your thoughts on this diamond in the ruff

wildcard

Gbody Finatic
I found this car with just 14k miles. This car is still original down to the tires and has apparently been sitting since 1990. The owner was asking 14k obo, but I thought that considering the overall condition of the car that it was barely worth half of what he was asking. Of course he is a bit more inclined to see if the car will run now and wants to clean the car up a little bit, but I didn't think that this was worth what he was asking. From the amount of time that the car has sat I would suspect that it will need all rubber, seals, gaskets, etc replaced meaning that the car would have to be carefully taken apart. I am still very interested in this car, and I told him to contact me if he finds out something new about this car. Am I wrong here?

PC190280.jpg

PC190270.jpg

PC190277.jpg

PC190278.jpg

PC190273.jpg

The owner also lives out of state and judging by the tennant I don't think he's seen the car in quite a while.

sure i could be wrong but nothing i see in the pics would lead me to believe anything on that car has only 14000 miles!

Looks like someone found a home beside the Powermaster. I would pass at that price.

Attachments

• PC190273.jpg
    PC190273.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2,160
I would agree with 114,000. Check a carfax to make sure, but in my opinion NOT worth it. Rmar is right, for that $$$ you should be able to get a pretty nice one.
Does the opossum in the engine bay come with it :) cause he sure looks pissed!!!!

Lol. Does the opossum come with the car? Looks it needs some work, but could be well worth it........................but 14k is a little steep

Probably does have the 14K Miles. Still has original plug wires on it and are wired the way they were when they left the factory. The dust and dirt can be cleaned however the damage that rodents can do to wiring will leave you chasing frustrating electrical gremlins.

Hopefully the person that took that picture escaped without being attacked...those things are nasty when cornered.

Mine has the orig wires, plugs (changed now) ect with 18,549 on the odometer....118,549. But it was taken care of and garage kept, like this one. I named my opossum "Frank". ;)

If the owner cleans it, tunes it up & gets running decent then maybe close to 14K. All depends on what it looks like Cleaned Up, Tuned Up & how Well it Runs & Drives.
Then it would still need to go on a lift & check out Everything top to bottom, front to back, inside & out. Could be A-1 or completely rusted out POS??
The way it sits maybe $6K for the parts value.

I think I would pass on that car for the money even with 14K miles. By the time you got everything back up to where it should be you would have thousands more in it and you could have just bought a nicer car to begin with and likely saved money. There is a very nice 65K mile GN local to me for $13K and it needs nothing.

Add $6000 to that 14 and you can have mine with just under 11k miles. IMO, mine looks a little nicer too, but I may just be a little biased. :cool:;)

31029289395.jpg

31029289442.jpg

LMAO....The possum in the engine bay made me laugh so hard I shot milk out my nose.......:D:D

Tell the owner to pull the cam sensor and prime it before attempting to start it

Not worth the dough IMHO. Since it's been sitting for so long, expect to replace just about everything. Why was it parked in the first place?

You'll be better off in the long run simply finding a nice clean, low mileage car that already runs. That way you know what you're getting yourself into.