your thoughts on this diamond in the ruff

I see the rough, but not the diamond.

One thing though. The possom....is awesome! :eek:

I know where an all-original (original tires too) 87 GN is for sale. 45k miles and he's asking 15k.

About that car you're considering. Holy cow that will require a lot of work. Looks like mold got to the interior. Consider the cost of changing every gasket, moulding, hose etc. Probably needs repainted. Needs a whole new interior. Even the horn button looks moldy. I'd offer them $5k.

I'm pretty sure thats the stock powermonster braking system under the hood.
But mine died & was changed to vacuum a while ago, so I could be wrong.

PC190273.jpg

Yep..

" Looks like mold got to the interior. Consider the cost of changing every gasket, moulding, hose etc. Probably needs repainted. Needs a whole new interior. Even the horn button looks moldy."

That mold, if not removed CORRECTLY, can smell really bad, especially when you turn on the heat/ac, or the ambient temps go high....Got allergies?? Forget breathing those fumes.
If that mold is growing on exposed surfaces, imagine what's in the heater box, ac/heat ducts, etc.
Rad core rotted, heater core rotted,,,NASTY!
Seeing what that clown has done to the GN, can't one just imagine how well the 57 is "engineered"!!:eek:

Sad....Maybe, $5k. [I see at LEAST $5-7K to "restore" it.]
As for the resident. Scare him really bad, he'll fake cardiac arrest, grab his nasty a$$, w/ a gloved hand, and "evict" him/her.
I've had them get in my crawl space. NP w/ a welding glove! MACE works well, too.:D
He'd make a nice lunch for the coyote in the woods, behind my shop!!:cool:

Have the car pulled out and give it a very good wash. If the paint/body is flawless I'd consider it and throw him an offer you both can live with. Nothing nicer than finding a dingless GN.:wink:

I would offer 11-12 and call it good. That car is perfectly salvageable. Change the oil and prime and it will probably be just fine. Do that before you buy it though.

I found this car with just 14k miles. This car is still original down to the tires and has apparently been sitting since 1990. The owner was asking 14k obo, but I thought that considering the overall condition of the car that it was barely worth half of what he was asking. Of course he is a bit more inclined to see if the car will run now and wants to clean the car up a little bit, but I didn't think that this was worth what he was asking. From the amount of time that the car has sat I would suspect that it will need all rubber, seals, gaskets, etc replaced meaning that the car would have to be carefully taken apart. I am still very interested in this car, and I told him to contact me if he finds out something new about this car. Am I wrong here?

PC190280.jpg

PC190270.jpg

PC190277.jpg

PC190278.jpg

PC190273.jpg

The owner also lives out of state and judging by the tennant I don't think he's seen the car in quite a while.

Dude your joking right...:eek:

How on gods green earth can you get that many leaves under the hood unless you leave this thing parked under a tree with the hood up in the fall for the last 20 years?:confused: This thing was not kept well, this guy could obviously give two ****s about this car. All the sudden he has decided to sell it for 14k. YEA RIGHT! If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, its prolly a turd. I trusted someones word once on the mileage of a vehicle and I got burned. If it actually has 14k miles the only reason it does is because he blew the damn thing up in 1990 and never cared to fix it. This car is the definition of JUNK and isnt worth a penny more than 4 grand.

Looks like the car had been moved to get the Chevy in behind it. I also think the GN was sitting outside with the hood up for 20 years and the leaves blew in. The plastic elbow on top of the air cleaner is faded. Would that happen if the hood were closed and the car sat inside? Did you notice the rust on the drum of racing fuel? Maybe the owner should go bury the drum so the ground water can match his GN. He needs to go to jail for something!:rolleyes:

Question??? Why was it parked in the first place???

I'm not really sure, but he lives in OH and owns the property elsewhere so I guess he never found the time. Either way it wasn't a very smart move. I know I could make that a 14k mile car again, but I'm not sure if I would have the time. :frown:

diamond???

do urself a favor and get over this money pit and move on to something nicer for your money. Can't recall who said it, but you can find 70k mile cars that look like 7k mile cars the way some of these guys are anal about looks and authenticity...like me;).........let us all know what the final outcome is though:rolleyes:

Mine sat almost this long - parked it in my garage in '90 with 14k miles. I pulled it out two years ago to get it going again. Changed the oil and filters, put in a fuel pump, and about a teaspoon of Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder, let it sit overnight, and it started right up with a couple gallons of fresh premium in the tank.

Didn't look anything like *that* under the hood though. I guess the stock possom fell off and I didn't see it.

Best of luck if you decide to give it a try.

i am still laughing at this one.inmo cars don't like to sit,and that possum does look pissed,if you plan on just buying the car due to the od perhaps being a real 14k you should walk.this is a buyers market and there are many better examples out there with less headache.

I think there's an angry critter that doesn't feel like getting evicted...and is probably willing to fight to keep it's residence....

Offer him $4,000. Part the car out, and make a few dollars. You'll make alot of guys happy, that need parts, and you will put the car out of it's misery