your thoughts on this diamond in the ruff

Soooo...any more on this thing? Did the original poster ever make an offer on it? Someone should at least attempt to rescue it for parts at least for obviously more than $10,000 less than what the seller wants.

And we have a pet opossum named "Opie". He visits our deck every night around 7:30 to steal food we leave out for a couple stray cats that adopted us. Will try to get a picture of him but he is sort of shy.:biggrin:

I think he might be able to get away with less on the fuel system. Flush the tank, new fuel pump and hotwire, should be good to go. (maybe clean or swap injectors...)

I'd add a little more on the tires and some more on the trans.

Might even be able to get away with less on the interior- depending on the smell and if the critters were using the seats as a bathroom. New Carpet for sure...

I'm not sure why people are freaked out with this car. It's just neglected.- Ok REALLY negelcted. Yes, you need to "remove" the little guest and his family and friends. You'll also need to gut the car. So what? It's not that bad.

I think there are two kinds of TR owners around here. The guys who buy a finished car and drive it and enjoy it. (ie: the smart ones) and the rest of us who buy a project, work on it, fix everything one issue at a time;), and maybe enjoy it once in a while and put more money into the car than it cost the smart guys to buy a finished car.

Personally, I don't have the cash to buy a "finished" car. And I prefer to buy a project because I "like" to work on my TR's. I also like to know what's been done and by whom. Yes, it costs more in the long run but I also get the satisfaction of knowing that it's "mine"... (not really sure what that's worth though)

That said, $14k is too much for this car. $5k or less would get my attention since I know I'd have to re-do everything. Hell, You'd need to trailer it and store it while you're trying to get it all cleaned. However, what you're paying for is simply the fact that it's a low mile car. (gotta be worth something right?)

If all the work is a concern, just buy a higher mile car that's already done. If it's well done, all the usual issues will have already been addressed and/or upgraded.

Good Luck.

Actually the interior is MINT so the $2000 listed for interior would go straight to suspension.

:confused:IS THAT POSSUM REAL? Id be flipping out instead of taking a picture.

Actually my girl friend and the care taker of the property backed up to the doorway a good distance from the car once we discovered the rodents presence.

Took a couple pics of Opie tonite. We are fattening him up. Should be good eatin!!:D

Attachments

• opie 001.jpg
    opie 001.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 251
  • opie 002.jpg
    opie 002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 256