toook us like 2 weeks to get all the rat piss smell out of it and it looks like it is in alot better shape then what ours was in soo idk the price is high but the car can be a sweet ride for someone

On a serious note...assuming you're contemplating this purchase because of the low mileage, and assuming you goal is to restore this vehicle to the pristine condition of a 14k GN with all its 1987 glory (not that there is anything wrong with the possum look), plan on spending way more than $14,000.

Paint - $6,000-8,000
Wheels/Tires - $500 min
Engine Mechanical - $1000 min
Fuel System - $1000
Interior - $2000
Transmission - $500 min
Rear end - $100 min
Electrical - $$$ unknown

These are just some of the obvious things that come to mind. The seller would have to pay me to take the car. Even then, with the current values of these cars, it would only be cost effective to part it out. And that is assuming my time is not worth anything.

If you decided to buy it, you'd have to paint a possum on each side to scare off the enemy kinda like old military aircraft. Or maybe keep the critter and ride around town with it like Ricky Bobby and his killing machine:D

On a serious note...assuming you're contemplating this purchase because of the low mileage, and assuming you goal is to restore this vehicle to the pristine condition of a 14k GN with all its 1987 glory (not that there is anything wrong with the possum look), plan on spending way more than $14,000.

Paint - $6,000-8,000
Wheels/Tires - $500 min
Fuel System - $1000
Interior - $2000
Transmission - $500 min
Rear end - $100 min
Electrical - $$$ unknown

These are just some of the obvious things that come to mind. The seller would have to pay me to take the car. Even then, with the current values of these cars, it would only be cost effective to part it out. And that is assuming my time is not worth anything.

If you decided to buy it, you'd have to paint a possum on each side to scare off the enemy kinda like old military aircraft. Or maybe keep the critter and ride around town with it like Ricky Bobby and his killing machine:D

I think he might be able to get away with less on the fuel system. Flush the tank, new fuel pump and hotwire, should be good to go. (maybe clean or swap injectors...)

I'd add a little more on the tires and some more on the trans.

Might even be able to get away with less on the interior- depending on the smell and if the critters were using the seats as a bathroom. New Carpet for sure...

I'm not sure why people are freaked out with this car. It's just neglected.- Ok REALLY negelcted. Yes, you need to "remove" the little guest and his family and friends. You'll also need to gut the car. So what? It's not that bad.

I think there are two kinds of TR owners around here. The guys who buy a finished car and drive it and enjoy it. (ie: the smart ones) and the rest of us who buy a project, work on it, fix everything one issue at a time;), and maybe enjoy it once in a while and put more money into the car than it cost the smart guys to buy a finished car.

Personally, I don't have the cash to buy a "finished" car. And I prefer to buy a project because I "like" to work on my TR's. I also like to know what's been done and by whom. Yes, it costs more in the long run but I also get the satisfaction of knowing that it's "mine"... (not really sure what that's worth though)

That said, $14k is too much for this car. $5k or less would get my attention since I know I'd have to re-do everything. Hell, You'd need to trailer it and store it while you're trying to get it all cleaned. However, what you're paying for is simply the fact that it's a low mile car. (gotta be worth something right?)

If all the work is a concern, just buy a higher mile car that's already done. If it's well done, all the usual issues will have already been addressed and/or upgraded.

Good Luck.

Paint - $6,000-8,000
Wheels/Tires - $500 min
Fuel System - $1000
Interior - $2000
Transmission - $500 min
Rear end - $100 min
Electrical - $$$ unknown

Meh looking at this car.. the engine will be fine.. prime it and start it up. Done! and all that for the price of an oil change. It will need new tires, but other than changing the fluids and a good fuel pump/hotwire, new vacuum lines and a modern chip for driveability I doubt he gonna have to spend much more unless the car was beat on hard for those 14000 miles. Interior, doesn't look bad and just needs a good cleaning and maybe a can of Grand national gray. Bring the car to me, Ill have it running in a weekend lol. Oh and the paint is probably salvageable under there. A good cut and buff would make it look as good as factory paint can look.

I am having a hard time believing that is a true 14K car. Say it was purchased in early 87, drove 25K a year for 4 years, and then parked at 114K. The story is it was parked in the 90s, early 90s or mid 90's? 114k could be racked up fairly easy, let it sit for 15 years and youve got yourself a 114K car that appears like in the photos...

Why do the odometer digits look like its rolled over once? Doesnt anyone else see that the numbers arent lined up anymore? RED FLAG

Original tires on it? RED FLAG
Old style oil filter still there?RED FLAG

Seat belt and rear arm rest RED FLAG
Original head lights RED FLAG

Looks like alot or work, after all that work, you would still have to convince the rest of us its not a 114K car.

BW :)